Home
News Post

Aaron Holbert has just posted his hands on impressions of NBA 2K7.
"I have to be honest with you guys. Going in to E3, I wasn’t excited about NBA 2K7. From the pre-E3 trailer and the screenshots, I didn’t think the game looked much different then NBA 2K6 and while I did notice that Tim Duncan and Shawn Marion had their jumpshots, I didn’t think that was a big deal because the NBA Live had those last year. This apathetic feeling lasted until I got the chance to meet with Rob Jones and discuss this year’s version."

Member Comments
# 21 pimpace2323 @ 05/18/06 05:09 PM
Honestly....i was a huge NBA Live fan until this past year. After picking up 2K6 i decided that this was definetly the game for me. All the new features for 2K7 sound great. I cant wait to play this next one. I mean, 250 signature jumpers? INCREDIBLE!!!!! Now if they improve the fast break AI then it would be perfect. I hate when the other team has a 2v2 fast break but while it loks like your man is going to go guard the guy breaking to the basket he's actually just pretending and the runs up to guard the guy you were already guarding and then they get an easy bucket. But beggers can't be choosers right? Just one question for Aaron....Did you happen to notice if Nash's hair was moving as he ran up and down the court?

# 22 aholbert32 @ 05/18/06 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpace2323
Honestly....i was a huge NBA Live fan until this past year. After picking up 2K6 i decided that this was definetly the game for me. All the new features for 2K7 sound great. I cant wait to play this next one. I mean, 250 signature jumpers? INCREDIBLE!!!!! Now if they improve the fast break AI then it would be perfect. I hate when the other team has a 2v2 fast break but while it loks like your man is going to go guard the guy breaking to the basket he's actually just pretending and the runs up to guard the guy you were already guarding and then they get an easy bucket. But beggers can't be choosers right? Just one question for Aaron....Did you happen to notice if Nash's hair was moving as he ran up and down the court?
Nash's hair moves.

# 23 ExtremeGamer @ 05/18/06 08:47 PM
Great job Aaron, I'm officially pumped for this game!

# 24 RubenDouglas @ 05/18/06 09:42 PM
Aaron, sorry to keep asking question...

Can you mention anything noteworthy on the atmospheric fog and the sweat? Did it look realistic? was it still being worked on? Was there some overkill on these little features?

From what I saw, it looked nearly perfect in regards to the fog.
Was there a new sweat system in place? Could you talk to them about that? Id love to see the guys unsweaty starting the 2nd half and gradually building up that layer of sweat. Im not sure how that whole system is incorporated. Maybe you found out something in that regard

Thanks

# 25 belly19 @ 05/18/06 09:44 PM
This sounds like the game to get (as though Live had a chance at my dollars). With what 2k is doing it will be no time at all before they put EAsports out of business. I am glad that they are fixing the passing. Too many times I have tried to make a pass and they passer will throw it off of the defenders head instead of going over it. Imagine what they could have done if they still had NFL license. I hope that they will make a College Football game or maybe a boxing. The level of authenticity that they put into their sports games keeps me coming back for more.

# 26 Fistface @ 05/19/06 02:01 AM
i hope some of the little features come to 2k7 on current gen...

# 27 TheKingOfVa @ 05/19/06 08:39 AM
This game sounds amazing. I hope they have a regular season mode where you can select all teams. The sig. jump shots feature sounds great. This could be the best basketball game ever. Great job again 2k for listening to the fans and fixing the game.

# 28 Basketballer238 @ 05/21/06 10:57 AM
looookin good

# 29 SageInfinite @ 05/22/06 09:50 AM
SMH. 2K6 360 is my fav bball game ever. 2K7 will replace that. Cant wait for this game. They seem to amaze me more and more every year. Except 2K4, idk wtf happened there,lol.

# 30 mjb2124 @ 05/22/06 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant from HellCounty
Videogame developers never listen to tha fans...None of them really care it's their thoughts that cause the game to be better....Because if they listened to tha fans their games would be way better than everybody thinks they are....
Developers listen, but the higher-ups that are paying the developers salaries always have the final say. Unfortunately, most developers don't have too much say in what gets implemented and what gets cut.

# 31 Da_Czar @ 05/22/06 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant from HellCounty
Videogame developers never listen to tha fans...None of them really care it's their thoughts that cause the game to be better....Because if they listened to tha fans their games would be way better than everybody thinks they are....
I have to disagree with you on that one. a better statement would be EA never listens to their fans. VC and their developers on the other hand do listen to our legitimate gripes. Does every single suggestion get put in. Nope but they do in fact listen.

hell for the college hoop game we had a sticky where we could show them teams updated uniforms for inclusion in the 360 verison on the game.

which is why IMHO they have superior games.

# 32 EWRMETS @ 05/28/06 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel40
I have to disagree with you on that one. a better statement would be EA never listens to their fans. VC and their developers on the other hand do listen to our legitimate gripes. Does every single suggestion get put in. Nope but they do in fact listen.

hell for the college hoop game we had a sticky where we could show them teams updated uniforms for inclusion in the 360 verison on the game.

which is why IMHO they have superior games.
Why does everything have to turn into EA vs. VC? You think they have listened to fans with MLB and NHL?

# 33 Brandwin @ 06/01/06 10:48 AM
Thanks Aaron...sounds great.

# 34 videobastard @ 06/05/06 09:10 AM
This was a good preview. I like the 250 sig shots and improved sub AI. Overall the game sounds great. As long as they get the majority of arenas authentic i do not have a problem.

# 35 jabba @ 06/07/06 06:50 PM
I wonder if VC will let us enjoy all this goodness this year here in Europe or are we going to get scr*** once again? Just to let You know - You guys in NA get it around october, while Europe usually waits until march next year. Do I have to tell how annoying this is? I heard it's HD era, no more PAL/NTSC bull****... but welcome to the real world.
2K6 on first XBOX didn't even have updated rosters, it was august just like NTSC copy. This isn't funny, it's f****ing horrible. Best European player has a chance to become Finals MVP (D. Nowitzki, Germany) and we get treatment like this? Shame on you Visual Concepts NBA is a world-wide game, after all You call NBA championship "world championship" (which is megalomania by the way) - let all the World play the beautiful game You have there. I want to play with American friends by the end of this year, please!
Another thing - EA doesn't have any coversion problmes, NBA LIVE (unplayable, I know) is here on day one, no problem.
This is bad.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.