Home

What We Learned About NBA Live 18 At EA Play

This is a discussion on What We Learned About NBA Live 18 At EA Play within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2017, 07:00 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
What We Learned About NBA Live 18 At EA Play

After a year-plus hiatus, EA showed off the return of the NBA Live franchise. This basketball series,...

Written By: Ben Vollmer

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2017, 03:15 AM   #2
Rookie

Macs Power's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What We Learned About NBA Live 18 At EA Play

The link doesn't seem to work for me

NBA Fan since 2007
Old 06-21-2017, 09:03 AM   #3
Rookie

texasgmr's Arena

OVR: 19
I agree 100 percent Ben. It definitely will not knock of NBA 2K but I like what I am reading about what they have put into this game. "The One" feature I am really excited for. I have said it in the forums and over and over again. LIVE 16 is not a GREAT GAME, it is a FUN game with friends and that is exactly what I have been doing with the Summer Circuit and LIVE RUN mode.

Having the options of taking your player to 'the streets' or 'the league' is appealing to me. There will be readers that will not like what I say and bash LIVE 18, and rightfully so. Consumers have not had anything else to talk about as far as basketball titles go. 2K is the king right now.

Hopefully the hiatus will help EA and put some pressure on 2K because frankly, there has not been much changed with NBA 2K over the last few titles.

Again, solid article!
Old 06-21-2017, 09:09 AM   #4
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

If I get an NBA game before the end of 2017, it'll be NBA Live 18. I bought my son NBA 2K17 for the PS4 this past year, and we rarely played it after the first few days. I traded the PS4 in for a One S, and I figured I'd give 2K17 another shot since we didn't play it much on PS4. We played it a few times, but it got traded in shortly thereafter. I'm certainly in the minority on this, and that's okay. I've just never enjoyed NBA 2K. They make phenomenal game trailers that make me want their game, but I've always preferred Live.

I'm excited to see and hear more about Live 18.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-21-2017, 09:31 AM   #5
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgmr
I agree 100 percent Ben. It definitely will not knock of NBA 2K but I like what I am reading about what they have put into this game. "The One" feature I am really excited for. I have said it in the forums and over and over again. LIVE 16 is not a GREAT GAME, it is a FUN game with friends and that is exactly what I have been doing with the Summer Circuit and LIVE RUN mode.

Having the options of taking your player to 'the streets' or 'the league' is appealing to me. There will be readers that will not like what I say and bash LIVE 18, and rightfully so. Consumers have not had anything else to talk about as far as basketball titles go. 2K is the king right now.

Hopefully the hiatus will help EA and put some pressure on 2K because frankly, there has not been much changed with NBA 2K over the last few titles.

Again, solid article!

Do people still play Live 16 ProAm online or is it just a bunch of CPU controlled players ??

Sorry, just a quick question, not trying to de-rail the thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2017, 09:46 AM   #6
Rookie

texasgmr's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Do people still play Live 16 ProAm online or is it just a bunch of CPU controlled players ??

Sorry, just a quick question, not trying to de-rail the thread.
There are still some players on there. I can live with some of the awkward movements in LIVE 16 to play with some guys that play team ball. We have a good laugh at some of the animations but we live with it haha.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:25 PM   #7
Nak Muay

pslieber's Arena

OVR: 5

Hahaha. Spot on - yes, I'm still playing it...awkwardness and all.

PSN: OrngeAlum
Old 06-21-2017, 12:41 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
I am a 2k17 junkie but I must admit that I am excited about having an alternative this year. As much as I loved 2k17, I must honestly say that certain choices they made anger me as a fan of the series. The fact that playing offline disables certain features like choosing animations, articles of clothing and boosts are simply mind-blowing to me. They really went to0 far with with the necessity to spend real money to really do anything of significance. Sure you can grind it out but there literally isn't enough time in a day to achieve certain milestones. I hope that NBA Live doesn't make the same mistakes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »