Home
News Post

It appears that Sony has decided that (at least in Japan), the PlayStation 3 won't come with a hard drive; any such forthcomng device will have to be purchased as an add-on. As for the promise of such a concept - well, don't ask anyone who bought...{br}{br}View the Entire Article{br}

Member Comments
# 21 macnbc @ 07/05/05 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
will Sony bundle a HD with a game and sell it for 50 bucks as a package? I doubt it
They did something pretty similar with the PS2 and its HDD..
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=operasport-20

However, it is unlikely even games by themselves are going to remain at $50 for any nextgen console.

# 22 fossen @ 07/05/05 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnbc
If a hard drive is available at launch for the PS3 and the vast majority of games (if not all of them) support it, then casual gamers WILL buy it.
Even if you were correct (and the history of console peripherals says you aren't), it's not a 100% attach rate. Companies won't write for a HD if they don't know there's one available.

# 23 quietcool72 @ 07/22/05 12:44 PM
I'm going to get both, but I'm a site-owner/reviewer, so that's my job to know both.

However..

All proposed next-gen hardware specs aside- I think Sony is miscalculating 5 things.

#1. Just how old and "long-in-tooth" the PS2 hardware is currently.
#2. Just how existing PS2 folks are for a new system ASAP (milking SIX years out of a console system is a bit much)
#3. Just how attractive the proposed XBOX 360 price tag is versus their own. (and out for THIS Christmas time.)
#4. Just how instrumental being the first system with a next-gen Madden release can be to the sports gamer crowd who is seeing annoying slowdowns in many of their current gen sports games as it is.
#5. How much of a hard-sell it is for a 16 year old kid to convince his parents to go with a system that costs over $400.00. (Perhaps $450.00) when there's one at $299 by Microsoft.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.