Home

Getting started with NHL 2K10 roster updates

This is a discussion on Getting started with NHL 2K10 roster updates within the NHL 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K > NHL 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2017, 09:30 PM   #1
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

OVR: 0
Question Getting started with NHL 2K10 roster updates

I just got NHL 2K10 on Xbox 360 after playing on (and working on a roster update for) PS2 for a while.

I want to make a roster update and draft class but I am completely lost as to the consensus of how to do so and how to make it work well. I don't know how to tweak the stats for ideal gameplay and realism.

I already ran out of created slots making Anaheim and Boston, and also, my finished 2017-18 Ducks team has insane overalls (95+ across the board) as I used NHL '17 HUT cards as a guideline for stats.

Basically I'm asking for any and all information (like if there's any glitches or workarounds that would help me out) and any guidelines on stats/sliders. Also anything else you guys might find helpful.

If I can figure it out I'd like to make opening night rosters available for the 2017-18 season.

I hope this topic gets seen as all of the topics in this particular forum are hidden for whatever reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2017, 08:44 AM   #2
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Getting started with NHL 2K10 roster updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEDX2007
I just got NHL 2K10 on Xbox 360 after playing on (and working on a roster update for) PS2 for a while.

I want to make a roster update and draft class but I am completely lost as to the consensus of how to do so and how to make it work well. I don't know how to tweak the stats for ideal gameplay and realism.

I already ran out of created slots making Anaheim and Boston, and also, my finished 2017-18 Ducks team has insane overalls (95+ across the board) as I used NHL '17 HUT cards as a guideline for stats.

Basically I'm asking for any and all information (like if there's any glitches or workarounds that would help me out) and any guidelines on stats/sliders. Also anything else you guys might find helpful.

If I can figure it out I'd like to make opening night rosters available for the 2017-18 season.

I hope this topic gets seen as all of the topics in this particular forum are hidden for whatever reason.
Been a while but the one thing to be careful of is the roster glitch. I will try to look it up for more information to give you. It is a pretty severe glitch when you run into it, TSOEliot can share more info if he pops on.

Also, if you are trying to play online with a friend in coop franchise, make sure the rosters are 23/23 or lower/23 (22/23) because if they are higher/23 (24/23) it will cause a network error and a drop.

Good luck on your rosters.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #3
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Ya, weddx, once the slots run out it's pretty tough to do much. That's why an editor for this game woulda been boss.

And not to hijack the thread, but shogun are you saying that the 360 is still playable online (with xbox live I presume)? If so, can you outline the exact conditions needed?
Old 07-14-2017, 07:24 PM   #4
Pro

TSOLEliot's Arena

I gave up on 2K10 once I couldn't even edit players in any capacity...sad! Love this game.

I switched to NHL Legacy 16 and it's a nightmare convert back to a USB after using NHL View (which I love but don't think I can share with anyone) .

I might have to check out NHL '18 especially with the new Vegas team and the problems it causes with an extra team in franchise mode for previous versions.

I think 2K10 might be still playable on the 360...though I haven't tried in about 2 years...

NFL- Eagles
NHL- Flyers
NCAA- Fresno State
Old 07-14-2017, 11:22 PM   #5
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
Been a while but the one thing to be careful of is the roster glitch. I will try to look it up for more information to give you. It is a pretty severe glitch when you run into it, TSOEliot can share more info if he pops on.

Also, if you are trying to play online with a friend in coop franchise, make sure the rosters are 23/23 or lower/23 (22/23) because if they are higher/23 (24/23) it will cause a network error and a drop.

Good luck on your rosters.
Would like to know exactly what the roster glitch is so I can avoid it as best as possible.

I'm currently working with a console banned modded 360, so I can't do anything multiplayer related (nor is my 2K10 up to date as far as patches are concerned) But I intend to get a replacement system eventually. I can't really do anything online with it as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSOLEliot
I gave up on 2K10 once I couldn't even edit players in any capacity...sad! Love this game.

I think 2K10 might be still playable on the 360...though I haven't tried in about 2 years...
I understand you were one of the people who kept this game alive for a while, is there anything you can tell me or important information I should know before I really try? My hope is to release 2017-18 rosters on PS2 and 360. I have everyone done from Anaheim-Edmonton on the PS2 version and I think I'm gonna reset the 360 rosters and only create the most important players (McDavid, Matthews, Ekman-Larsson, Horvat, etc.) while editing AHLers and retired players into everyone else.

Last edited by WWEDX2007; 07-14-2017 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Didn't address the roster glitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2017, 10:24 AM   #6
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Honestly, roster wise keep all NHL teams at 23 players (22 to be safe). I'd keep the AHL teams at 11 forwards, 5 d-men, and 2 goalies. Why? Because when you start trading and moving players around you may by mistake have a roster go over 23 players and it causes an issue of not being able to call players up and down.

Also, it would be best to probably start from scratch. Don't use any roster update found on the forum. Just take the last default roster by 2k, don't matter what that is and start from there. That why you know exactly what you are working with, no roster issues, etc.

Keep us posted. I have the itch to 2k a bit again LOL.

Daflyboys, you should be able to invite a friend on xbox or psn to play co-op with inside your franchise mode. Just make sure all NHL teams have proper 23 (or 22 to be safe) man rosters. Anything more and the game freezes or drops.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 07-15-2017, 12:04 PM   #7
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Ya, weddx, once the slots run out it's pretty tough to do much. That's why an editor for this game woulda been boss.

And not to hijack the thread, but shogun are you saying that the 360 is still playable online (with xbox live I presume)? If so, can you outline the exact conditions needed?
Game is still playable. Haven't played forever but I know it is still playable through Xbox Live. For Franchise, just as Fiddy said, double check to make sure the teams that are plying have a roster of 23 (or lower)/23. Anything high will cause a desync.

I recall back when I put the small guide to get the games played without dropping. Was best to never let the title screen go to demo mode and don't play any other modes inbetween. Like my buddy would play shootout waiting for us and we'd drop.

If he waited at main menu for my invite and came right in, very rarely an issue. But the biggest thing was the 23(or lower)/23
Old 07-15-2017, 06:50 PM   #8
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Ok, much obliged. Is it coop only or can manipulate it somehow and then play vs.?

Last edited by daflyboys; 07-15-2017 at 06:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K > NHL 2K Rosters »