Home

Fire Pro Wrestling World Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Fire Pro Wrestling World Impressions Thread within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2017, 03:53 PM   #41
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Fire Pro Wrestling World Impressions Thread

Great to hear that most everyone is having a great time with Fire Pro World! Warms my heart to see more people getting into the series. It really is a fantastic wrestling game.

I'm enjoying it, as well, and can't wait to see what they add to it. I've had some trouble moving over after playing Fire Pro Returns for 10 years straight, but I'm getting used to it.

As for those who are asking why people in the community like to simulate matches instead of play them, it really calls to the "Who would win?" debate that a lot of us have with our friends. You put two wrestlers in a match, let them go at it, and see who wins. I, personally, run a closed e-fed with original characters that I create, and I have no interest in controlling any of them. I book shows and just see what plays out and book on from there.

I'm making a Smoky Mountain Wrestling collection for anyone who's interested. All edits built from scratch complete with movesets and logic.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1078217151
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2017, 04:40 PM   #42
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Co-sign on the fun of simming matches. Simming is also a good way to test how your created wrestler performs
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:22 PM   #43
All Star

OVR: 2

Just bought the game and it's downloading now. I'll want the PS4 version when it comes out but I couldn't wait anymore to try this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-18-2017, 09:58 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 0

Akeem the African Dream vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

I saw this match in real life, this brings tears to my eyes making me feel young again.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:22 PM   #45
All Star

It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to make the match NOT cpu v cpu lol

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2017, 11:31 PM   #46
All Star

So I got through 7 or 8 of the tutorials and I'm starting to get hooked. At first the odd slow nature of how everything moves really turned me off but the more I got used to it the more I liked it. Creates a nice pace and it feels like I'm actually trying to use strategy.

Quick newb question but how do I start building my CAW rosters?

Oh and on move select. Does F stand for signature and S stands for finisher? Seems there's more F's than S's.

Old 07-19-2017, 01:40 AM   #47
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40

As I understand it, F is "favorite" moves, and S is maybe Super for finishers? I think favorite moves will be done more often by the AI but can't say for certain.

You'll wanna grab CAWs from the Steam Workshop. Press subscribe on their page when you find one you like, or you can follow one creator's entire selection I believe. Make sure you restart your game every time you add new CAWs. You'll notice they're in the RETIRED section when you check your game, and you have to move them either to SWA (the generic default federation) or create your own company and "stable" to insert them in to.

Last edited by philliesfan136; 07-19-2017 at 01:42 AM.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:09 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to make the match NOT cpu v cpu lol

Yeah, that is weird it defaults to CPU v CPU. I guess it goes with the whole, people like to watch sims, thing? I've seen people ask that question a lot on other forums, so you're not the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
So I got through 7 or 8 of the tutorials and I'm starting to get hooked. At first the odd slow nature of how everything moves really turned me off but the more I got used to it the more I liked it. Creates a nice pace and it feels like I'm actually trying to use strategy.
The more I play, the more I love it. I wasn't 100% sure at first either.

Quote:
Quick newb question but how do I start building my CAW rosters?
Like moving the guys you downloaded into the game to use? You have to create a team/stable and move from from Retire to the roster you created.

Quote:
Oh and on move select. Does F stand for signature and S stands for finisher? Seems there's more F's than S's.
I was having a problem with this as well. As one of the missions were win with your finisher, I kept doing moves with F beside them and was failing the mission. F means Favorite move, not Finisher. S moves are finishers.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports[/quote]

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »