Home
News Post

We have just posted our UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 review. Find out what Clay Shaver had to say about it.
"As someone who gets 99% of their exposure to soccer from either video games or the World Cup, I won’t pretend to understand the depth of the passion that soccer fans have. I think U.S. sports fans certainly have passion for their baseball and football, but I’m not sure the average fan lives and breathes their favorite club like a soccer fan does. So, even though it always strikes me as strange, I shouldn’t be too shocked about how many new titles seem to drop every year. That’s why I was only mildly surprised to have UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 show up in my mailbox barely a half a year after FIFA 07. That’s not to complain, I certainly enjoyed FIFA 07 and was more than happy to jump feet-first into a new title and kick it around a bit.

If you’re a novice to international - specifically European - football, the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) Champions League features some of the absolute elite football clubs that even soccer newbies are mildly familiar with. Clubs like Real Madrid, A.C. Milan and Manchester United all compete on this grand European stage for the chance to hoist the European Champion Clubs' Cup – considered the most prestigious by most European fans. Unfortunately, here in the states, I’m not sure that having a title specific to Champions League is nearly the selling point that it is on the other side of the pond."

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.