Home

Grand Slam Tennis 2 PS3 impressions

This is a discussion on Grand Slam Tennis 2 PS3 impressions within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Grand Slam Tennis 2 PS3 impressions

This is imo the best tennis game. In the career mode it is definitely too easy in years 1 and 2 maybe 3. A way around this is to skip all grand slam events in these years. This way it won't spoil winning the slams and by the 4th year it will indeed be a challenge. To get to this point i just played the pre tournament games on shortest matched to progress quickly. A great feature is the download a pro. Here you can download any player that has been uploaded to the EA servers. There are 32 slots available and i now have all top 32 players in the ATP tour. Some of these players are just as realistic as the players already in the game, Del Potro and Verdasco look amazingly lifelike. I think the best looking ones have been created using EA game face, Agassi is another excellent one. Online play is even better, no problems with lag unless playing someone on the other side of the world or with a poor connection. Had some really good battles so far. Some people have said there aren't any times when the ball goes out or in to the net, well i have seen plenty. Mostly balls going wide but also into the net when volleying and i have even see a shot go long. What impressed me even further was in the ESPN classic match, Serena Williams vs Maria Sharapova, Serena served a double fault and had a couple of let serves too! In the tournament mode you can have up to 128 players as in a real tournament. You can add any players you have downloaded and the rest will be fictitious. What i have been doing is starting at round 3 of a tournament, ie 32 players allowing me to use all the current top 32 ATP tour players! So, don't be put off by certain reviews or lack of sliders, this game is awesome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 PS3 impressions

So we can use gameface for the share a pro? Good stuff,thanks for sharing. I'm excited for this game and will be getting it on Tuesday.

Who controls the ratings of these created/downloaded pros?
Just made my face on the face creator, looks exactly like me! Pretty cool stuff.

Videos please
Old 02-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Well i've not tried game face myself, i think that must be how some of the created players i've download were made though as most of them are a very good likeness. When you create a player you get points to distribute, after you can adjust them in edit player. Online play in tournaments is generally better than play now, not so many cheaters/cheese.

Last edited by tanner75; 02-12-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Here are a couple of images i took of del potro and agassi what do you think ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010213.JPG (77.9 KB, 286 views)
File Type: jpg P1010214.JPG (101.3 KB, 280 views)
Old 02-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
Rookie

Other players to download include Isner, Monfils, Warwinka, Safin, Gasquet, Graf, Azarenka, Lendl, Ferrer, Almagro, Wozniacki. Li, more to come too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

One question....

Can you edit existing players attributes?
Old 02-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah Im really not going to consider this game until a patch comes out and does these things for at least the Superstar Difficulty

-Serve meter needs to be much harder to get an Ace, and more punishing if you miss your mark...Theres Practically no Faults/LETs....AI needs to miss 1st Serves too

-If you don't have good timing and are hitting poor balls, then they should be going out....More Unforced Errors again for both the User and CPU

-Enough with CPU Net Hugging...

-Wheres the Fitness Level Factor???? Everybody runs like Nadal x5.....Really you need short term and long term Stamina levels

-Option to turn off Color Trails on the ball

Look Im not even a Tennis buff, Ive only really watched the sport since 09 because I liked Nadals style/ability to get to shots, but even I can point those things out and realize how much they mean to a tennis game.

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 02-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

One MAJOR problem with this game is that on pro difficulty and up ALL the AI players regardless of their attributes play at the net with the skill of Patrick Rafter so you end up having to defend volleys from the baseline nearly every point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »