Home

Creative does good: The HHH/Ric Flair mini-program

This is a discussion on Creative does good: The HHH/Ric Flair mini-program within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2003, 11:44 PM   #1
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Creative does good: The HHH/Ric Flair mini-program

Just when you get down and blue about the doom and gloom over this company, creative actually does something "gasp"! good!

The Ric Flair-HHH RAW program tonight was very well done. The way that Flair reacted when HHH named Flair as his opponent was priceless. He looked bewildered yet honoured. The vignettes between Flair and H were very good. I especially liked it when Trips told Ric to lay down for him and Ric finally realized what Trips was doing.

The build to the match was very well done and they actually acknowledged history in the buildup with Flair cutting an awesome promo on Trips. It was Flair's 2nd best promo since he came back to WWE. (The first would have to be when he told HBK to look in the mirror and call it quits during the whole HBK-HHH feud)

The match was easily the best match of the night in terms of getting crowd reaction and while it wasn't the best match around I felt that it could've gone another 5 minutes at least. This match was only the 2nd match in the last few years that took me back to my "mark" days. The first being Rock-Hogan 1.

I just loved how JR was rooting for Flair and how the crowd was just eating up everything Flair did. It would've been nostalgic if Flair won the title. Even if it would be only for a week.

I must say that it's kinda sad that Flair overshadows the whole main event scene as the announcement of the expected HIAC between Trips and Nash met with very little reaction.

Overall I give props to the writing staff for at least doing something right but if Flair ends up still being all buddy buddy with Trips next week then all this good feeling will be flushed down the toilet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2003, 12:58 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Creative does good: The HHH/Ric Flair mini-program

Funny I thought the same thing when I watched that match. My friend called after it was over which shows that an actual raw main event created a little excitement once again. Props to the 90 year old Flair for still having one left in him.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:33 AM   #3
L*rd *f th* M*n*t**s

Cincinnati_Kid's Arena

OVR: 6

being the biggest FLAIR mark around here

i loved every moment of it

especially the emotion FLAIR showed while HBK was putting him over...................that all you young wrestling fans is a awesome talent

52 YEARS OLD and he has burried left n right...but when it comes down to the bottom line...he still one of there very few on the show that are truley over with the fans to such a degree..........

anyways i marked out..........big time

he even delivered the axe handle off the ropes (lol)

and the eye poke ,mule kick to hhh followed with a belt shot had me standing up......WHOOOOOOOAA

i knew he wasnt getting the win especially when he was getting in so much offense...but i still got caught up in it all

which has become rare lately outside of kurt angle matches

just one more time with that belt around his waist walking the aisle.......thats all i ask

LOL...come on vince...you did it for your boy hulk

now why not do something for the rest of us......he could lose it back a week later thats fine.......

heck you could even let nash beat him in a sqash...so that hhh doesnt have to job....we wouldnt care (the true flair fans) as long as we got number 17

whoooooa

all though i think a cooler idea would have been to really catch all the smart fans off guard ....let flair have won it last night

and then right when he came out a huge face after winning it

go right back to his heel ways of course....

and have a great promo to start off next weeks raw with austin telling him he would have to face....booker t

and give booker t.....the belt

let hhh and nash continue there lovefest (fued whatever)

and set the fans up for a booker t vs......hmmmmm

goldberg ? confrontation

or suddenly have nash & hhh fighting for the chance to get a shot at booker for the belt and complicate it a bit with flair wanting a rematch......HBK tossing his hat in as well....and maybe even say christian feeling because of his IC TITLE WIN he deserves a shot at BOOKER as well

make the title chase very intriguing going into the summer......

why not.....shake it up a bit.......

.................................................. ........

but hey what do i know that might actually attract fans.....just stick to your nash title reign.........

thats a proven winner
Old 05-21-2003, 11:52 AM   #4
Pr*

OVR: 5

Quote:

Cincinnati_Kid said:
and give booker t.....the belt
let hhh and nash continue there lovefest (fued whatever)
and set the fans up for a booker t vs......hmmmmm
goldberg ? confrontation
or suddenly have nash & hhh fighting for the chance to get a shot at booker for the belt and complicate it a bit with flair wanting a rematch......HBK tossing his hat in as well....and maybe even say christian feeling because of his IC TITLE WIN he deserves a shot at BOOKER as well
make the title chase very intriguing going into the summer......
why not.....shake it up a bit.......

I completely agree with you other than involving HBK and Christian. Having Goldberg, HHH and Nash feud for a shot at Booker T (and toss in Christian trying to get his hat in there but being squashed in non-title matches by each one of them...and maybe givethe IC title to Shawn prior to his long overdue re-retirement). Could be good stuff....let Booker have a 2 month long title reign before dropping it to Goldberg this summer.
Old 05-21-2003, 01:18 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 14

I dont mind Christian....it kinda looks like they are trying to turn him into the 'IC' Rock....with him being cocky, acting and talking like hes worth billions, and is the king of the world...i kinda like it....and he also didn't look all that bad with the belt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2003, 03:57 PM   #6
Pr*

OVR: 5

Quote:

MagicBucsWsoxFan said:
I dont mind Christian....it kinda looks like they are trying to turn him into the 'IC' Rock....with him being cocky, acting and talking like hes worth billions, and is the king of the world...i kinda like it....and he also didn't look all that bad with the belt.

But he is just the top of the mid-carders right now.....I like the change in gimmick for him but he is too much of a tweener to compete for the top slot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »