Home

Smackdown Live 6/6/17: Raw was pretty good but Smackdown will undoubtedly be better

This is a discussion on Smackdown Live 6/6/17: Raw was pretty good but Smackdown will undoubtedly be better within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2017, 11:28 PM   #9

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Smackdown Live 6/6/17: Raw was pretty good but Smackdown will undoubtedly be bett

Fashion Files was best part of SD yet again. Adding New Day in it lol. And Breezango talking in their heads and New Day standing there having no idea what's going on lol.

Colons Cologne?
Colons Colon?
Colognes Cologne?
Colognes Colon?
Colons Cologne!

Breeze: I get it!
Breeze(in his head): I still don't get it.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:37 PM   #10
Pro

chronoxiong's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Smackdown Live 6/6/17: Raw was pretty good but Smackdown will undoubtedly be bett

This week's Smackdown was solid. Nice new looking MITB briefcase for the Women to chase after. Lana made her debut and the fans reacted to her hotness. I don't think I ever heard Tamina speak and this was the first time I heard her talk. The Fashion Police continue to be a highlight as well with their comedy. Even the New Day had a funny exchange with them. The Usos continue to be on fire since turning heel. Jinder Mahal got a win back against Mojo Rawley. Too bad the shows don't revolve around him but the Title does look good on his physique. And that Shinsuke/Owens match was good although not sure I like seeing these top guys lose often.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:40 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I just got around to watching this week's episode. I can't believe how over Lana is, probably more than anyone on the roster except AJ and Nakamura. It doesn't really make sense that she just gets a title shot when the storyline for the ladder match began with everyone being upset that Charlotte just shows up and gets a title shot. That's a pretty big match to make your 1 on 1 debut in, hopefully it goes well. Awesome ending to the AJ/Ziggler match, Usos continue to be great with their promos and Corbin was better than usual on commentary. I didn't expect Nakamura to win his match so easily
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2017, 12:12 PM   #12

Majingir's Arena

I think it's obvious why fans cheer Lana.......

But it's not like Shane just gave her a title match or anything. Naomi was the one who requested the match. If the champ wants a match, they get it.

And you have to have the champ competing at MITB. At least tease the MITB winner cashing in that night. Not that Naomi will lose, but could at least see the early pops the womens mitb holder will get on teased cash ins.

Speaking of which, I hope we don't see a cash in for months. Would feel like a waste hyping up this first womens mitb, just to have the briefcase go away after a few hours or weeks. Whoever wins should get to have a full push with the briefcase. Change their career like it did someone like Edge. Don't bury them for half the time they hold the briefcase like WWE has done a number of others.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:40 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't think it's as simple as fans cheer her because she's hot, there have been plenty of other hot women in WWE and they didn't get a reaction like her. She just knows how to react to the crowd, especially when they're chanting for her.

On an unrelated note, I'm strangely entertained by Ellsworth's DUH gimmick
Old 06-10-2017, 11:56 PM   #14

Majingir's Arena

But many others have sucked though. Can't wrestle or control a crowd. Lana can at least do one of those things(haven't ever seen her wrestle before, I skipped that WM match)
Old 06-11-2017, 11:59 AM   #15
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Finally getting around to watching Smackdown. Jinder is a freak of steroids. He says all natural....the back acne and poofy roid nipples say otherwise.

Like him as a transitional champ. He is just keeping the belt warm for Nakamura or AJ or KO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2017, 12:36 PM   #16

Majingir's Arena

Or Cena...... He is coming back on the 4th of July after all. Should we be surprised if it's Mr. USA coming to save the day?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »