Home

Actual Tennis

This is a discussion on Actual Tennis within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2017, 05:42 PM   #73

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Actual Tennis

Hopefully he can. Canadian sports outside of hockey really sucks. They need more people playing and more who are successful. Can't blame lack of athletes on lack of suitable venues or anything. People just have to be interested at young age and got dedication and support from adults(parents, coaches, teachers) .

If I could do over my youth sports, I'd go harder on baseball and tried 100m sprints and tennis. In school, there was minimal effort put into baseball, and track seemed to only be these long distance stuff. 0 tennis ever played at any school I was at.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:50 PM   #74
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Hopefully he can. Canadian sports outside of hockey really sucks. They need more people playing and more who are successful. Can't blame lack of athletes on lack of suitable venues or anything. People just have to be interested at young age and got dedication and support from adults(parents, coaches, teachers) .

If I could do over my youth sports, I'd go harder on baseball and tried 100m sprints and tennis. In school, there was minimal effort put into baseball, and track seemed to only be these long distance stuff. 0 tennis ever played at any school I was at.
I see what you're saying. Isn't Roanic Canadian too? He's the best Canadian tennis player that I can remember & I'm 46 years of age. He will win his 1st major soon but this Shapovalov kid isgoing to be good. Hockey is the major sport in Canada. Is there really a 2nd accepted sport? Maybe the CFL?

I read that Shapovalov was born originally in Israel. That name sounds more like a Serbian or Russian name to me. Or, you could say a french Canadian name I guess.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 08-11-2017, 11:08 PM   #75

Majingir's Arena

Raonic is good too, but is basically the Raptors of tennis lol. Good, but not elite superstar level.

Technically soccer is the most played sport in Canada (cost reasons obviously help its case especially VS hockey) but competitive level and proper development sucks. Too many just see it as a hobby and not enough peruse it as a career or get that training or guidance to help them do so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2017, 11:25 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

don't forget Genie Bouchard!
Old 08-11-2017, 11:55 PM   #77

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
2014 she was great but hasn't been so good since. I think most of it is probably just mental.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:11 PM   #78
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
2014 she was great but hasn't been so good since. I think most of it is probably just mental.
Just like Majingir said Bouchard has really fallen off since 2014. She's really dropped in the rankings after getting to #3 I believe. She's getting beat early too in some of these events. Not even making it past the 2nd Round in some of them. That's concerning for what looked like a promising for sure #1 contending player.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 08-14-2017, 01:11 AM   #79
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Well, Federer lost to Zverev in straight sets in the Men's Final & Svitolina beat Wozniacki in straight sets as well in the Women's Final.

The Federer lost is somewhat surprising to me because of the way he had been playing. The Wozniacki lost isn't as surprising. Zverev though is headed for a challenge to the #1 spot in the rankings. He is younger than Federer & has a really solid game of tennis.

He was officially ranked in the top 10 coming in but had a #4 seed because of players missing from the tourney. I think he was either #8th or #9th ranked coming in. This win just might place him into the top 5 rankings now.

He's certainly going higher than #5 in my opinion. #1 isn't out of the question for him now with Djokovic out for the rest of the year with the elbow injury.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 08-15-2017, 09:31 AM   #80

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Well, Federer lost to Zverev in straight sets in the Men's Final & Svitolina beat Wozniacki in straight sets as well in the Women's Final.

The Federer lost is somewhat surprising to me because of the way he had been playing. The Wozniacki lost isn't as surprising. Zverev though is headed for a challenge to the #1 spot in the rankings. He is younger than Federer & has a really solid game of tennis.

He was officially ranked in the top 10 coming in but had a #4 seed because of players missing from the tourney. I think he was either #8th or #9th ranked coming in. This win just might place him into the top 5 rankings now.

He's certainly going higher than #5 in my opinion. #1 isn't out of the question for him now with Djokovic out for the rest of the year with the elbow injury.
Federer is also out with injury now too. Nadal is now gonna be #1 which I believe means Murray #2 and Zverev #3 or maybe 4?

I only got into Tennis because of the "big 4" on the mens side, and Serena/Sharapova on the womens side. Serena done for now, Sharapova with everything that's happened over past year +, Djokovic out with injury, Federer one day nearing end of his career, Nadal has his ups and downs. So hopefully once new players start taking over, they can be good too because on mens side this obviously was the "golden age".

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »