Home

WWE 2K18 wishlist

This is a discussion on WWE 2K18 wishlist within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2016, 07:44 PM   #1
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
WWE 2K18 wishlist

Here's some ideas to help improve on this game. This is already a nice improvement over last year. I mainly play Universe mode so please note that is where my wishlist will focus.

1. Bring back create a storyline but this time include it into Universe mode. This will help unleash more creativity in our Universes. We can even share stories as well.

2. More championships per show. With the Cruiserweights on Raw now, they have more championships than I am allowed to include on the show. The cap for titles needs to be increased. Also, if I don't want a Woman's title on one show or tag titles, allow me to sub them out for something else.

3. Stop the stupid limit to downloads in a day. If I want to fill up my whole downloaded lineup in one day, I should be able to do so. The limits for one day is just stupid and unneeded and unwanted.

4. Figure out how to allow us to put our music in with custom creations again. This is really hurting some of the CAWs. It is better when I can include their actual music. MLB the Show figured it out (maybe because they are made by Sony, but hopefully it is a fix anyone can use.) We need these customs to return.

5. We really need a ratings system for the shows. May use work to have matches get higher ratings so we can out do the other shows that are competing with us. Raw and Smackdown are "competing with one another now. Put that in the game with show ratings that are determined by match rankings.

6. Bring back GM mode. This goes with the above. With the rankings, make GMs matter in a mode as well. Or for Universe, allow us to create GMs and watch them battle the ratings war. I wouldn't be against competing shows being allowed on the same night but that might be a bit more than they can do.

7. Keep expanding the roster. Keep the roster growing. Add more legends, more NXT and don't drop anything we get this year.

8. Injuries that can end a rivalry but then be renewed when injured star returns. Adds to the drama.

That's it for now but I'm sure as I play it more I'll add more.

Last edited by thescoop; 06-06-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 09:50 PM   #2
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: WWE 2K18 wishlist

Separate entrances for alternate attires.

Custom music

GM mode back (which they probably will since it's now back in the WWE).

Agree with the download limit. It's pointless.

The one thing I disagree with you on are legends. Give me more current superstars. I'm buying WWE 2k18, not WWE 2k3. I know I'm in the minority but I don't like so many taking up roster spots. I don't think I've ever used an older wrestler in any year of the game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2016, 10:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

The one thing I want to see more than anything else is an entirely new commentary system created from the ground up, complete with GENERIC ANNOUNCERS.

I've given it a lot of thought and have come to the conclusion that I'd rather hear random announcers give timely commentary than listen to Cole, JBL and Lawler's recycled and outdated analysis and play by play. I understand that hearing those guys call a match adds to the immersion, but for me that feeling is ruined just as quickly once they start repeating lines or making outdated references.

A new broadcast team would go a long way toward helping keep the game fresh, especially if 2K made a commitment to use talent that was passionate about the project. Look at the difference a new commentary team made on Madden 17. And 2K's own NBA 2K series has arguably the best commentary in sports gaming, period.

I truly believe that 2K could produce similar results within a WWE game if given unlimited access to the actual WWE broadcast team, but the WWE schedule makes that an impossibility. Turning those resources toward recording commentary with a new team that could dedicate the time and energy needed to produce quality work in the booth just makes sense. Plus, using random voice talent could allow for content updates a la Madden 17.

I'd love to know what you guys think. Am I the only one ready to embrace a drastic change to the WWE 2K commentary team?
Old 10-16-2016, 10:55 PM   #4
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrider99
The one thing I want to see more than anything else is an entirely new commentary system created from the ground up, complete with GENERIC ANNOUNCERS.

I've given it a lot of thought and have come to the conclusion that I'd rather hear random announcers give timely commentary than listen to Cole, JBL and Lawler's recycled and outdated analysis and play by play. I understand that hearing those guys call a match adds to the immersion, but for me that feeling is ruined just as quickly once they start repeating lines or making outdated references.

A new broadcast team would go a long way toward helping keep the game fresh, especially if 2K made a commitment to use talent that was passionate about the project. Look at the difference a new commentary team made on Madden 17. And 2K's own NBA 2K series has arguably the best commentary in sports gaming, period.

I truly believe that 2K could produce similar results within a WWE game if given unlimited access to the actual WWE broadcast team, but the WWE schedule makes that an impossibility. Turning those resources toward recording commentary with a new team that could dedicate the time and energy needed to produce quality work in the booth just makes sense. Plus, using random voice talent could allow for content updates a la Madden 17.

I'd love to know what you guys think. Am I the only one ready to embrace a drastic change to the WWE 2K commentary team?
No you are not. We need more commentators, especially Mauro and Corey graves. The game needs the separate announce teams. Maybe they can pull audio from real life broadcasts and insert them? Sort of like how NBA 2k does for player amd coach interviews

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2016, 03:09 AM   #5
Rookie

kisstopher5's Arena

OVR: 0

1) GM Mode, but I completely feel as if it'll be the main feature in 2K18 with the Brand Split going on right now. They'll make that their selling point next year I'd bet.

2) Commentary has been the game's weak point since arriving on 2K. With NBA 2K launching the multiple announcers, I can see that making it's way to WWE 2K18. I expect to see a RAW, SD, and NXT commentary team for next year's game. Hopefully a switch with ring announcers as well.

3) DLC needs a massive overhaul. Legends, Arenas, and possibly even a game mode is what should be a wrestling game's DLC. Not current superstars. Image NBA 2K giving you LeBron, Curry, Durant, but then telling you to order the DLC if you want the 2016 rookie class. Never would happen. I'd have no problem paying extra for certain legends because that's a perk, but having to pay extra for Nakamura, The Club, and others who are current Champions/#1 Contenders? I hate it.

4) Hoping to be able to download custom videos next year. It was just added back this year, but was still a little surprised to see you couldn't DL them from the CC. Loved back on the THQ games downloading a great CAW then downloading a custom entrance video to go with it.

I think 2K is on the right track with everything else. Maybe it's just the incredible roster this year, but actually playing matches has been a blast so far. The DL limit is to better control the servers, although 2K16 was the worse I've dealt with since WWE '13. Custom Soundtracks is a Sony thing I've read, but the Spotify feature is a neat workaround and the game's volume mixes very well with the background music.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 04:52 AM   #6
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0

1) GM/Brand Slpit mode is a given, and I totally expect 2k to make one.

2) For the love of god, let us have more than 3 rivalries per show! It's ridiculous and unrealistic. Either do that or make it so not only rivalry matches will have cutscenes (like in 2k15)

3) Bring back story mode, or let us choose the rivalry story like in 2k15.

4) Start to record some wrestlers doing promos, it feels so weird when it's only a text box. It's also stupid that Renee Young isn't talking as well, as she has the same lines as last year. Same with the MyCareer character, just like last year had a voice in interviews, have a voice in promos. Hopefully record more than one voice.

5) Either recapture, delete (OBSOLETE), or whatever all, and I mean ALL, the old animations in the movesets. It's breaking the immersion when one second you see a great animation like the tired Sweet Chin Music (which I will argue to be the best animation in any WWE game), then have something captured in HCTP or even SVR. We don't need 70 gazillion spinebusters and clotheslines that half of them look horrible.

6) Commentary, I won't write much as I believe everyone are gonna talk in length about it, but I will give away one idea: in NBA 2k, you have pre, half time, and post match shows with Ernie, Shaq and Kenny. How about do that, only with Reneee Young, Lita, Booker T and Lawler? Maybe only in PPVs, as you will get tired of these I think, but it would add up so much for the shows. And have them talk fluidly like in NBA (time and time again Shaq is making me laugh, although there are too many repeating segments). Maybe have Talking Smack and whatever Raw has after the show, and maybe even a "commercials break" you can add where you'd have promos.

7) My biggest annoyance with the game - bugs. Oh good there are so many bugs and glitches. Some of which I want to be taken out, eaten, and when they come out, burned (like when Triple H activates his Levetate ability), some of which I hope will stay forever (like the hilarious mess that is elimination chamber in universe mode, although a lot will disagree with me). I don't know how you'll do that 2k, but if you want to be called a simulation, you have to.

8) Weekly/Monthly Stat Changes - this will go along removing the p*** take that is the accelerator pack (which I believe makes them do dumb ratings on purpose). Now I won't be going all out saying "update EVERYTHING that changes, like if Breezango have a new t shirt, but doing a "power rankings" sort of thing should be in the game. NBA 2k has weekly or even daily stat updates (not sure about 2k17, don't have it), why not WWE? Say AJ wins the title, give him some better stats. Say Cena does a double AA, boost his strength a bit. Also include title changes, heel/face turns etc.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

#1 Commentary
#2 create-a-sign. I think you should be able to create a sign for the crowd to hold up in my career.
3. Would like to see people in the crowd wearing your custom shirt in mycareer.
#4 up to date motion capped entrances. Some of the biggest names have sided/off entrances that you can tell were not performed by the wrestler AKA AJ styles, Baylee...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2016, 11:45 PM   #8
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

Choose winner

With the push to more of a wrestling sim I would like to have the option to choose who wins maybe even choosing win by any move, signature, finisher like the WWE does.
From there you put on the match like it is now and building on the match rating system you try to entertain the fans with lots of variety. This allows you to push the rivalries properly since the right wrestler wins as well as the contender rankings making more sense.
At the very least we should be able to choose winners when simming. It's not like regular sports, randomness can mess up your universe in a bad way.
And the new Universal Champion is Fandango!...what? I said the new Universal Champion is Fandango!..what? I said that dancing guy is the Champion of the Universe!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »