Home
News Post

We have just posted our interview Ben Haumilller, Assistant Producer and Ian Cummings, Associate Producer of NCAA Football 08.
Operation Sports: "We keep hearing about the “new and deeper recruiting”. Can you give us some detailed information on this?"
Ben/Ian: "This year recruiting will be much more in-depth. The entire year’s recruiting database is available to you at the start of each year as you truly recruit year round. The new telephone mechanic allows you to interact with the prospects as you learn how the prospect feels about each of the 14 different pitches compared to how your school rates in those pitches. If the recruit isn’t really feeling what you have to offer you can attempt to sway his opinion of the pitch. You can assign activities for on-campus visits as well as decide what you are going to talk to a recruit about when you are on an in-home visit. For the first time you can recruit a player without offering them a scholarship, and get on the spot commitments if a scholarship is offered to a recruit that is interested enough. We have implemented a new search engine that allows you to filter through the prospect database to find the players that best fit the needs of your program. Additionally, you can make promises to recruits in order to help seal the deal and get a commitment. The better you are at keeping promises the more weight they will carry, and you will unlock more promises to use. However, if you are not a man of your word players will transfer and your promises will not be as effective."

Member Comments
# 1 ExtremeGamer @ 06/22/07 08:57 AM
Great interview!!

# 2 Shaver @ 06/22/07 09:25 AM
Wow... Brandon Graham (DE #55 from Michigan) is one of the Top 5 players in the game? Holy smokes he must have friends at EA.

Great interview!!! Good info!

# 3 Gary Armida @ 06/22/07 09:49 AM
Great interview. Now I have to buy 3 football games.

# 4 JohnnytheSkin @ 06/22/07 10:10 AM
Great interview, thanks!

# 5 RedmanR @ 06/22/07 11:08 AM
Pretty interesting interview

# 6 countryboy @ 06/22/07 11:31 AM
Brian Brohm the 5th best player in the game

Terrific interview. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of this game.

# 7 countryboy @ 06/22/07 11:32 AM
I am loving the new recruiting system.

# 8 ndeezlo @ 06/22/07 12:05 PM
wait a minute where's Brady Quinn rated? Great interview but of course you'd expect them to be positive about everything. off to buy 07 so that 08 blows my socks off in a month.

# 9 Spear @ 06/22/07 12:16 PM
Awesome interview, I'm happy I've already preordered this .

# 10 TerpsJunkie @ 06/22/07 04:48 PM
I wish it was coming out for the Wii

# 11 NDIrish08 @ 06/23/07 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndeezlo
wait a minute where's Brady Quinn rated? Great interview but of course you'd expect them to be positive about everything. off to buy 07 so that 08 blows my socks off in a month.

Getting even more excited for this game. Its just unfortunate that my Irish will be hurtin this year, mainly because of the fact that Brady Quinn graduated. I think I heard our top rated QB is Claussen at around an 83.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.