Home

WWE 2K14 Universe Mode Thread- How's Your's Going

This is a discussion on WWE 2K14 Universe Mode Thread- How's Your's Going within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #161
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: WWE 2K14 Universe Mode Thread- How's Your's Going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Did u check out the thread about editing the rankings in universe to fix most of those problems.
the one that says only put 15 to 25 on each show? if so yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #162
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I've had mixed experiences with the Rivalry manager. My US Title and Tag Title feuds were both okay. My first 3 singles feuds weren't all that great (and one other completely disappeared). John Cena and Edge faced each other a ton, and then their match at Extreme Rules didn't have a stipulation. JBL and Goldberg had faced each other in two Extreme Rules matches before ending their feud with a Falls Count Anywhere match. The Extreme Rules matches on Raw/Smackdown are a little overdone.

Overall, I'm still enjoying Universe. It's much more fun than last year. I think the roster helps. I liked the Attitude era guys, but I'm much happier having a more contemporary HBK, Batista, Mick Foley, etc. I do with that for a lot of the unlockable guys they had a mini-tron besides the Wrestlemania XXX Logo. Especially guys like JBL or Stone Cold, who have been on TV since they went to that style of stage and have their own logos on the trons.

Last edited by DonkeyJote; 11-11-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #163
MVP

Ice_Cold345's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
I've had mixed experiences with the Rivalry manager. My US Title and Tag Title feuds were both okay. My first 3 singles feuds weren't all that great (and one other completely disappeared). John Cena and Edge faced each other a ton, and then their match at Extreme Rules didn't have a stipulation. JBL and Goldberg had faced each other in two Extreme Rules matches before ending their feud with a Falls Count Anywhere match. The Extreme Rules matches on Raw/Smackdown are a little overdone.

Overall, I'm still enjoying Universe. It's much more fun than last year. I think the roster helps. I liked the Attitude era guys, but I'm much happier having a more contemporary HBK, Batista, Mick Foley, etc. I do with that for a lot of the unlockable guys they had a mini-tron besides the Wrestlemania XXX Logo. Especially guys like JBL or Stone Cold, who have been on TV since they went to that style of stage and have their own logos on the trons.
Yeah, it's really annoying to see a feud start in an Extreme Rules match to only end in a normal match. It doesn't make much sense at all. Oh well, until we get promos,(NBA 2K with it's Real Voice thing as an example in having some promo like thing) feuds are just going to be really odd, since feuds like Taker/Punk or Punk/Lesnar never had a match until the upcoming PPV, but they would interact in promos.

I would love to see Real Voice come over to the WWE 2K series, but the promos might have to be generic in getting the guys to speak, unless it's big time feuds, like say Punk/Cena, Orton/Bryan, etc. Those would have specific promos that one would say the others name, but if you want to push Heath Slater to the WWE Title, you might need generic promos, since he's not a popular guy and coding for every possible feud would be insane.
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers
NASCAR: Ryan Newman

One day, Purdue Men's Basketball and Football will become relevant again.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #164
MVP

nate1986's Arena

OVR: 2

I had a match with Adrian Neville and Tyler Breeze I went for Neville's red arrow, and Breeze Kipped up and blasted Neville with trouble in paradise catch finisher in which Breeze won
Old 11-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #165
Rookie

OVR: 0

PS3- custom logos seem to alway disappear off calendar. Also the dl custom logo never save. Anybody know how to fix this problem? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #166
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

So I just wanted to update everyone (for those that care) about my Marvel vs DC 2K14 universe. The final roster is set. I have 33 characters on the show, with 4 of them not actually wrestling.

Here's the complete roster:
Spoiler

Commissioner Gordon will act as the Commissioner of the Federation. Penguin, Mad Hatter and Kingpin will act as managers, though Kingpin may get involved in some fights every now and then.

There will be one major show and one minor show so I can keep the rosters integrated. The major show is Monday Night Throwdown, which will be held at a custom Marvel arena. The minor show is Thursday Thunder, which will be held at a custom DC arena.

Like I mentioned before, I'm going to use Story mode + Universe and make it an episodic YouTube universe. I'll probably do solo commentary and try to leave my Boston accent out of it (but I doubt it).

I've finished every move-set and I'm almost done with every entrance. The last piece of real work is doing some (not all) custom themes and then I'll be good to go.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #167
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyed
Was this done in a cut scene or your imagination? I run a CAW only Universe and it is the same darn thing as last year. My Universe is boring going into month 3.
Clearly it was a cut scene.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #168
All Star

OVR: 2

Just finished the Wrestlemania mode so I'll be starting my Universe soon. Thinking of doing 2 major shows Raw and Nitro and a minor show for each with each show having a PPV each month. Downloaded a couple Nitro arenas which are pretty good efforts but man I wish they had left the arena from last year in.

Downloaded the nWo pack to use in my WCW universe but since you can only have 5 guys in a faction I'm trying to figure out which ones to use and which to leave out. Unless anyone has found a work around for having a faction larger than 5?

I'll post rosters and all that good stuff soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »