Home

Madden 18 Video - Falcons vs Cowboys Broadcast Camera (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Video - Falcons vs Cowboys Broadcast Camera (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2017, 12:39 PM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Madden 18 Video - Falcons vs Cowboys Broadcast Camera (SimFBallCritic)

SimFBallCritic has posted another Madden NFL 18 gameplay video. This one featuring a CPU vs. CPU matchup...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by Steve_OS; 08-11-2017 at 10:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2017, 12:50 PM   #2
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden 18 Video - Falcons vs Cowboys Broadcast Camera (SimFBallCritic)

Who Catches a ball like that? LOL

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-11-2017, 12:53 PM   #3
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Before reading your post, I just watched the video and thought, "Hmmm... there is no pocket mobility."
Old 08-11-2017, 12:58 PM   #4
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04

Just to note, veteran QB's are just standing there in the pocket not getting rid of the ball and just taking sacks, like last year is getting really old.

Watch at 3:23 and 7:00

I have NO idea how this still isn't fixed yet. There's no awareness, no hurrying to get the ball out like a veteran QB would. Come on now.

Also, in almost every video of gameplay i've watched there are a ton of fumbles. Wasn't that supposed to fixed too?
Yeah, both of those were bad, especially the Dak one. Looked like he may have had room to run it in for a score. Yikes.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:11 PM   #5
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Lack of movement and awareness in the pocket is the most noticeable thing throughout the video. Animations were very herky-jerky as well, especially the dropbacks. The QBs also didn't really move in the pocket at all or scan the field; they just kinda stood there flat-footed. Little things like that would go a very long way to improving the aesthetics of the game.

Also, the playcalling was questionable when comparing both teams to their real life counterparts. The Falcons were fairly run-heavy, while the Cowboys didn't seem to run at all until the fourth quarter. Obviously the footage was cut up, but it was still weird that Dallas didn't really use Zeke at all on that first drive.

Lighting and textures look fantastic, but the animations and AI are way behind the times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2017, 01:19 PM   #6
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

This might be an issue with the QB traits of senses pressure and forces passes ?
Old 08-11-2017, 01:26 PM   #7
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

That kickoff return to start the game happens because #42 is looking for a person to block, apparently, and actually goes right past the kick returner. Poor logic there.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:34 PM   #8
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
This might be an issue with the QB traits of senses pressure and forces passes ?

U know, it might be. I know I've heard others discuss this for 17. I don't think anyone ever had an absolute solution? Unless, maybe it was to set ALL QBs to sense pressure always.

I didn't play with sliders or traits much last 2 years, because most of the play was good enough. 16 had much better CPU QB play, for some reason. But, I'm trying to recall maybe as far back as 25 when I played with the sliders HEAVY all year long. And, I do think I noticed something that gave better pocket awareness was actually lowering human tackle. It's almost as if this corresponds to increasing a 'possible tackle threat zone' around any player with the ball. So, the lower the tackle slider, the more 'elusive' or the more 'aware' the QB was to threats, and from what I recall (long time ago, I know, but seriously, I was bound and determined to make amazing sliders for 25 ), really amped QB play in general. QBs took off faster out of pocket and/or upfield. And, they even simply stepped in the pocket to minimize the pressure. So, that might be something to try. Obviously, it will also affect other tackling aspects, lol. But, that's what sliders are for, giving people the old slideritis!

I think, also, one of the other major trends I noticed that year was pass blocking as well. If u upped CPU pass blocking, it didn't always make them block for 10 seconds or something. But, it almost seemed to me that it sort of said, 'pass blocking is better, so no sack happens'. Because of that, again, the QB would get rid of the ball faster, I believe I noticed.

Believe me when I say that I would hate to screw with sliders again, because it became such a nightmare. And, then a patch would break them a little or a lot, lol. But, those were 2 things that I recall might've helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »