Home
News Post

Now that E3 has come and gone, what genre of sports game are you looking forward to the most??

Member Comments
# 21 NYJets @ 05/26/05 08:23 PM
Football I guess. Even though I'm not too excited about the selection of games this year, it's still my favorite sport by far.

# 22 Sully @ 05/27/05 04:26 AM
I'll say football, although it's not the same with no 2K around...

NCAA 06 better take me back to 2004, because 2005 was garbage.

# 23 nugator @ 05/27/05 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
I'll say football, although it's not the same with no 2K around...

NCAA 06 better take me back to 2004, because 2005 was garbage.
Football is far and away my favorite sport, but I am worried about the lack of competition going forward and may end up buying every 2-3 years instead of picking up every version. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised, but no pre-orders this year. Especially hopeful for PSP versions, as I spend 10+ hours a week on planes and that comprises my primary gaming time...

# 24 Lintyfresh85 @ 05/29/05 05:58 PM
big time football for me, If MVP was still around I might have gone with that but since its not I'll have to say football.

# 25 iamthemaster121 @ 06/06/05 09:14 PM
Basketball fan for life baby

# 26 BrianFifaFan @ 06/09/05 04:28 AM
All the 360 sports titles, except Hockey. I'm leaning toward NBA 2k6 over NBA Live. And Madden 360 is a must-have for me. I want to see what MLB2k6 for 360 will look like. Maybe it won't be the steaming pile that 2k5 is.

# 27 XboxRocks1991 @ 06/19/05 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Now that E3 has come and gone, what genre of sports game are you looking forward to the most??
No contest. Football. Everyone is looking forward to Madden and NCAA and ESP......never mind.

# 28 Joey B. @ 06/19/05 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Normally, I would be looking forward to a new MVP Baseball game for next year. That game has been awesome the last two years, especially the 2005 game. Unfortunately we all know there isn't gonna be another MVP, so I am looking forward to the new NCAA Football game. That game always provides a lot of fun in the fall for me.
NCAA Baseball (if and when it ever comes out)

# 29 GregO @ 07/25/05 06:41 PM
No Doubt...Football

# 30 larrygiterdone @ 07/25/05 07:16 PM
cycling/mountain biking

# 31 chevrock22 @ 07/26/05 11:39 AM
Are any of the rugby games any fun? Ive never played one before.

# 32 KBomber @ 07/26/05 04:21 PM
I think it has to be basketball and for a variety of reasons. In no particular order these are:

1. Momentum -- The 2004-05 round of basketball games was by far the best effort among developers in recent memory. Even without a new version of Inside Drive, Live 2005, ESPN 2K5 and College Hoops 2K5 made quantum leaps in quality offering alternatives that all provided variety and excellence in the genre. If this momentum can be maintained due to competition between the developers, then there are conceivably very exciting developments ahead for fans of virtual basketball

2. Non-Exclusivity -- Basketball is still one of the last bastions of non-exclusivivity. Hate to tell you, EA football fans or VC baseball fans, but your sports gaming products are and will suffer from a lack of competition. Competition fuels innovation and you can and will see that in the basketball genre as EA and VC both put their best feet forward to win our purchasing dollars. Sports are about competition driving excellence. Those conditions still exist in virtual basketball. There is no need, or more importantly any strong external motivation, to innovate in an exclusive environment. If you are a football or MLB diehard you have no choice when it comes to choosing a new game this year. You get what EA or VC will give you or play last year's versions of the games you TRULY enjoy. I'm a 2K5 football fan and I love MVP Baseball. I don't like my personal options for 2005-06 in these sports

3. Migration -- One of the most acclaimed basketball games in recent memory was NBA Inside Drive 2004. With the development of that title having been ceased, programmers from that title have migrated to other companies and will hopefully help to add a little Inside Drive flavour to both Live and ESPN NBA (or whatever it will be named this year...). Hopefully this translates into more composite and fulfilling products when coupled with the other conditions of non-exclusivity and past progress that was realized in the 2004-05 titles

4. Internal Competition -- For many, 2004-05 was significant in that the best basketball game on the market may not have even been one that held the NBA license. College Hoops 2K5 was a ground-breaking achievement by VC in general and by the development team lead by Rob Jones specifically. Both Live and NBA 2K6 need to exceed not only their direct competition in each other, but also the qualitative experience provided by the college games and their associated development teams

To me there really is no contest in what sport has the potential to deliver the most intriguing range of product offerings this year -- it's basketball in an absolute landslide

Have fun........I know I will when playing all the hoops titles this year..........

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.