Home

Relieve Fatigue?

This is a discussion on Relieve Fatigue? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2017, 03:07 PM   #1
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0
Relieve Fatigue?

How come when I have a reliever who's at full energy, once I bring him in, it takes a quarter off his energy bar? This happened to me twice today, once when I brought in Justin Grimm, and again when I brought in Carl Edwards Jr. I don't have them warming up for a long time or anything. This has been happening for awhile.

What am I doing wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2017, 04:04 PM   #2
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Re: Relieve Fatigue?

Nothing. At this point, I'm convinced that pitcher energy runs based on the alignment of the planets. Been that way for years. I have found no possible solution to it, and I'm particularly paranoid about managing the energy levels of my team.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-22-2017, 04:07 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Yeah, I've never found any rhyme or reason to it either. I used to think it was due to over-warming a reliver, but it's not consistent enough to confirm it.

Agree with TWW that this is a legacy thing

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-22-2017, 04:19 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Does this also happen if you have the setting off requiring you to warm them up and you just bring them in "cold"?

― Plato
Old 07-22-2017, 04:20 PM   #5
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Ugh. Not what I wanted to hear. It's like when my manager says that there's nothing wrong with my sales pitch when I'm in a slump. Great, so I just have to deal with it then. Meanwhile the guy next to me can sell ice in the Yukon.

How many of you clicked on this thread looking for ways to relieve your fatigue? I hear that scented candles work nicely!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2017, 04:25 PM   #6
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I think you can use Quick Manage to bring in pitchers. In my extensive experience using quick manage for my minor leagues, the pitcher never came in tired once.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-22-2017, 04:36 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Does this also happen if you have the setting off requiring you to warm them up and you just bring them in "cold"?
You still have to warm up pitchers through the menu even with that option off (otherwise they come in stone cold with an energy and conf hit), So I don't think it matters. That option exists for familiarizing yourself with the new pitcher, building confidence in a pitch or two by throwing strikes, and (if necessary) building up a bit more readiness in the pen.

TWW's quick manage idea is interesting, I'll have to try that.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:50 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

So, this might be coincidence, but it might also be worth checking out. After reading this thread today and starting to think about it again, I managed to duplicate the starting energy loss on a fully warmed up pitcher three times in a row using the "Schedule to pitch" option. Granted, my test is an early-inning situation and may not occur the same way in a real game situation (let alone Season/Franchise), but it's still the only kind of consistency I've seen in this occurrence. I'll lay out exactly what I did so others can duplicate it and see if they get the same results:

For this test I have the "Warm-Up pitchers" option turned off (I explained what it does above, and it really has no bearing a test like this). In a play now game using the Cubs, I fast-forwarded the top half of the first inning. Then, before the first pitch of the bottom half I went to put Pedro Strop in the bullpen using the regular "warm up" option. After the first out, I went back to the bullpen and activated the "Schedule To Put In Game" option (Strop is often around 15-30% on the bar by this point). Then I play out the rest of the inning as normal, and before the next inning starts I accept the prompt to bring in Strop (now fully ready because of the half-inning break). Each time (again, 3 games/attempts in a row), he came in with less than full stamina - I wouldn't call it 3/4 but maybe 85% of his bar and 50% or less confidence as opposed to the ~60% a pitcher usually enters with. It's essentially the same look a pitcher gets when you bring him in completely cold.

Here's the kicker. I also tried this same test without using the schedule option, just bringing in Strop as a normal move the same number of times. The energy/confidence loss didn't happen once.

Knowing why this is happening is the first step to us avoiding it and, potentially, the devs fixing it. So if you're interested, give this a try and see if it's the same for you. Somehow I doubt it's this simple as this is a thing that has been around for years. But it would make a lot of sense if it's been around for as long as the "schedule" option has.

Last edited by bcruise; 07-23-2017 at 12:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »