Home
News Post

What you see before you is the culmination of months and months of planning, brainstorming, hard work, troubleshooting, late nights, and too many AIM conversations to count! Many people are to thank for making this happen. Of course, all the pioneers of the old OS that helped get the site off the ground and turn it into a place everyone knew to be "Dedicated to Sports Gaming". We'd also like to thank the staff of the former DigitalSportsMania.com for coming aboard.

But most importantly, the biggest thanks goes out to you, the members of our community. Without you guys, none of this would have been possible. So poke around the site. Explore. Check out all the new features. Let us know what you think of the new site and what you'd like to see added in the future. Here at Operation Sports, we are and always will be "Dedicated to Sports Gaming" and now, we're able to do so with a brand new website and a whole new way of doing things. So sit back, click around, and enjoy the brand new Operation Sports!

If the new OS excites you as much as it excites us please take a moment to Digg this story.

Member Comments
# 101 Krebstar @ 02/23/08 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
You can't really view them. The comments indicate how many times you've commented on any items on the front page. The votes indicate how many times you've voted for either a hype score or reader score on any game we have in our database.
Okay. I don't remember doing that, but I guess I have at least once. Thank you for clearing that up.

# 102 elTodd @ 02/23/08 12:09 PM
I must say, the more and more I browse the new site, the more I love it. There is just so much more content. I keep finding new things each time I log on.

Just wanna say thanks again to Steve and everyone else who helped with the site. Great job guys.

# 103 Hassan Darkside @ 02/23/08 12:23 PM
Great work fellas, I love the new, slick look.

# 104 TheBadazz @ 02/23/08 12:25 PM
Awesome Job!!!

# 105 Ghutton @ 02/23/08 12:38 PM
Very cool look. I'm loving it.

# 106 mgoblue @ 02/23/08 12:40 PM
Awesomely designed and very official new look guys. As a web developer I'm very impressed. If you follow through I think you could push OS to the next level! Great job!

# 107 p2xgamers @ 02/23/08 12:54 PM
Definitely like it. I've always gone to OS mostly because of the forums more than anything (sometimes the reviews) and the layouts have felt very mediocre considering the size and popularity of OS, but this designs is a LOT nicer and really is as great at the site itself.

Good job!

# 108 RaychelSnr @ 02/23/08 12:55 PM
We're definitely very excited about the future here for sure. Just wanted to send a congrats to Steve for his vision coming to fruition, this is going to be something incredible!

# 109 Gizmo @ 02/23/08 12:56 PM
Love the new design. Keep up the good work guys.

# 110 Acid @ 02/23/08 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
Looks cool but I don't like how the forums seem really scrunched together.
You can change the forum skin to get rid of the left menu.

# 111 aukevin @ 02/23/08 01:34 PM
Looks real nice guys. I looking forward to all the new stuff the site brings!

# 112 Beantown @ 02/23/08 01:41 PM
Looks good.

# 113 TJdaSportsGuy @ 02/23/08 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
oh cool im using the comment page
And not only do you get credit for a comment, you also get credit for a post. You also can vote on games and get credit for that as well.

I can see it now..."My 10,000th Comment" threads will be popping up in no time!

# 114 Beantown @ 02/23/08 01:51 PM
I'm going to try and get used to the new default one, with the sidebar included, instead of jumping right back to the SciFiVB skin.

Wish there was a default skin (meaning it has the stylistic layout of the current one) with a non-white background on the posts and such. Then it'd be perfect because I really like the style of the new default.

# 115 elTodd @ 02/23/08 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
I'm going to try and get used to the new default one, with the sidebar included, instead of jumping right back to the SciFiVB skin.

Wish there was a default skin (meaning it has the stylistic layout of the current one) with a non-white background on the posts and such. Then it'd be perfect because I really like the style of the new default.
Agreed. I really like the layout of the default, but I wish I could use the ESPN skin's colors.

# 116 ifiok25 @ 02/23/08 02:05 PM
I really like the new design. The site looks amazing. Great job as ususal OS.

# 117 porkchop @ 02/23/08 02:07 PM
Fantastic site, guys. Looks great!

# 118 SkinsBoYee @ 02/23/08 02:18 PM
Top notch folks...great work. Here's to making the best sports site period even better...

# 119 SpacemanSpiff @ 02/23/08 02:49 PM
Wow, gonna take some getting used to but props for a smooth change so far.

# 120 Briman123 @ 02/23/08 03:16 PM
Looks nice, hell of a job on the skin.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.