Home

WWE Summerslam 8/20/17

This is a discussion on WWE Summerslam 8/20/17 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2017, 04:26 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5
WWE Summerslam 8/20/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
All WWE takes out of this is that Jinder retaining his title will get huge amount of boos. WWE hears their audience, but they don't listen to them.

Yeah I don't think I've watched an episode of either show since the shakeup. I just read about it and watch some YouTube clips and it doesn't sound like I've missed much. Last thing I remember watching was Joe/Lesnar and Reigns/Braun. I've been thoroughly entertained by those feuds but everything else seems meh. Even still, I'm not feeling the need to watch RAW.

AJ got dropped down a notch and it seems like Shinsuke has been underwhelming on SDL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-18-2017, 06:34 PM   #50
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: WWE Summerslam 8/20/17

Quote:
At SS I wanna see either:
Ambrose /Rollins win tag titles, help Reigns win universal title, Shield is back!
Or
Ambrose /Rollins lose title match, Ambrose turns heel, attacks Rollins.

Speaking of which, if they are the shield again, do they get the shield music or not since Reigns is using it.
Shield reunion would be pretty cool...not sure how much sense it would make but it would be fun nonetheless.

I think a Wyatt Family reunion would be pretty nice too. Bray with this version of Braun would be formidable plus it would get Harper and Rowan back on TV. Just have wreck everybody in the fall...The Shield, Balor Club, Cena.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa

Last edited by Rocky; 08-18-2017 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:40 PM   #51

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Shield reunion would be pretty cool...not sure how much sense it would make but it would be fun nonetheless.

I think a Wyatt Family reunion would be pretty nice too. Bray with this version of Braun would be formidable plus it would get Harper and Rowan back on TV. Just have wreck everybody in the fall...The Shield, Balor Club, Cena.
As much as I want a proper Wyatt Family back again, WWE has completely ruined everything about the Wyatt Family. Harper/Rowan never won tag titles, Bray never won a singles title, and by time he finally did, he lost it in a month or so and hasn't done anything good since.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 07:48 PM   #52
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

My Predictions: This PPV has TOO MANY MATCHES, TOO MANY MATCHES

Fatal 4 Way for Universal Title: Going with Reigns but I like to see them give the title to Braun and see his reaction when he isn't beating up Roman Reigns.

WWE Title: Without the Cash In, Nakamura wins but doesn't win the title. WWE will want fans talking about the Fatal 4 Way, therefore Jinder retains via DQ and Nakamura is Champion at the SD Live PPV in September.

US Title Match: Going with Styles to retain to finally end this feud so AJ can feud with someone else.

Demon King vs Eater of Pins: I like my chances of winning the lottery compared to Bray Wyatt's chances of winning a feud with someone. Balor easily.

RAW Women's Title: Sasha will win so she can turn heel on Bayley and reignite their NXT Rivalry.

SD Women's Title: Carmella walks away with the SD Women's Title.

SD Tag Team Title: New Day retain but the Usos have been so good I almost feel like they deserve a longer run with the titles.

Raw Tag Team Titles: In my predictions the Shield walk away with all the gold by the end of the night.

Cena vs Corbin: John Cena has not won at Summer Slam match since the disaster that was the Nexus burial. His last singles victory at Summer Slam was 10 years ago in 2007 against Randy Orton. A revengeful Corbin keeps the losing streak alive as Cena puts him over before heading to RAW.

Orton vs Rusev: Bathroom Break?

Big Show vs Big Cass: Cass wins, Enzo gets out only to get beat up so Cass can get hometown heat for beating up his former partner in Brooklyn.

The Miz and Miztourage vs Hardys/Jason Jordan: I'm guessing Hardys and Jordan.

Cruiserweight Title: This show is going to be 5 hours long isn't it? Tozawa retains, hopefully they find a way to move Neville into a upper mid card feud and out of the Cruiserweight Division.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:24 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
At SS I wanna see either:
Ambrose /Rollins win tag titles, help Reigns win universal title, Shield is back!
Or
Ambrose /Rollins lose title match, Ambrose turns heel, attacks Rollins.

Speaking of which, if they are the shield again, do they get the shield music or not since Reigns is using it.
Watch them have Rollins turn on Ambrose again and make Ambrose look like the dumbest guy in the world, kind of like what WCW did with Sting and Flair when Flair turned on him and reformed the horsemen
Old 08-19-2017, 03:25 AM   #54
Pro

chronoxiong's Arena

OVR: 2

Summerslam "Do I really want to waste 6 hours of my life" extravanganza predictions:

2 hour Pre-Show teaser
-Jason Jordan & Hardy Boyz
-New Day
-Akira Tozawa

4 hour overkill
-Randy Orton
-Big Cass
-Finn Balor
-Naomi retains Title but gets attacked afterwards allowing Carmella to cash in to become new Champ.
-Baron Corbin (but won't be surprised if Cena wins and buries him)
-Sasha Banks
-Rollins and Ambrose
-AJ Styles
-Shinsuke Nakamura (an Asian WWE Champion? Will it happen?)
-Braun Stroman
Old 08-19-2017, 07:53 AM   #55

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Of the entire card, I'm skipping Cena-Corbin, Cass-show, most of Orton-Rusev,. Should get this ppv done in under 3hrs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2017, 08:36 PM   #56

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Watch them have Rollins turn on Ambrose again and make Ambrose look like the dumbest guy in the world, kind of like what WCW did with Sting and Flair when Flair turned on him and reformed the horsemen

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »