Home

WWE 2k17 Discussion about Edits to Improve Gameplay(Ratings,Abilities,Skills & More)

This is a discussion on WWE 2k17 Discussion about Edits to Improve Gameplay(Ratings,Abilities,Skills & More) within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2017, 08:55 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: WWE 2k17 Discussion about Edits to Improve Gameplay(Ratings,Abilities,Skills & Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Warrior
My thoughts:

-I turn finisher power way up so that only top guys can kick out of finishers.

-Limit who you give abilities like resilience and comeback to. Only top guys, world champion type guys should have those abilities.

-Most guys should have lower strike power and grapple power. Bottom guys should have much lower toughness/durability ratings.

-I turn off on-screen indicators (except for finishers). Just helps the immersion for me not to have stuff on the screen. And I like not knowing how much spirit my opponent has built up.
All great ideas. I think the hardest thing about Ratings for this game compared to any other Rating is that no matter how great a Superstars ability, if the booking team chooses to bury them they are screwed. I try to always go with thier ability even if they are not on a winning streak in real life. For me it makes the game alot more interesting.

For example when Lesnar lost to Goldberg in under 2 minutes, to replicate that on this game you would really have to screw Brock ratings up.

I try to throw bias or real life pushes out the window when I edit and go solely by performance that I have seen and know the superstar is capable of with the proper push.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

Last edited by vtcrb; 04-08-2017 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:01 PM   #10
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: WWE 2k17 Discussion about Edits to Improve Gameplay(Ratings,Abilities,Skills & Mo

Yeah the abilities thing is really important.

The main thing worth testing is finding a sweet spot with the finisher strength slider & resiliency levels.

Thinking with the mindset of vctrb; How would Daniel Bryan or Sami Zayn fair in-ring irl with Lesnar? The match would be very similar to punk/lesnar summerslam '13.

In game I think it would be about how we can give Bryan/Zayn the tools to just survive long enough too use their strengths. While it makes sense for Lesnar to build his meter faster and thus be the first to a finisher, it means nothing if they cant atleast kick out the first finisher or if lesnar(stamina wise) begins to hurt the longer the match goes and pulling off big moves. Finishers are also points where the underdog can get a big reversal in and mitigate the damage taken by stealing it directly from the opponent.

I have only begun testing but I am already more keen on giving abilities to guys based on match to match quality rather than just saying across the board they are good/great/proficient at this one skill. Zayn can be a lvl 2 resiliency against Owens but against lesnar he is a lvl 1 for example.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:50 PM   #11
Pro

Runne130's Arena

OVR: 9

I made small adjustments recently I maxed out Brock Roman cena and aj durability ratings to the max and res. 3 and worked my way down on the rest of the rosters
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »