Home

Diamond Dynasty Update: New Exchange Missions, New Golds

This is a discussion on Diamond Dynasty Update: New Exchange Missions, New Golds within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2017, 05:03 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Diamond Dynasty Update: New Exchange Missions, New Golds

A sizable Friday update for Diamond Dynasty brings folks new cards, a new pack, new gold players, new Exchange missions and a clear prep for a new Program.

Starting with the new Exchange missions, these seem to be there to try and bring some marginal value back to certain items, while also giving folks something small to chase over the coming days and weeks. These missions include:
  • Exchanging 500 equipment items for a Ballin Is A Habit pack
  • Exchanging 500 sponsorship items for a 10-pack standard bundle
  • Exchanging 50 current MLB stadiums for one classic stadium (can be repeated twice)
  • Exchanging 75 Gold series Live players for one Diamond Live series player (can be repeated twice)
With all these missions, you can't sell the item after getting it, but it's another avenue to get a quality item if you just have lots of stuff that you don't really want or need.

The June 23rd Bases Loaded pack is 4,000 Stubs and actually has no limit for once in terms of how many packs you can buy. There is an exclusive All-Star Carlos Beltran (93 overall) and All-Star Craig Kimbrel (99) available in this pack. I would recommend passing on the pack even with the heightened chance at a Gold or Diamond, but as always that's your call to make. The other new players added to Diamond Dynasty that will show up in all variety of packs are:
  • All-Star Gaylord Perry (98)
  • All-Star Tony Perez (97)
  • All-Star Joe Nathan (94)
  • All-Star Carlos Ruiz (94)
  • All-Star Fernando Rodney (92)
  • All-Star Vida Blue (91)
  • All-Star Jered Weaver (91)
  • All-Star Adam Jones (90)
  • All-Star Jim Hunter (90)
  • All-Star Clay Buchholz (88)
  • All-Star Melky Cabrera (87)
  • All-Star John Lackey (87)
  • All-Star Howie Kendrick (86)
  • All-Star Jason Castro (86)
  • All-Star Jhonny Peralta (81)
  • All-Star Brandon Moss (80)
Getting to the roster update, there was some solid movement here this week from Silver to Gold, as well as some Diamonds shifting around a bit. Here are the major tier changes:
Moving Up
Diamond: Kenley Jansen became a stronger Diamond this week.

Gold: Gary Sanchez (87), Aaron Judge (87), Salvador Perez (86), Alex Wood (86), Carlos Martinez (86). In addition, Roberto Osuna, Marcell Ozuna and Lorenzo Cain all became stronger Golds this week.

Silver: Marwin Gonzalez (82), Jose Berrios (82), Cody Bellinger (82), Jonathan Schoop (82), Jim Johnson (81), Mike Minor (80), David Peralta (80).
Moving Down
Diamond: Kris Bryant and Manny Machado became weaker Diamonds this week.

Gold: Mark Melancon, Jason Kipnis and Jonathan Lucroy became weaker Golds this week.

Silver: Rich Hill (82), Rick Porcello (82).

Lastly, you can find pictures of all the new cards added to the game today in the gallery below.

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 05:26 PM   #2
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond Dynasty Update: New Exchange Missions, New Golds

Must. Buy. Ruiz
Old 06-23-2017, 05:56 PM   #3
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

So if I trade in 75k's worth of golds I can get a random, unsellable diamond player? No thanks, that sounds like the worst idea ever.

500 sponsorships that I could quick sell for 25 stubs each, for a total of 12,500 stubs will net me a 10 pack which I could buy for 10k. turns out that previous one wasn't the worst idea ever, this one is

50 stadiums that I could quick sell for 1250 could get me a diamond stadium, possibly worth it, probably not. Only Polo grounds is worth that

Then 500 equipment, only worth 5k in discards as bronze rituals exist, will get me a 30k Ballin is a Habit pack.

So at least one of them isn't a complete rip off. Nice idea, but as always, terrible execution.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:24 PM   #4
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
So if I trade in 75k's worth of golds I can get a random, unsellable diamond player? No thanks, that sounds like the worst idea ever.

500 sponsorships that I could quick sell for 25 stubs each, for a total of 12,500 stubs will net me a 10 pack which I could buy for 10k. turns out that previous one wasn't the worst idea ever, this one is

50 stadiums that I could quick sell for 1250 could get me a diamond stadium, possibly worth it, probably not. Only Polo grounds is worth that

Then 500 equipment, only worth 5k in discards as bronze rituals exist, will get me a 30k Ballin is a Habit pack.

So at least one of them isn't a complete rip off. Nice idea, but as always, terrible execution.
Its getting really old how bad they are at these kinds of things. This game somehow gets more disappointing as time goes on
Old 06-23-2017, 08:09 PM   #5
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

They've now changed it to just the 350 sponsorships, so it's just a tiny bit cheaper than discarding them and buying the packs. Although whether anyone thinks it's worth their time to buy 350 sponsorships to save them 1250 stubs on a 10 pack, I doubt it.

How does this sort of thing get through? Does no one there know how to add things up? Or do they not know how their own game works and the value of the cards? Baffles me.

Same goes for the unsellable diamond for 75 golds. That's pretty much just highway robbery. There are maybe 10 cards worth more than the discard price alone, only 2 worth more than twice that and 25 worth less, most of those worth significantly less. Then throw in that it's unsellable so if you've already got that diamond in you'd have to discard it for next to nothing. It's either an absolute con or them yet again not doing the maths.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 08:21 PM   #6
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
They've now changed it to just the 350 sponsorships, so it's just a tiny bit cheaper than discarding them and buying the packs. Although whether anyone thinks it's worth their time to buy 350 sponsorships to save them 1250 stubs on a 10 pack, I doubt it.

How does this sort of thing get through? Does no one there know how to add things up? Or do they not know how their own game works and the value of the cards? Baffles me.

Same goes for the unsellable diamond for 75 golds. That's pretty much just highway robbery. There are maybe 10 cards worth more than the discard price alone, only 2 worth more than twice that and 25 worth less, most of those worth significantly less. Then throw in that it's unsellable so if you've already got that diamond in you'd have to discard it for next to nothing. It's either an absolute con or them yet again not doing the maths.
Everything theyve done this year points to them just turning into an EA game where its just a clear as day money grab for the card collecting mode. Everything else is put on the back burner and the game mechanics start to make games more random so crappy players can compete more with good ones. I really cant reiterate enough how disinterested I am in this game already, its very unfortunate.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:29 PM   #7
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

The things is, it's an unsellable diamond, it doesn't need to be good value at all as it won't effect the market. They could have made it 10 or 20 golds to exchange to get it and it would have been a great way for people who don't have stacked teams of getting n elite card that would otherwise be out of reach. Instead it's just a money pit, taking cards out of the marketplace in exchange for less than they are worth. Just there to trick kids and adults who can't do maths into buying a very, very expensive lottery ticket
Old 06-24-2017, 10:52 AM   #8
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Everything theyve done this year points to them just turning into an EA game where its just a clear as day money grab for the card collecting mode. Everything else is put on the back burner and the game mechanics start to make games more random so crappy players can compete more with good ones. I really cant reiterate enough how disinterested I am in this game already, its very unfortunate.

They really took one out of ultimate team's book with these exchange missions. Everything that's happened over the last three weeks is especially disappointing. Haven't had a chance to play since this most recent patch, so I'm just hoping they fixed the hitting at least a little bit. Just want to be able to enjoy the game I spent $100 on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »