Home
News Post

We have just posted a screenshot of the Next Gen version of Fight Night.

"Making its world-wide debut today at the Sony press conference in Los Angeles, the next iteration in the hit EA SPORTS™ Fight Night series packs a fearsome punch of next-gen power. The screenshot released today demonstrates the photo-realism and bone-crunching intensity of the series. Stay tuned for more details in the coming months."
http://www.operationsports.com/image...htnextgen1.jpg

http://www.operationsports.com/image...htnextgen2.jpg (Hi-Res)

Member Comments
# 1 KDRIZZLE2K4 @ 05/16/05 10:18 PM
Thats good, but it aint touching NBA 2K6

# 2 Pared @ 05/16/05 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRIZZLE2K4
Thats good, but it aint touching NBA 2K6
Smoking is no good for you, kids.

This game will be AMAZING. NBA 2k6 shouldn't even be compared, as you're talking about 10 players on the court, compared to 2 in boxing.

This game, graphically, will be INCREDIBLE.... WOW....

# 3 BTB @ 05/16/05 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Smoking is no good for you, kids.

This game will be AMAZING. NBA 2k6 shouldn't even be compared, as you're talking about 10 players on the court, compared to 2 in boxing.

This game, graphically, will be INCREDIBLE.... WOW....

that's not necessarily true... look at the boxing games of today vs. nba 2k5, not that big of a difference if there is one at all

# 4 Pared @ 05/16/05 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTownBrawler
that's not necessarily true... look at the boxing games of today vs. nba 2k5, not that big of a difference if there is one at all
Good point, but we have plenty of indication (up to now, at least) that we shouldn't expect NBA 2k6 to maintain that quality w/ 10 people.

We shall see, but don't be surprised when it happens...

# 5 Nutzzz414 @ 05/16/05 10:49 PM
Hey Fellas, The screenshot is great, but it does not do it justice. You can stream the video they are playing on gamespot. OH MY GOD!!!!! this is ACTUAL video footage. OH MY GOD!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!

# 6 Nutzzz414 @ 05/16/05 11:17 PM

# 7 Money99 @ 05/17/05 09:12 AM
Big deal. Sure the graphics look amazing but if this game is going to have the same terrible gameplay and weak, weak career mode (the training mode is horrendous) then all the pretty bells and whistles won't be worth a thing.

It's amazing to me that a game like VB2 can be on the market for so long and yet EA still can't come close to touching it.

# 8 Pared @ 05/17/05 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Big deal. Sure the graphics look amazing but if this game is going to have the same terrible gameplay and weak, weak career mode (the training mode is horrendous) then all the pretty bells and whistles won't be worth a thing.

It's amazing to me that a game like VB2 can be on the market for so long and yet EA still can't come close to touching it.
Terrible gameplay? Talk about being off, eh?

If they just fix up the AI so it becomes strategic at times as opposed to a slugfest every match, you have yourself a winner.

# 9 luv_mist @ 05/17/05 09:33 AM
It looks pretty okay. I like the ripple affect. I liked how Round 2 looked too when it first came out. It really didn't have that realistic feel in the end. Honestly, it does look good but it could always be improved. I do like the ripple from the punches and the graphics. It's still eye candy and it's still in development. It comes out next year right? The screenshots are no justice. They should have put in a boxer who was known to just show what they looked like. That would have made the game screenshots look better. PS3 has more games than I thought. That Tekken looks hot. Killzone is attractive. That Ninja game is off the chain too. Gran Turismo is just not that interesting now though. Looks like the same thing I saw when 4 came out. They do have a lot of games coming out. The cost of this systems is definitely a wonder in my mind. Still, I wonder which system will be the standard for making those games.

# 10 Money99 @ 05/17/05 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Terrible gameplay? Talk about being off, eh?

If they just fix up the AI so it becomes strategic at times as opposed to a slugfest every match, you have yourself a winner.
Sorry, but when you can walk around the ring with one arm cocked waiting to lay down a haymaker (while still being hit) it's not realistic. Also, if someone were to throw 100 haymakers in a round they'd die from exhaustion. And I don't believe I've ever seen a fight where a guy will go down 25 times and it wasn't called or the guy continued to get up.
This game is much closer to Ready 2 Rumble than it is to a boxing simulation. No amount of great graphics will help that.

Victorious Boxers 1 is more realistic and that game is 5 years old.

# 11 Pared @ 05/17/05 11:30 AM
Quote:
Sorry, but when you can walk around the ring with one arm cocked waiting to lay down a haymaker (while still being hit) it's not realistic. Also, if someone were to throw 100 haymakers in a round they'd die from exhaustion. And I don't believe I've ever seen a fight where a guy will go down 25 times and it wasn't called or the guy continued to get up.
This game is much closer to Ready 2 Rumble than it is to a boxing simulation. No amount of great graphics will help that.

I'll give you the haymakers point, but you're completely exaggerating with the knockdowns.

# 12 fistofrage @ 05/17/05 12:11 PM
Quote:

Um, I loaded the VB2 videos because I was going to order it and a flip top and if you call that realistic, you're crazy. The boxers ran behind the other boxer and rabbit punched him in the back of the head repeatedly. Their arms styretched out to look like plastic man and the tumbled back across the ring when hit. I cancelled the order. Everything up to getting in the ring looks realistic like the training, diet, etc, but the boxing engine looks terrible. There are also no stoppages in VB2.

We all know that FN needs some work, but I guarantee VB style is not the answer.

I can only hope that EA is reading all its suggestions and will make FN rd3 a real winner. I think they are close, but you'll never get a true sim. The masses aren't going to tolerate 3 minute rounds with 30 punches thrown and in some case only 3 or 4 landed per round. People now days just don't have the attention span for that. They'd rather watch contender style edited fights than a 12 round championship bout in full. I'm talking about the masses, not the true boxing enthusiasts. Unfortunately, the true boxing enthusiasts probably make up less than 10% of the video boxing game market so we'll have to be happy if EA makes something close to a sim and I think they can with their current engine and a few sliders thrown in.

# 13 Money99 @ 05/17/05 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Um, I loaded the VB2 videos because I was going to order it and a flip top and if you call that realistic, you're crazy. The boxers ran behind the other boxer and rabbit punched him in the back of the head repeatedly. Their arms styretched out to look like plastic man and the tumbled back across the ring when hit. I cancelled the order. Everything up to getting in the ring looks realistic like the training, diet, etc, but the boxing engine looks terrible. There are also no stoppages in VB2.

We all know that FN needs some work, but I guarantee VB style is not the answer.

I can only hope that EA is reading all its suggestions and will make FN rd3 a real winner. I think they are close, but you'll never get a true sim. The masses aren't going to tolerate 3 minute rounds with 30 punches thrown and in some case only 3 or 4 landed per round. People now days just don't have the attention span for that. They'd rather watch contender style edited fights than a 12 round championship bout in full. I'm talking about the masses, not the true boxing enthusiasts. Unfortunately, the true boxing enthusiasts probably make up less than 10% of the video boxing game market so we'll have to be happy if EA makes something close to a sim and I think they can with their current engine and a few sliders thrown in.
Please do not judge VB2 on it's looks. I'll be the first to admit it's not realistic looking. However, by your post I made the assumption you never played it. This is a huge mistake. Trust me when I say that when you play it you'll never look at Fight Night ever again. Please give it a try and you'll be back here praising the game.

And to the other post about exagerrating the over abundance of knockdowns you're right when you said I was stretching the truth. However not by much. I've had an opponent on the mat 18 times before he finally stayed down. And flooring a guy 5-12 times is not uncommon on the harder levels.
Fight Night is to boxing what FIFA is to soccer. I'm waiting for the Winning Eleven of boxing. And for those that have played VB2 it's pretty close.

# 14 fistofrage @ 05/17/05 01:03 PM
Quote:
Please do not judge VB2 on it's looks. I'll be the first to admit it's not realistic looking. However, by your post I made the assumption you never played it. This is a huge mistake. Trust me when I say that when you play it you'll never look at Fight Night ever again. Please give it a try and you'll be back here praising the game.

And to the other post about exagerrating the over abundance of knockdowns you're right when you said I was stretching the truth. However not by much. I've had an opponent on the mat 18 times before he finally stayed down. And flooring a guy 5-12 times is not uncommon on the harder levels.
Fight Night is to boxing what FIFA is to soccer. I'm waiting for the Winning Eleven of boxing. And for those that have played VB2 it's pretty close.
Do you play FN on X-Box or PS2? I play on PS2 and have never had that many knockdowns. Sometimes it may take 5 knock downs to win a fight, but it is rare. Alot of my fights later in the career go until the late rounds before a KD is even scored and then its a KO after 1 or 2 kD's...I have had some championship bouts go all 12 rounds without a KD on the hardest level. For me, an accelerated clock would help cut down the KO's and KD's alot. I would like to see the 3 minut round accelerate to about 2 min 15 secs and I would be happy and then a long laundry list of little tweaks here and there and the haymaker toned down a bit and I would be satisfied. FN for me is closer to being a very good game to me than it is to you and I can respect that. If you like VB, I am happy you found a game that you enjoy. I honestly would have tried VB2, but the videos scared me off and it was a large investment with the fliptop, etc if I didn't like the game. If it was a typical game for $40, I am sure I would have tried it.

# 15 dz2k @ 05/17/05 01:20 PM
im no madden/nba live fan but fight night is the REAL DEAL. i havent played the newest 1 yet(i played last yrs) and it was great. has ne1 heard about the MEMORY on the ps3. i think that was a major issue that ps2 lacked and i heard MS 360 will have like 500 meg of memory. i also hope its 56k

# 16 Money99 @ 05/17/05 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Do you play FN on X-Box or PS2? I play on PS2 and have never had that many knockdowns. Sometimes it may take 5 knock downs to win a fight, but it is rare. Alot of my fights later in the career go until the late rounds before a KD is even scored and then its a KO after 1 or 2 kD's...I have had some championship bouts go all 12 rounds without a KD on the hardest level. For me, an accelerated clock would help cut down the KO's and KD's alot. I would like to see the 3 minut round accelerate to about 2 min 15 secs and I would be happy and then a long laundry list of little tweaks here and there and the haymaker toned down a bit and I would be satisfied. FN for me is closer to being a very good game to me than it is to you and I can respect that. If you like VB, I am happy you found a game that you enjoy. I honestly would have tried VB2, but the videos scared me off and it was a large investment with the fliptop, etc if I didn't like the game. If it was a typical game for $40, I am sure I would have tried it.
I've played it for the Xbox. And I agree that VB2 is a costly investment. But if you ever get the chance to play VB2 take it. You sound like a serious boxing fan so it's a shame that you haven't had the chance to play VB2.
There are some good things that FNRd2 does, but others that have me scratching my head. Hopefully Rd3 corrects some of them.
Happy boxing! Cheers!

# 17 Pared @ 05/17/05 02:18 PM
Quote:

I'm in the same boat. I really have never seen what you're mentioning... I have had to KD a guy around 5 times for him to stay down.... but 12 times?

I can only scratch my head, as I've played the game on the high difficulty (only) and have never encountered that.

Regardless, I just don't agree that FN is the travesty you initially made it seem. It's not there, but it's pretty close...

# 18 acarrero @ 05/17/05 04:49 PM
The graphics are not the problem in Fight Night series. The controls are very good, but they need to add better strategy/AI and more realism. I hate how you have to know a guy down several times to beat him. It shouldn't always be like that. If they fix that, tweak the AI, add more real venues, a lot more boxers, HBO presentation, and expand on the dynsaty mode, they will have the perfect boxing game.

# 19 Blackwiz @ 05/27/05 04:15 PM
Quote:

ur right, i never really been sure wat EA is tryin to do with Fight Night. Its not a sim boxing game. Its hardly realistic. The controls and the whole way of the game, is fun and great. But its not really a sim boxing game. Its more of an arcade boxing game.

I think when Fight Night first came out, people were so awwed by the graphics and the controls, they just started calling it a great realistic sim boxing game. Its hardly realistic. They can even lock up like real boxing.

I wonder..........if they made it sim, would people still like it? I guess they could have an option where you play sim or arcade(the way it is).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.