Home

What's the Grind Really Worth in Sports Games? (PROOFED)

This is a discussion on What's the Grind Really Worth in Sports Games? (PROOFED) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2017, 05:34 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
What's the Grind Really Worth in Sports Games? (PROOFED)

Now that the majority of the major sports titles have been released this year, we can...

Written By: Kevin Scott

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
In 2k I dont mind the grind for physical attributes its everything else. 3000 VC per tattoo, 900 to remove said tattoo, 5000 for shoes, 1000 for a headband. Gatorade wants me to do some stuff around the neighborhood in their tshirt yet I still have to go buy it. Its 8000 VC for a tattoo yet I make 800 a game. 2k has found the line and jumped it.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:56 PM   #3
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Lol at the show! That doesn't account for the cards that you get after each game though.

i did grind the hell out of the show this year and I pretty much hate myself for that. Never again, any game, ever!
Old 10-06-2017, 12:04 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
If you find yourself playing for in-game currency, you're already on the losing end. It's about playing to have fun.* People are really GRINDING for several hours to buy virtual clothes and tattoos for a virtual character. It doesn't even affect gameplay. I only bought one shirt for my 2k character because it was an objective. Still rocking the grey sweats and* white 2k shoes. Why would I want to spend that obscene amount (of time) on virtual skins?*
I don't mind it taking a while to get my attributes up. The game is based on realism.* You're not supposed to be able to max your character out within a couple of weeks. I understand the frustration with these things.* But sometimes I think gamers need to adjust how they're approaching these games.*
What company in a capitalist country will turn down free money from people that are more than willing to give it to them because they can't control their own impulses?* These practices will never go away until consumers stop spending their money on it.*
Old 10-06-2017, 01:18 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2
I burned out on UT....it's all I played last year in Madden when you could get card while playing draft champs. They took that away this year by making you pay tickets so that's out for me....don't like solo challenges. And it's no fun when your team is a 79 overall and the match making puts you up against a 89+ overall team making ranked seasons too much of a gamble. And when you consider it takes 250 hours to grind to get what pay to win people already have that pushes me even further...no way I'm doing that just to compete. So I'm back to old fashioned online ranked games with stock teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2017, 11:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
It pains me grinding is now a part of sports games. This used to be confined to*mmorpgs- which is why I never played them.*
Old 10-08-2017, 04:32 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 30
Re: What's the Grind Really Worth in Sports Games? (PROOFED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_centa_fielda
If you find yourself playing for in-game currency, you're already on the losing end. It's about playing to have fun.* People are really GRINDING for several hours to buy virtual clothes and tattoos for a virtual character. It doesn't even affect gameplay. I only bought one shirt for my 2k character because it was an objective. Still rocking the grey sweats and* white 2k shoes. Why would I want to spend that obscene amount (of time) on virtual skins?*
I don't mind it taking a while to get my attributes up. The game is based on realism.* You're not supposed to be able to max your character out within a couple of weeks. I understand the frustration with these things.* But sometimes I think gamers need to adjust how they're approaching these games.*
What company in a capitalist country will turn down free money from people that are more than willing to give it to them because they can't control their own impulses?* These practices will never go away until consumers stop spending their money on it.*
I pretty much agree with u and the only reason I caved and bought VC coin was to boost my attributes a bit faster and I'm enjoying My Career like crazy (first real time digging into this mode). I'm a grown man with a career, family and responsibilities so I don't have the extreme amount of time to play vid games all day, most days. Time to time I'll get those days where I can game almost all day, if I choose.

I still just have the default clothing to wear round the hood aside from the jersey Porzingis gave me and only reason I paid for a hair cut is because of the 2nd time an objective took me to the barbershop.

Otherwise, I do enjoy some of the grind because it is somewhat realistic and fun to see what the story brings.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:02 AM   #8
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0
I'm so glad I only play franchise modes, offline, against the CPU. Never have to spend a dime on this crap.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »