Home
News Post

We have just our NBA Live 08 interview with the Production Team.
Operation Sports: Will we see different defenders play according to their ratings?

NBA Live 08 will feature the ability to lock up your man with our defensive assist feature. Moreover, our on ball defense feature will allow better defenders the opportunity to play more efficient defense. In fact ratings play a large role in our player differentiation and how the various players are able to perform on the court.

Member Comments
# 1 Steve_OS @ 09/27/07 06:51 AM
I sent in a ton of questions, it's up to EA on which ones they answer.

# 2 luv_mist @ 09/27/07 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcain
Wow that was crap. Nothing against the OS "interview" but that seemed like an interrogation with short answers that elaborated on nothing. Thanks again EA for being the big evil corporation!
QFT!! That was a horrible response they gave. What's up with the half-@$$ed response they gave? It's also interesting that a lot of the features that are in 2K are also in Live and vice versa. They must have some type of sitdown that they do before they start on the next game. Also, once again they have no draft import class. How many years has it been since they had the feature removed? Why was it removed in the first place??

# 3 Vast @ 09/27/07 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
QFT!! That was a horrible response they gave. What's up with the half-@$$ed response they gave? It's also interesting that a lot of the features that are in 2K are also in Live and vice versa. They must have some type of sitdown that they do before they start on the next game. Also, once again they have no draft import class. How many years has it been since they had the feature removed? Why was it removed in the first place??
What features are you talking about?? Im curious to know what features were discussed in that "interview" that exposed the similarities between live and 2k.

also i knew FiBa would just be tacked on. NBA rules on an nba court? wack. Plays are ran for you?

# 4 knickstorm @ 09/27/07 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I sent in a ton of questions, it's up to EA on which ones they answer.
LOL so there's Fiba championship but no FIBA court or rules.......ridiculous.......so it's just an exhibition tournament with 8 different rosters basically........either you go all the way with the mode and add the court and rules or dont do it at all.....

and "Gil" helped them with gameplay??? yup, this game will be arcarde-like and have very little team play and passing

so this interview wasnt face to face or over the phone then? just an exchange of emails i assume?

# 5 TreyFury97 @ 09/27/07 04:03 PM
Lets see, since I got like all my questions in, and no good answers:

FIBA w/ real FIBA rules: nope

Custom Teams/ and or Owner mode: nope

Taking Control of none user teams so you can make roster updates in your dynastory or season: nope

Other than correct the mistakes from last year, what is there to temp me into buying? Already, we've seen the animations be herky-jerky, even adding in 2000 as they said. The dunks, which they motion capture, don't seem natural (IE having a big man try a fancy one-handed dunk right near the goal when he generally plays it safe and uses two hands).

I've never been a big 2K Hoops Fan (gameplay always seemed to stiff IMHO)but I've appreciated the approvements they make to the game, and how they seem to improve upon the product or at least try to.

After sitting out the past few years on video game hoops, 2K is drawing me in more than Live(which I never thought would happen) simply b/c they seem to be trying harder than the cats at EA. You know it happens, but to see it so blatantly is what I find most disturbing.

Just my two cents,

Trey

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.