Home
News Post

We have just posted our SSX on Tour review. Find out what Mark Fossen has to say about it.
"I have fond memories of SSX. It's what got me back into gaming. I played the original game on a friend's PS2, and the incredible graphics, speed, and fun is what got me all hot 'n' bothered to get into the next generation of consoles, and the rest was history. Strangely enough, it's now one of the old men of gaming, with SSX: On Tour being the fourth installment in the franchise. It ushered in this generation of gaming, and now is ushering it out. Has SSX stood the test of time?"

Member Comments
# 1 mgoblue @ 10/20/05 09:51 AM
I really think the SSX series has jumped the shark...one of those games that falls prey to time and not really innovating or changing enough to keep the series fresh. You need something to keep you hooked, but after SSX and SSX Tricky I feel i've been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I'll admit i had no clue this game was even coming out, but maybe on the next gen they'll ramp it up and make it new again.

# 2 ExtremeGamer @ 10/20/05 10:29 AM
To me, it has Tony Hawk syndrome. They all end up feeling the same, and there is no way to innovate the genre at this point.

# 3 Steve_OS @ 10/20/05 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
To me, it has Tony Hawk syndrome. They all end up feeling the same, and there is no way to innovate the genre at this point.
I agree totally. Although SSX online would be a step in the right direction.

# 4 Shaver @ 10/20/05 10:47 AM
Amped 2 was sweet on XBL...so it can definately add some spice to a title!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.