Home
News Post

Do you have a question for the Producers of MLB Slugfest 2006? If so, post them here.

Member Comments
# 1 fossen @ 02/24/06 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseonabun
Here's my question:

How were you guys able to make an MLB Licensed game even though Take-Two owns the 3rd-party license exclusively?
cheeseonabun took my question!

# 2 fossen @ 02/24/06 07:07 PM
When faced with a similar situation, the Blitz team decided to take the freedom of having no league license. Why did the Slugfest team decide to stick with the MLB for another year?

# 3 roadman @ 02/24/06 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseonabun
Here's my question:

How were you guys able to make an MLB Licensed game even though Take-Two owns the 3rd-party license exclusively?
I think the answer is here.

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/news/?id=11930

When asked about this new SlugFest and how it relates to Take-Two's exclusive third-party rights to the MLB license, a Midway representative informed us they had a prior deal with MLB and that Midway's previous agreement was not voided by the deal with Take-Two. The contract, however, will end in 2006, so this will be the final year SlugFest can feature MLB players and teams.

# 4 nemesis04 @ 02/24/06 09:13 PM
-Will the baseball Mogul engine be used again for this version.

-Will we have full rosters or just the basics with slim backup?

-Who will be doing the commentary?

-What has been done in terms of improving user control when fielding?

# 5 nemesis04 @ 02/24/06 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
When faced with a similar situation, the Blitz team decided to take the freedom of having no league license. Why did the Slugfest team decide to stick with the MLB for another year?
I believe they had their contract with the MLB before the T2 deal came to fruition.

# 6 chicago23 @ 02/25/06 07:59 PM
  • For those of us whose gaming focuses on the single-player experience, will there be a Franchise mode in MLB Slugfest 2006?
  • Will this Slugfest return to the classic Midway gaming style, over-the-top action and effects, but with a quality gaming engine/AI enhancing the experience?

# 7 FORMULA316 @ 02/28/06 08:13 AM
Will this be a 360 title?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.