Home

Official: How's your WWE 12 Universe going?

This is a discussion on Official: How's your WWE 12 Universe going? within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #745
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Official: How's your WWE 12 Universe going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Just thought I'd ask a few questions so I can get more creativity out of my Universe. At times it feels like I'm running out of different ideas to do these two things:

How do you guys go about debuting new/returning superstars?

How do you guys go about starting feuds (assuming you don't follow what the CPU sets up)?
My debuting is always different. Two examples. It was the monday after the ppv before survivor series, and I debuted KOW (Hero and Cesaro), and Seth Rollins as kind of like an invasion or Nexus like angle and the payoff was those 3 vs. like Lesnar, Barrett, and Del Rio I think. It was 3 top guys that weren't champions, that was my traditional Survivor Series match. The other debut I had was that at Backlash Wade Barrett beat CM Punk (me) after Chris Hero interfered, so the next night on Raw I brought in Colt Cabana. So now the Second City Saints are fueding with the Kings.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #746
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Universe Update

• I actually played an episode of Smackdown, and unfortunately, wasn't near my computer to write about the matches. I'll give a run down here, however.
  • R-Truth got a beatdown from Mark Henry. These guys are really going at it, and its been a fun feud to watch.
  • Lesnar demolished Sheamus, and actually injured him. I'm going to give Sheamus some time off, and probably won't bring him back until I'm done using one of either the Rock/Lesnar/Edge/Stonecold. This way he can get a push without being mid-carded all the time.
  • Another Triple Threat Main Event. This time Undertaker, Orton and a mystery character. Ironically enough, it was Goldust again. This time he didn't get so lucky, as he got 2 RKO's and a Tombstone before having to be carted off. He's gone just as fast as he got here. Orton ended up Punting 'Taker for the win.
Monday Night Raw!

The Miz v John Cena: This was my first match trying out 0'ed out Recovery rating (I was getting furious with the wrestlers getting up so fast), and it seemed to work pretty well because the match was awesome. Miz put a finisher on Cena, but he kicked out after two. Cena proceeded to put Miz into an FU, but Miz weaseled out and put Cena in another finisher (which was awesome, because the transition between the reversal and finisher was seamless), where Cena couldn't kick out.

Rating: *** 1/2, Miz wins via pinfall

The Iron Senator (c) v McGullicutty (US Championship Match): The Iron Senator has actually held the belt longer than anyone but Christian, so I'd hate to see him lose it on an episode of Raw. I'm excited to see if McGullicutty can hand with him in the ring, but I don't see any kind of feud boiling anytime soon. Both guys are heels, and McGullicutty doesn't seem like a guy who can stay this high on the card. Let me be the one to say I was surprised as hell at how great of a match it turned out to be. Senator's specialty lies in the DDT, and there was a great moment where McGillicutty was sprinting right at him when he jumped into the air, grabbed MM by the neck, and DDT'd him so hard he bounced into the air. Blood was everywhere at this point (there was also a lot of time spent outside the ring), when McGillicutty miraculously kicked out at 2. Somehow, he caught Senator off guard and gave him a McGillicutter, and I swear, Senator must have kicked out with a hair left before the Ref hit 3. Senator got up, slammed McGillicutty's face into the Turnbuckle and hit him with his finishing Shock Drop (basically a High Suplex that goes into a pin) 1...2...3! Senator retains!

Rating: ****, Senator retains via pinfall.

Eve v Maryse (#1 contenders match): Typical divas match. Kelly Kelly interfered, hit Maryse with a K2, woke up the knock out ref and Eve got her victory.

Rating: * 1/2, Eve wins via pinfall

Triple H (c) v Del Rio (Hell in a Cell): How the heck am I supposed to turn down a CPU booked Hell in a Cell match? Even though I like to save stuff like this up for PPV's, this was too good of an opportunity to pass up. The match was insane, as was to be expected. An early Pedigree set the match up, but Del Rio kicked out at two. Eventually the match moved outside of the ring, where Del Rio through Triple H through the cell, where they both proceeded to climb up the cell. Del Rio pushed Triple H to the edge of the cell where he where he used his arm breaker before Triple H kicked him off and put Del Rio into a spinebuster where the two broke through the cage. In amazing fashion Triple H got up, put Del Rio between the legs, and gave a nasty pedigree that didn't help the bleeding. Game, set, match. How could Over the Limit possibly top this match?

Rating: **** 1/2, Trips wins via Pinfall.

Show Summary: I can't possibly let a terrible Diva's match ruin the awesomeness that was this Monday Night Raw. Holy cow, was this an awesome episode. The Cena/Miz feud is setting up nicely, it looks like Senator might have found a worthy foe, and Del Rio and Triple H continue to show why they're two of the best talents in WWE.

Rating: ****

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 02-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #747
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Universe Update
  • Iron Senator is going to have to defend his belt at Over the Limit in a Last Man Standing match. Can he retain yet again?
  • Christian/Ziggler/Edge will face off for the Intercontintal title in a steel cage. Will Christian retain?
  • Undertaker is going to take one last shot at Orton, but has announced that either way, he will be taking a break after the match. If Undertaker wins, there will be a 16 man King of the Ring style tournament that leads into the next PPV. If Orton retains, and 8 man tournament will take place.
  • The Demolition squad has to defend the belt for the first time in a month against mystery opponents. Who will step up and face the challenge?
  • Triple H takes on Del Rio for the WWE title belt. Will Del Rio ever get his revenge for Trips putting him in the hospital?
Over the Limit

The Iron Senator (c) v Michael Mcgillicutty (Last man Standing): What a battle! Tables were broken, Chair were snapped, and blood was most certainly lost. McGillicutty proved he had guts tonight at Over the Limit, that much is for sure. He suffered through Foley like torture, and got up time after time after time. He survived 2 broken tables, 5 chair shots, 3 finishers, and being whacked by the belt. He got up twice on 9 counts. The last of which, he reversed a finisher mid air, and put Senator into a McGillicutter that just about cost Senator his belt (8 count). The thing that did McGillicuty in was a top of the ropes DDT where it looked like his head could have fallen off. Senator sat depleted in the corner as he watched the count, retaining his title belt.

Rating: I'd say it went to long, but it was always intense, so ****, Senator retains via countout.

Demolition (c) v Kozlov & Santino: I can't say I'm surprised, but I can say I'm disappointed. After last months PPV, I assumed that was the last of Santino and Kozlov that I'd be seeing, but it looks like they're getting one more shot at the title belts. I've been hoping for someone to take Demolition down, because it kind of takes away from all the cool things I want to do in the Tag Division. Anyway, the match is a tornado ladder match, so thats exciting. I'll say it early on, because it would be extremely difficult for me to describe the match because of how chaotic it was, Demolition won. But it was worth it, because I saw some of the coolest things I've seen thus far in '12. 1) Demolition climbing to the top of the ladder, and jumping simultaniosly down on Kozlov/Santinos heads. 2) Santino in mid-air holding the belt, but cant bring it down and falls right onto Ax's shoulder where he gets power bombed (awesome) 3) Santino Suplexing Smash off of the ladder, out of the ring.

Rating: *** 1/2, Demolition retains

Christian (c) v Edge v Ziggler (Steel Cage Title Match): Going into this match, I couldn't possibly imagine all the creative things that could happen after this match. If Christian retains, Edge turns on Chrisitian. If Edge wins, Dolph becomes his #1 competitor. If Dolph wins, Edge and Christian can take on the Tag Division one last time. Let me tell you, I could not have planned the finish to this match any better. Lots of action went on inside the ring, including some Irish Whips into the cage, a Ziggler finisher as Christian pulled down Edge from the top of the cage (this was awesome), and Edge spearing Dolph into oblivion. As Dolph sat motionless, something awesome happened. As Edge and Christian started going at it, Dolph slipped away, making his way up the cage. But a spear from Edge on Christian left him out of the equation for the moment. As Edge raced up the cage, lagging a little behind Dolph, Christian groggily gets to his feet. Both of his opponents are near the top, and he knows he can't get both of them. So what does he do? He pulls down Dolph Ziggler, disabling both himself and Dolph from winning the match, and handing it over to Edge for the belt and the victory.

Rating: **** 1/2, Edge wins the belt

Maryse v Eve v Michelle McCool (c) (For Divas Belt): This match wasn't too bad. I've expressed dislike for Triple Threat matches before (its much better will recovery at 1), but this one seems to flow pretty smoothly. Eve hit Michelle McCool with a finisher, and Maryse hit Eve with her DDT and covered McCool for the win and the belt.

Rating: **, Maryse wins the Divas Championship via pinfall.

Undertaker v Orton (c) (For WHW Title Belt): These guys seem to produce outstanding matches every time they fight, so this was probably the match I was looking forward to the most. It all began with Undertaker putting a beat down on Orton, throwing punch after punch. However, after a reverse Tombstone, Orton punted Taker in the face and went in for the pin. 1...2...Kick Out! The match continued with both superstars being more aggressive than ever. As Orton sprinted toward Taker for an RKO, Undertaker locked a Chokeslam on him and threw him to the ground with authority. A hand slashed across his throat as Orton stumbled his way to the ropes, where Undertaker lifted him and put him in a monster Tombstone Piledriver. 1...2....3! Undertaker wins his belt back! Let the 16 man King of the Ring tournament ensue!

Rating: ***, Undertaker wins the WHW Title via a pin over Orton.

Triple H (c) v Alberto Del Rio (Iron Man for the WWE Title Belt): These guys have absolutely abused each other for months now. At the Royal Rumble a few months back, Triple H put Del Rio in the hospital after a ridiculous Last Man Standing match. Two nights ago, Triple H put Del Rio through a Cell, and then landed a pedigree on him. There was really no way I thought Del Rio could compete in this match, but I was interested to see how it was handled anyway. The match was a designated 15 minutes long, whoever got the most pinfalls or tapouts would win. I'll give a quick rundown of exactly how it happened.

Pin 1 (Del Rio, 11:25): Del Rio had been working the arm of Triple H and made him tap before Trips could reach the ropes.

Pin 2 (Del Rio, 5:10): Del Rio put Trips through a table, and pinned him.

Pin 3 (Triple H, 1:15): Triple H hit Del Rio with a pedigree onto a chair, then pinned him.

Pin 4 (Triple H, :03 seconds): This was awesome. Del Rio had Triple H locked up in a submission hold before Triple H slammed Del Rio onto his backed with about 15 seconds left. He picked him up, and Pedigreed him so hard that he bounced into the air, without about 8 seconds left. Trips went for the pin, 1...2...3!

Rating: ****, Triple H retains via a tie in pinfalls over Del Rio

PPV Summary: The streak of great PPV's continues as Over the Limit pushed the boundaries of things I'd seen in WWE '12. The only slight disappointment of the night came from Undertaker and Orton, but I think I'd seen about as much out of them two of them as humanly possible.

PPV Rating: ****

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

Last edited by BenGerman; 02-12-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #748
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

OVR: 2

I made my own original CAW. A masked wrestler named the Grim Reaper. Had to make his stomach more flat though because if he wins a belt it will be absorbed into his stomach. Also had to get rid of his entrance attire because of this.

Anyways put him on Smackdown (renamed WCW Nitro) and had fun injuring R-Truth and then Santino the following week. Really going to enjoy bringing him up the ranks until he is the World Champion.

CM Punk is the Undisputed Champion right now. Rock keeps winning #1 contenders matches and I keep beating Rock with CM Punk. Wondering how long this little feud will keep going. They aren't rivals yet. John Cena has sat at ringside to watch but never is even in the #1 contenders matches or anything. In fact the last #1 contenders match was the Rock vs Heath Slater... I changed it to Rock vs Kane.

The Undertaker decided to attack CM Punk when I retained the belt at Extreme Rules. Maybe this will set up a 3 way match between Punk, Rock, and Undertaker next month. If not I will have to make that match happen.

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Old 02-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #749
Rookie

LOOSECANNON's Arena

OVR: 1

Quick update...

- Smackdown -

Orton vs. Bryan. Rematch from last week; D-Bry pulled the upset then continued to beat down Orton with a chair. For whatever reason, I completely dominated Bryan and it wouldn't give me a signature. Nonetheless, finished him off with the DDT through the ropes. Winner: Orton gets some payback. No cutscene after last week. Weird.

Fatal 4-Way Non-title: Rhodes (I.C. Champ) vs. Barrett vs. E. Guerrero vs. Dreamer. Last week Dreamer debuted on TV for the first time and defeated Rhodes' oft partner Dibiase. Barrett's mystery partner Raven took matters into his own hands, so he's got a little angst against the Extreme faction. And Eddie returns to Smackdown with some new mexican strings ("Lie, Cheat & Steal" is reserved for the New Latino Heat) and Impala back 'n play!!! Highlights: Tons of them! Guerrero missed a monkey flip off the ropes, leading to a brawl with Cody outside...as while Dreamer his the DDT, Barrett's leg on the rope allowed him to nail Tommy with a sledgehammer for the pinfall. Winner: Barrett! No cutscene again...pretty frustrating. But I guess WWE is showing ECW they're not backing down into the PPV!

Main Event: ECW - Raven & Sandman vs. Ryder & Sheamus. After last week's beatdown from the mystery ring debut of Raven and the first ever Smackdown appearance of Sandman, pals Zack & Sheam get their rematch. Highlights: Lots of shady weapon use from ECW while the ref was either out or distracted. Finally the ref wakes up when Sandman double hand chokes Ryder on the concrete with Raven legdropping with the chair around the neck or Ryder. Deadly end, but still.... Winners by DQ: Sheamus & Ryder. I REALLY hate that there are no cutscenes after DQ's. If anything, there should ALWAYS be one during DQ's!!!

Definitely the worst Smackdown I ever had in terms of story progression...

- Impact -

Abyss vs. the nWo (for the hundreth time). Thing is, they keep getting new members, and now the latest is... no way... Dolph Ziggler!!! It's as if there's an unlimited amount of guys just gunning for Abyss. Joker's done one hell of a job recruiting and he's got Curt Hennig with himself also. Watching Ziggler play the "Hall" role in the nWo trio entrance actually looks natural. Highlights: total domination by the New World Order. Plenty of brutal double teaming throughout the match including a joker beatdown and DDT on the concrete from Zig. Suppose his inition concludes! Winners: nWo. Again, no cutscene.

Suppose the whole "just change participants but not customize freely" theory to get cutscenes is now proven false. MEHHHH.

Triple Threat Non-Title Triple: Drew McIntyre vs. Alex Shelley vs. Austin Aires (X-Champ). Similar to the UK matchup last night at Impact, Big Mac joints the heated X-Division to battle 2 of its stars. Highlights: WOWWWWWW Best match I've had since the TLC match at Against All Odds! I swear this was like a half-hour long. GREAT Match. I went through my whole repurtore with Shelley until I nailed a facebuster-like Shock on Aires after monkey flipping Mac out of the ring. Winner: Shelley. Cutscene: FINALLY! A stretcher arrives for Aires. Oh, no the X-Division champ goes on the shelf. This is my first injury in Universe. "The doctors have concluded recovery is hopeless. I wonder if this will be the end of his career." Can you say X-Division tournament!!!?!?!!?

Taz vs. Raven. With Taz claiming Impact as his newfound territory last week, turning on former ECW pal Raven, this grudge match made by Sting is here! Cutscene: Raven accidentally clotheslines the referee giving Taz the upperhand for most of the match, as Taz took it outside the ring and pummeled Raven with chairs before a frontlock submission. Winner: Taz.

Main Event: Mason Ryan vs. Crimson. Since we're in the UK for one last Impact ride before Hardcore Heaven, the rising Welsh star gets main event bill against rival and former tag-team champion Crimson. And without surprise, there's a mega-pop for one half of the Unified Champs, but before we get to that Crimson attacks Ryan on the ramp!!!! But Mason could never recover from the facebuster he received outside and a huge death valley drive ron the concrete. Just when Ryan got the momentum, a running powerslam was just enough for the victory. Winner: Crimson. Cutscene: Crimson gives Mason some payback with some choice stomps after the bell to the dismay of the Wembley crowd!!!

And, yes, the longest running CPU booked match ever is finally gone because I deleted Roode. Time to redownload him now
Old 02-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #750
Rookie

Nines's Arena

OVR: 3

Currently in my first year of my Universe and really enjoying it, as far it's all micro-managed.

Just had Orton sustain a career-threatening injury after getting beaten by Edge in an Extreme Rules match for the WHC on Smackdown. Could be a nice angle for if he eventually returns (not sure how injuries work in Universe mode).

Last edited by Nines; 02-10-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #751
Pro

OVR: 0

Chicago Mades' WWE 12' Universe Updates

**I restarted my universe because I wanted to do things differently than I had initially planned. So with that said here is what I have going on so far only in the second week of the first year of the Universe.**

I decided to make it one big roster, however Smackdown has the Intercontinental title, while Raw has the United States Title.

Undisputed Champion - CM Punk
United States Champion (Raw) - Jack Swagger
Intercontinental Champion (Smackdown) - Cody Rhodes
Divas Champion - Kelly Kelly
Tag Team Champion - Otunga & McGillicutty

~Smackdown Super Show~

Sheamus v. Christian

In what was a see saw battle with both men taking an upper hand on one another throughout the match. Sheamus would hit the Celtic Cross on Christian to get the 1-2-3.

Sheamus wins via Pinfall.

Otunga & McGillicutty v. SanYoshi (Santino Marella & Yoshi Tatsu)

The newly formed tag team of SanYoshi, started the match out pretty flat. With Otunga and McGillicutty working the match to perfection until Yoshi Tatsu came in like a house on fire destroying both competitors. Yoshi then tagged in Santino whom hit McGillicutty with the Cobra and scored the pinfall.

SanYoshi wins via Pinfall.

Kelly Kelly vs. Kharma

Kharma dominated Kelly Kelly in this match as to say to her that she should be the number 1 diva on the WWE roster. After the match however, Kharma helped Kelly Kelly up and shook her hand. (SOOOOOO NOT WHAT I WANTED FROM THIS)

Kharma wins via Pinfall.

?? vs. Mason Ryan

In what was the biggest shocker of the night Mason Ryan found out that his opponent for tonights matchup was non other than BILL GOLDBERG!!!!. Mason Ryan didn't back down not one single bit. Ryan went toe-to-toe with Goldberg using his strength to HIS advantage. Goldberg showed tons of ring rust, which would lead to a Mason Ryan win which may go down as the biggest upset since 1-2-3 Kid defeated Razor Ramon years ago.

Cutscene: Showed Bill Goldberg carted off

Mason Ryan wins via Pinfall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #752
Pro

OVR: 0

Undisputed WWE Championship - CM PUNK

#1 Contender Jack Swagger
#2 Contender Dolph Ziggler
#3 Contender Mason Ryan
#4 Contender Yoshi Tatsu (LOL)
5. Macho Man
6. John Cena
7. Santino Marella
8. Zack Ryder
9. Kevin Nash
10. Booker T

United States Championship - Jack Swagger

#1 Contender Dolph Ziggler
#2 Contender Kofi Kingston
#3 Contender Mason Ryan
#4 Contender Evan Bourne

Intercontinental Championship - Cody Rhodes

#1 Contender Booker T
#2 Contender Yoshi Tatsu
#3 Contender Big Show
#4 Contender Sheamus

Tag Team Titles - Otunga & McGillicutty

#1 Contender The Road Warriors
#2 Contender Demolition
#3 Contender SanYoshi
#4 Contender Air Boom

**Smackdown turned out to be a pretty decent show and Mason Ryan had a really big upset win and wound up putting the Debuting Bill Goldberg on the shelf for a while. Vaulting himself high up on the contender list for CM Punks title.**

Monday Night Raw

Dolph Ziggler vs. Edge

Ziggler would take control early, but a reversal and the match going to the outside would shift the momentum back towards Edge. As the match continued on Edge made a costly mistake which Dolph capitalized on but hitting the zig zag and escaping with the win.

Dolph Ziggler wins via Pinfall.

Ted DiBiase vs. Sin Cara

Match was going in favor of Sin Cara until Dibiase hit him with a Chop Block. He the began to work on Sin Cara knees which later led to a Dream Street and the win for Ted Dibiase.

Ted Dibiase wins via Pinfall

CM Punk vs. Alberto Del Rio w/ Ricardo Rodriguez

Match went on for what seemed like an eternity, Ricardo Rodriguez interfered at every gaping moment he could. Punk hit 4 GTS's and Del Rio had the arm bar locked in twice on punk but, as it turned out that 4th GTS was too much for Del Rio to endure in this match.

Cutscene saw Del Rio laid out and the Ref waving for help from the back.

CM Punk wins via Pinfall

Edit: Dr's are saying this could be the end of Del Rios career.

Todays Remarkable Matchup
Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler vs. Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel

**Figured Id just let this ish play out otherwise it'll only keep showing up**

Cutscene: Heath Slater would come out but Justin Gabriel was a no show for his partner.

Ross and Lawler would do a number on Slater, with Lawler making Slater tap via the Camel Clutch.

Ross & Lawler wins via Submission

Cutscene: Gabriel and Husky Harris come out and attack Lawler and Ross and give them a good beat down to end the show. Is the Nexus reforming.?

Last edited by Chicago Made; 02-10-2012 at 08:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »