Home
News Post

I've received a response directly from the Madden team regarding "unlocked" Hall of Famers appearing in Franchise/Superstar mode rosters.

Apparently, the EA representatives who told me that HOFers were not going to be added to Superstar/Franchise rosters at Community Day were "misinformed".

"...the (design) team wanted to give players the ability to use HOF players on current rosters. This is intentional."

This is the workaround recommended by the Madden team if "players do not want to use this feature".

"
Hall of Fame players are added to the roster on boot-up and whenever you move up in Madden Gamer Level. In order to prevent these (players) from being on your Franchise team, you have the following options:

1) Save off the roster upon boot-up, and load once you are in-game and then head into Franchise mode.

2) Go online and get the latest roster and start a Franchise. This will also remove the players.
Once you have started a Franchise, these players won't show up, as the roster is saved with the Franchise."

To add to that, if you already have a saved Profile with a Madden Gamer Level high enough to unlock HOFers immediately, I'd recommend copying it to a memory card, removing it from your hard drive (if applicable), and booting the game without it so it doesn't auto-load.

You'll have the default rosters (and the ability to load customized ones from memory) and bypass the MGL/HOF functionality. Then, after the Franchise/Superstar is saved, you could load your profile normally.

The above instructions should also apply to Superstar mode as well as Franchise.

Now, seeing as how quickly everyone jumped on EA here, I'd like to point out that their response regarding a workaround took only a few business hours after I called them yesterday, informing them of this and alerting them that I would post that evening in advance.

Thanks specifically go to Michael Johnson of EA, who worked after hours last night after we spoke and coordinated this workaround so quickly today, and the Madden design team for getting back to us and responding to the community's need for information.

Member Comments
# 1 Shaver @ 08/16/06 03:50 PM
Great job, Shawn.

# 2 Acid @ 08/16/06 03:52 PM
Awesome work, Shawn!

By the way, the 'This is the workaround recommended by the Madden team if "players' part is black and doesn't show up on black backgrounds.

# 3 Sully @ 08/16/06 03:52 PM
Thanks, Shawn. Sounds like a reasonable workaround.

# 4 Altimus @ 08/16/06 03:52 PM
Thank you very much for the quick post!

# 5 sdrotar @ 08/16/06 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
Awesome work, Shawn!

By the way, the 'This is the workaround recommended by the Madden team if "players' part is black and doesn't show up on black backgrounds.
Fixed... I think.

# 6 Acid @ 08/16/06 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar
Fixed... I think.
Now the whole sentence is black and unreadable, lol.

Maybe make it red so it shows up on all stylesheets? I dunno.

# 7 sdrotar @ 08/16/06 04:13 PM
Now?

Stop using the black background...

# 8 mwjr @ 08/16/06 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
Thanks, Shawn. Sounds like a reasonable workaround.
But how long will you have to wait for EA to post its rosters online? That just delays the start of your franchise, if you don't want these in there.

# 9 px316xk @ 08/16/06 04:30 PM
i still dont understand how these "fixes" will keep HOF'ers out of FA........

# 10 Howie75 @ 08/16/06 04:32 PM
This is why I joined OS. Great work Shawn.

# 11 Acid @ 08/16/06 04:36 PM
Quote:
Now?

Stop using the black background...
Now it's fine.

The white OS Pro background hurts my eyes after awhile. :y4:

Thanks, Shawn.

# 12 HitDoctor @ 08/16/06 04:40 PM
I'm sure I'll need help with this later, but at least I can sleep tonight! Thanks, Shawn!

# 13 Steve_OS @ 08/16/06 04:45 PM

# 14 sdrotar @ 08/16/06 04:46 PM
Basically, just save a "clean" roster file to create your Franchise/Superstar files.

That means not to load the saved Profile first - which might mean temporarily removing it from your hard drive.

# 15 Skyboxer @ 08/16/06 04:48 PM
1 problem solved. 1 to go. If the fatigue isn't fixed...oh man.
Vick left, Vick right etc etc etc

# 16 HitDoctor @ 08/16/06 04:50 PM
Quote:
Basically, just save a "clean" roster file to create your Franchise/Superstar files.

That means not to load the saved Profile first - which might mean temporarily removing it from your hard drive.
Save the "downloaded" roster to a memcard and start your chise/SS modes with that BEFORE saving a profile? (be patient with me, I'm 42 years old).

What did they say, if anything about fixing the fatigue gaffe?

# 17 sdrotar @ 08/16/06 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitDoctor
Save the "downloaded" roster to a memcard and start your chise/SS modes with that BEFORE saving a profile? (be patient with me, I'm 42 years old).
Just don't load any profiles before starting a Franchise/Superstar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitDoctor
What did they say, if anything about fixing the fatigue gaffe?
I didn't ask - one fire at a time, please.

# 18 Nepharius @ 08/16/06 05:06 PM
lol, and what about the people without XBL? what a stupid "feature"

# 19 HitDoctor @ 08/16/06 05:11 PM
Quote:
Just don't load any profiles before starting a Franchise/Superstar.

I didn't ask - one fire at a time, please.
Thanks, Shawn, for keeping a cool head on behalf of dopes like me!

# 20 Altimus @ 08/16/06 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepharius
lol, and what about the people without XBL? what a stupid "feature"
Than you do option one.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.