Home

SOTS '17 Pack

This is a discussion on SOTS '17 Pack within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2017, 01:35 PM   #1
Rookie

wilb626's Arena

OVR: 4
SOTS '17 Pack

Getting psyched for MLBTS 17! I wanted to see what everyone's plans are for SOTS in the new year. I'm going to start early and find new walkup music.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2017, 08:20 PM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Re: SOTS '17 Pack

I plan on reorganizing last years with all the player movements from the offseason for a starter pack again so that we can have something to use on launch day.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:57 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I plan on reorganizing last years with all the player movements from the offseason for a starter pack again so that we can have something to use on launch day.
I will be assisting with the Phillies as always.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-05-2017, 03:01 PM   #4
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

OVR: 0

Already working on the packs. NY Yankees are done. Some new roll calls, new jeers, new players.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...XBPQlpKcmZyc0U

This first sample pack is what I plan to try for each team. After last year and not knowing what would fit within the constraints given to hard drive space by Sony, I am cleaning up what was done last year. I am using and sticking to this list for each team:

Pregame:

Win:

Loss:

Pennant:

Division:

World Series:

Hit1:

Hit2:

Hit:3:

Run Scores:

Home Run:

Strike Out:

Walk:

Stolen Base:

Caught Stealing:

Error:

Away Pitcher:

Clutch Out:

Relief Pitcher Entrance 1, 2, 3:

Mid 1st-

Mid 2nd-

Mid 3rd-

Mid 4th-

Mid 5th-

Mid 6th-

Mid 7th-

Mid 8th-

End 1st-

End 2nd-

End 3rd-

End 4th-

End 5th-

End 6th-

End 7th-

End 8th-

Team Chant:

Team Chant:

Team Chant:

Team Jeer:

Team Jeer:

Team Jeer:

Cheer:

Cheer:

Cheer:

Yell:

Yell:

Yell:

Now, on to what I plan on doing this year...

TEAMS
I DO NOT plan to add 300 walk sounds or 30 different home run sounds (both exaggerations). I will only add what MLB 17 has with the exception of Home Runs (within reason). Home runs can be added to certain players giving more variety so I am OK with more than 1 as the game has. I will add team specific cheers and jeers when I have them. There was a lot of bloat to certain teams (guilty for the Yankees), making it impossible to add all the teams into the game. I will keep the roll calls for the Yankees and I will add in special things like the "ole ole" from the Cuba game for Rays or some Bob Sheppard PA announcements as the come up. Because so many teams did not have any Mid or End of inning music I plan on adding a generic Mid and End of inning playlist, any ideas for songs would be great.

PLAYERS
I am fighting with whether I should include ALL walkups known or limit to a maximum of 3 or limit to just one per player no matter what. I am leaning toward 3 max though. I am in no way a die hard that needs total accuracy when playing, I just enjoy having the music and sounds add to the gameplay. Again, the limitation on GB's forces me to make choices that some may not like. I am also going through each and every track and verifying spacing so pitcher and batter tracks each hit on the same mark every time. I can't count how many times I got pissed when tracks were all over the place. I am doing the same with the team sounds, each will hit at the :30 or minute mark no matter what. This should make marking the tracks much easier for everyone in game.

MLB BROADCAST THEMES
I will offer these up again this year, cleaned up and normalized. Anything new that anyone knows of, please let me know.

MENU MUSIC
I am also getting a list together for my personal menu music which will include the goofy team songs that are out there, the greatest plays, and classic baseball songs (Glory Days, Crowd Chant, For Boston, Tessie, Centerfield, etc.)
Old 02-07-2017, 08:21 AM   #5
Rookie

aparks87's Arena

OVR: 3

Hey Guys,

Looking forward to this year's game and SOTS! Just a thought....to help lighten the load on lowlight and Cujomatty i was thinking maybe we could assemble a team for this years project and maybe have 1 person designated per division? I know compiling lists, music editing, updates, etc is very timing consuming. Perhaps having 1 person per division (AL EAST, AL CENTRAL, AL WEST, NL EAST, NL CENTRAL, NL WEST) would be much easier on them. Just and idea.

- AP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2017, 11:25 AM   #6
MVP

lowlighthabit's Arena

OVR: 0

CujoMatty and I talked briefly about this last year. Problem with selecting Divisions per person is favorite teams tend to create problems. Matty and I did it alphabetically and met in the middle, with each of us taking our favorite team and other teams we wanted to work on (Colorado was my extra team). As long as issues don't arise with someone getting mad because I want the Yankees and Matty does the Blue Jays, I'm sure we can think of something.

Matty and I ran into many issues, most were because we were new to it.
1. Tracks hitting at certain marks every time and sound normalized to 98db. This is a must! It was a major thorn in our sides until we worked out the kinks. I believe we both use the same products now (Goldwave).
2. Track labels must be consistently the same. I know when we began, Matty did them one way and I did them another. We came up with a standard and then also began editing the track info with team logos, track artist, etc. so they looked nice in game.
3. I know an issue I had for sure, not sure on Matty, was searching for new walkups for players on here. Standardizing the title of threads would help greatly. Also, more volunteers taking on teams. I know a few teams had no representation at all (Red Sox and a few others). Keeping all the lists of music to a standard would be great. I would like to see the lists represented by how they are seen in game:
Pregame:
Win:
Loss:
etc.
Having things like double play, triple, mound visits, etc. are completely useless when the game doesn't even have a slot for them. I get people want realism but we can't include everything played at a game because there is just not enough space to fit it all. Pitcher walkups when batting also just doesn't work when we were so limited with space. If they double the space this year, than I am all for pitcher walkups when batting. Also, if you know a song is played from a certain spot, give us a link and the exact time it's playing. We don't hear what you hear and that can be frustrating at times.
4. As a community we need to decide whether we need 24 home run sounds because they are played in a stadium or if we should just cap them at 3. Again, it's a space issue. I would love to include everything for the die hards, but I just don't think it's possible. I have 4 or 5 teams that I couldn't load music on because of bloat on some teams. Maybe, the die hards can create expansion packs for their teams which I think would be pretty awesome to see. That would allow people to pick and choose more. I for one want every team in, I just don't necessarily need all the minor league players of the Blue Jays.

All in all I had a lot of fun last year doing this. It was hectic at times, but the final product we put out made it worthwhile. Working out the remaining kinks this year would be awesome, having help be great, as long as the help sticks to the system Matty and I were using.

Hearing the yells and jeers, walkup music, someone yelling out popcorn here and all the other sounds really adds to the game. With more support from the community I think this year could be really special!
Old 02-08-2017, 03:51 AM   #7
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlighthabit
Already working on the packs. NY Yankees are done. Some new roll calls, new jeers, new players.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...XBPQlpKcmZyc0U

This first sample pack is what I plan to try for each team. After last year and not knowing what would fit within the constraints given to hard drive space by Sony, I am cleaning up what was done last year. I am using and sticking to this list for each team:

Pregame:

Win:

Loss:

Pennant:

Division:

World Series:

Hit1:

Hit2:

Hit:3:

Run Scores:

Home Run:

Strike Out:

Walk:

Stolen Base:

Caught Stealing:

Error:

Away Pitcher:

Clutch Out:

Relief Pitcher Entrance 1, 2, 3:

Mid 1st-

Mid 2nd-

Mid 3rd-

Mid 4th-

Mid 5th-

Mid 6th-

Mid 7th-

Mid 8th-

End 1st-

End 2nd-

End 3rd-

End 4th-

End 5th-

End 6th-

End 7th-

End 8th-

Team Chant:

Team Chant:

Team Chant:

Team Jeer:

Team Jeer:

Team Jeer:

Cheer:

Cheer:

Cheer:

Yell:

Yell:

Yell:

Now, on to what I plan on doing this year...

TEAMS
I DO NOT plan to add 300 walk sounds or 30 different home run sounds (both exaggerations). I will only add what MLB 17 has with the exception of Home Runs (within reason). Home runs can be added to certain players giving more variety so I am OK with more than 1 as the game has. I will add team specific cheers and jeers when I have them. There was a lot of bloat to certain teams (guilty for the Yankees), making it impossible to add all the teams into the game. I will keep the roll calls for the Yankees and I will add in special things like the "ole ole" from the Cuba game for Rays or some Bob Sheppard PA announcements as the come up. Because so many teams did not have any Mid or End of inning music I plan on adding a generic Mid and End of inning playlist, any ideas for songs would be great.

PLAYERS
I am fighting with whether I should include ALL walkups known or limit to a maximum of 3 or limit to just one per player no matter what. I am leaning toward 3 max though. I am in no way a die hard that needs total accuracy when playing, I just enjoy having the music and sounds add to the gameplay. Again, the limitation on GB's forces me to make choices that some may not like. I am also going through each and every track and verifying spacing so pitcher and batter tracks each hit on the same mark every time. I can't count how many times I got pissed when tracks were all over the place. I am doing the same with the team sounds, each will hit at the :30 or minute mark no matter what. This should make marking the tracks much easier for everyone in game.

MLB BROADCAST THEMES
I will offer these up again this year, cleaned up and normalized. Anything new that anyone knows of, please let me know.

MENU MUSIC
I am also getting a list together for my personal menu music which will include the goofy team songs that are out there, the greatest plays, and classic baseball songs (Glory Days, Crowd Chant, For Boston, Tessie, Centerfield, etc.)
Couldnt agree more about having a formula and sticking to it and your list is perfect.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:01 AM   #8
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparks87
Hey Guys,

Looking forward to this year's game and SOTS! Just a thought....to help lighten the load on lowlight and Cujomatty i was thinking maybe we could assemble a team for this years project and maybe have 1 person designated per division? I know compiling lists, music editing, updates, etc is very timing consuming. Perhaps having 1 person per division (AL EAST, AL CENTRAL, AL WEST, NL EAST, NL CENTRAL, NL WEST) would be much easier on them. Just and idea.

- AP
The more help the better. So whoever wants in im good with as long as lowlight is cool with it. Once we know who wants in we can split up the teams and i will do the jays and lowlight the yankees and then split up the rest however.

My biggest concern is whoever helps with the packs need to stick with the formula and format no matter what for the official pack. If you want to go crazy and make a pack that has 100 songs for one team it should be released seperately for those interested.

Im personally not a huge fan of making the team sounds as lowlight probably remembers hahaha so id rather do extra walk ups but its good either way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »