Home
News Post

Now that E3 has come and gone, what genre of sports game are you looking forward to the most??

Member Comments
# 1 Fresh Tendrils @ 05/24/05 11:03 PM
Football. Football games seem to keep my interest over the span of weeks/months more than anyother game. I can go through 5-10 seasons in a football game, but it seems like I can't get past the second or third season in other sport genres.

# 2 Acid @ 05/24/05 11:21 PM
Football no doubt.

NCAA and Madden should be good this year.

# 3 luv_mist @ 05/25/05 12:06 AM
Football is all good and well, but basketball is the fire for me cause I play it. I relate more with it. And the other thing about it is that so many games are coming out that are bringing that different interpretation. Not so for football si I'm not really interested in it until one of two things happen. The NFL exclusive drops and the other programmers come out the gates fast, or the next-gen football just blows me away with the gameplay and graphics where I'd be glad for their move. Still sour about that horrible next-gen commercial. Gave me a headache

# 4 hayvis @ 05/25/05 06:43 AM
I'm really enjoying MVP Baseball at the moment, but I still don't think anything comes close to Football gaming. I'm really looking forward to NCAA Football 2006: It looks like they've sorted out the problems of last year and added a host of fun looking features.

Can't wait to see the virtual Corso start putting on those hats.

# 5 ndxc2001 @ 05/25/05 11:04 AM
Tiger Woods 2006 for XBOX 360. The screenshots are so nice and the control scheme should be a little more difficult.

# 6 gurantsu @ 05/25/05 03:50 PM
Racing. With the new generation of consoles the racing genre can finally start stretching it's legs.

# 7 Stu @ 05/25/05 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyce3
baseball>everything
I agree. I love Football games as well but I play baseball games much more.

# 8 Husker_OS @ 05/25/05 04:47 PM
MVP is simply addictive. NCAA is played for 8 solid months.

# 9 BlitzKraig @ 05/25/05 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker9
MVP is simply addictive. NCAA is played for 8 solid months.
Unlicensed football!

# 10 slickdtc @ 05/25/05 05:35 PM
I would've said hockey, because I'm definitely going to purchase NHL 2k6 and will check out NHL 2006, but football is so intriguing this year.

Of course we have Madden and their first year of exclusivity, but then there is Blitz: The League and The Road to Sunday coming out as well (although I'm not really a fan of over-the-top sports games). I can't wait to see how well Madden plays and all the new additions turn out.

# 11 Cardot @ 05/25/05 07:52 PM
The short football season really orients well to video games. You can play multiple seasons without simming. As much as I like MVP, I am having trouble keeping interest in my season due to the "Sim" factor.

# 12 aukevin @ 05/25/05 09:08 PM
Normally, I would be looking forward to a new MVP Baseball game for next year. That game has been awesome the last two years, especially the 2005 game. Unfortunately we all know there isn't gonna be another MVP, so I am looking forward to the new NCAA Football game. That game always provides a lot of fun in the fall for me.

# 13 luv_mist @ 05/25/05 09:21 PM
Dang, Football is just crushing every other sport on here huh? Guess Madden made a great move then. Never hating. I guess I'm going to have to check out all the football games I can to get a good experience of the "real" football game. By the way, do they have Playmakers season on videos? Another station should have picked up that game like HBO or something.

# 14 Pared @ 05/25/05 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I agree. I love Football games as well but I play baseball games much more.
Ditto.

# 15 kweiss @ 05/26/05 12:56 AM
I'm not sure what my answer is to this question.

My two favorite genres are football and baseball. However, I enjoyed ESPN NFL Football the most, then EA gets exclusive rights. MVP is my all time favorite baseball game, then I get news there's no more MVP. I'm a pretty big hockey fan, but I find it tough to play when there's no NHL. That leaves me with basketball, but I'm not a big fan of basketball.

I'm going through a rough time in my sports gaming life.

I'm sure once the games start getting released something will spark my interest, but until then I'm just going to have to wait it out.

# 16 Harrington3 @ 05/26/05 04:22 AM
Basketball.

For some reason I just really like Basketball video games. Although when it comes to watching sports on TV or attending games I like Football better. The last time I liked a different sport game was when I like Tecmo Bowl better then Double Dribble on my old NES (actually I liked them about equally)

# 17 ifiok25 @ 05/26/05 02:09 PM
Football. Always my facorite every year.

# 18 ehh @ 05/26/05 06:07 PM
College football is always #1 for me, followed by baseball then college bball.

# 19 coogrfan @ 05/26/05 06:25 PM
Football, by far my favorite sport.

# 20 BlitzKraig @ 05/26/05 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
Dang, Football is just crushing every other sport on here huh? Guess Madden made a great move then. Never hating. I guess I'm going to have to check out all the football games I can to get a good experience of the "real" football game. By the way, do they have Playmakers season on videos? Another station should have picked up that game like HBO or something.

You can pick up the entire season of Playmakers on DVD.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.