Home

WWE 2K14 Attributes Thread

This is a discussion on WWE 2K14 Attributes Thread within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: WWE 2K14 Attributes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorkingchamp
The in game manual lists what each attribute does.
The only problem is the in-game manual is still pretty vague. It says the SPD attribute affects the wrestlers movement. The ONLY thing I've noticed when testing a 75 SPD vs a 1 SPD wrestler, is the walking speed. The 75 walks slightly faster and that's it. I think the attributes work better this year, but there still isn't that separation that we need.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #26
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorkingchamp
The in game manual lists what each attribute does.
Ah - bought it on PSN, so I wouldn't know. Unless it's been in there for years and I just never read the manual.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
The speed attribute by definition determines how fast the movement of a wrestler is. I believe it slows down how fast they are able to pull off moves. Example would be a faster wrestler would be able to get into a grapple a lot faster than a slower one if they were to try lock up at the same time. Don't know if that is 100% correct but that's what I am thinking.

I haven't applied the changes it the defense yet because I wanted longer matches. So far I am seeing what I want. I do have reversal damage ON and last year I had it OFF. Have not tried it off yet.
I'm thinking of applying your method, but spacing out the "jobbers" from the mid-carders. Cena did beat Ryder in 5 straight matches, but wow did Ryder counter A LOT! He also cut Cena open, which means he was on the attack a lot.

Test the SPD out...not sure how, but when I did it, I tested how fast the wrestlers could run from one end to the other. All attributes the same except speed. I didn't notice any difference in running, but walking there was a slight difference.

As far as SPD affecting movement, I'm still waiting to see that difference.

I might also try and lower all AI and General Sliders to 1 (CPU vs CPU) and see if the wrestlers attributes play more a role.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Ah - bought it on PSN, so I wouldn't know. Unless it's been in there for years and I just never read the manual.
It's there. It's in one of the menu options.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:10 PM   #29
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Is your game from Europe?
Nope, why?
Old 10-31-2013, 10:02 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

I did a pretty similar overhaul last year but I haven't gone into it yet this time. I'll give your system a try in a couple of weeks (going on vacation). Hopefully, when I get back, you'll have gotten some good feedback and have dialing things in even better.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:44 AM   #31
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I am planning on doing the same style of wrestler re-rates which I performed last year with WWE 13.

There may be one or two of you who remember what I did, but for those who don't: I basically abandoned the default ratings entirely and re-rated every wrestler by assigning him what I felt were the defining traits of the style of his in-ring character. Each trait then corresponded to a particular set of attribute increases, which were applied to base ratings generated from weight class to generate new attributes for each wrestler. The idea was to spread the ratings and make the differences between the wrestlers in the game more pronounced; the median rating for any given category was around 75, with values ranging from 95 (self-imposed cap) to the low 20s in some extreme cases.

If anyone is interested, I can happily share that again once I've got it in a state I'm happy with (and with more explanation as to how it works, as well; I sort of posted it and forgot about it last year as I didn't spend much time with last year's game, and unfortunately left a few curious people in the cold; sorry about that!).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #32
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

I'd be interested, CM Hooe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »