Home
MLB 2K8 News Post

Vetzballin.com has posted their Major League Baseball 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies, which includes some screenshots and a video clip showing a full 9 innings of play.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K8Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
Member Comments
# 161 Pared @ 02/27/08 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterai
User error

I was controlling the center fielder Taveras and you noticed I drifted too close to the left fielder?

Once I did that the ball indictar disappeared on the field and I lost track of where the ball was landing

I nudged Taveras a little bit too far to the left trying to guess and the ball landed to the right of me

"I got it, no you take it"

Nice touch of realism because in reality if two fielders came together, confusion would arise about who was going to catch the ball

The call off button is your friend.....
Nice... are there any fielder collisions though? Because then this would be pointless, IMO.

Just read about the indicator disappearing... very nice touch!

# 162 PVarck31 @ 02/27/08 04:53 PM
The better quality video looks great. I am in love with the aerial cam. It shows the flight of the ball the whole way. I have been waiting for that for a long time

# 163 PVarck31 @ 02/27/08 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Nice... are there any fielder collisions though? Because then this would be pointless, IMO.

Just read about the indicator disappearing... very nice touch!
Yes there are fielder colisions.

# 164 Pared @ 02/27/08 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Yes there are fielder colisions.
NIIIIICE... that should make OF play very exciting! Happy to see (read) that!

# 165 PVarck31 @ 02/27/08 04:57 PM
Quote:
NIIIIICE... that should make OF play very exciting! Happy to see (read) that!
Just so you know it was confirmed by Jon Robinson on his look at franchise mode on gametap.

# 166 Ltrain44 @ 02/27/08 04:59 PM
Did anyone see something that said "early build demo" flash on the screen? Maybe all the people bashing this missed that I guess.

# 167 JT30 @ 02/27/08 05:00 PM
Quote:
The better quality video looks great. I am in love with the aerial cam. It shows the flight of the ball the whole way. I have been waiting for that for a long time
Yes that is huge.. Seems like most games don't capture the flight of the ball properly. Nice

# 168 Pared @ 02/27/08 05:04 PM
Quote:
Just so you know it was confirmed by Jon Robinson on his look at franchise mode on gametap.
Link? I'd like to read it.

# 169 PVarck31 @ 02/27/08 05:05 PM
Quote:
Link? I'd like to read it.
Here you go my friend. http://www.gametap.com/home/read/article/4212

# 170 K_GUN @ 02/27/08 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride_YP
I'm not sure I understand the argument being made by others here.

Are people upset because Papelbon comes in to face one hitter in the eighth.

And then the argument seems to be, "Well, he's come in the 8th before." And the counter is, "Francona will never do that. He's got a slow hook."

I'm not sure how else to put this so it makes sense so I'll just say it the way I've always heard it. No video game knows names. They only know ratings and numbers.

2k or The Show, for example, don't know who Papelbon is or what he's done. They don't know that Francona has a slow hook (though this is something I would love to see be implemented in future games. Managers with ratings). All they know is that it's a close game the best hitter in the lineup is up and the closer is warm and ready to enter the game.

Enter closer to shut the thing down.

And someone can sue me later for not using commas where needed or question marks to end an interrogative statement.

he was taking a shot at me because i challenged his post....the audacity of me

i said paps would be more likely to face holiday than okijima and i reminded him of the bomb oki gave up in the WS

he took exception to me and my opinion

# 171 centauris @ 02/27/08 05:25 PM
that gamefly franchise article is pretty good.

# 172 JaSnake16 @ 02/27/08 05:30 PM
Group me with the ones who liked most of what they saw. Sure the game will have some flaws (and please someone list me one sports game that does not have flaws cause I would love to pick that one up) but so far none of them scream GAME KILLER! Thanks for the explanation on the fly ball that makes me stoked when playing the OF. Heres hoping theres no massive franchise bug or freezing issue (especially with 2Ksports history) that itll take months to patch and turn so many of us 360 people dying for a baseball fix off.

# 173 MizzouRah @ 02/27/08 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterai
Right

When a ball is hit over your head and you have to turn your back to it and run to the spot where you think it will land, that's when the ball indicator disappears

It will reappear once you turn back around and relocate the ball in the air

That makes sense because we've all seen fielders put their head down momentarily taking their eye off the ball, get on their horses to try and track balls hit over their heads

It's really a nice touch and makes catching those long drives a bit trickier

Not sure about the rain in domed stadiums Pride
See, reading stuff like this really gets me excited for this game. It won't be perfect, but it should be much better than last year's game, especially with all the new mechanics/features in the game.

# 174 lived @ 02/27/08 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottd
This game might just be alittle too hard for me to play.
They have all the options to go back to the simple controls in case it's too hard

# 175 lived @ 02/27/08 05:49 PM
Small "glitch" I picked up but nothing big. Willy taveras comes up to bat in the 7th and his batting gloves are in his back pocket but he's also wearing them.

# 176 JT30 @ 02/27/08 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lived
Small "glitch" I picked up but nothing big. Willy taveras comes up to bat in the 7th and his batting gloves are in his back pocket but he's also wearing them.
Well it did look cold in the video...something like maybe 20 degrees or below with everyone's breath showing up everywhere.

So maybe he wanted an extra pair to keep his hands warm?

Only in Macho Grande

# 177 SoxFan01605 @ 02/27/08 05:52 PM
look, there are good things about this game, but the problem is 2K shot itself in the foot over the last couple years. There is no one to blame but themselves for negative reactions thus far. If the gameplay was truly fixed (Though I could write a full page on why you shouldn't just take Brinkman's word for it) then it will be a much better baseball game and a solid pickup. I disagree with previous comments about "whiny nitpickers," though. People who are shelling out 60+ dollars on a game have every right to want it to be great. I can agree that certain things are less important, but things such as crowd reactions, stadium atmosphere, CPU AI, etc., can make or break any sports game. For those of us who have the option to get both, it may not be as big a concern. But for people who only have the option of 2K8, they have every right to be vocal about what they feel is wrong. After all, if Brinkman is to be believed, it's these complaints that were taken into consideration when trying to improve 2K8 over 2K7. Bear in mind, I am talking about legitimate complaints, and not "my game is better than your game" rhetoric. I think this game will be a significant upgrade over 2K7 (which is more important for 2K right now, IMO, than how it fairs against The Show) and should lead to a promising 09, but it has its flaws (at least from what we've seen) and they need to continue to be addressed.

...okay, I'm off my soap box now

# 178 Spectre @ 02/27/08 05:55 PM
Edited: JT30 explained what it was

# 179 PVarck31 @ 02/27/08 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlas26
Mods do something about this kid whose always bashing 2k8 please!!!!!!!!!,,, its really getting old
You can report the post to a mod using the report post link. But I don't really think he was hating, just making a joke.

# 180 JT30 @ 02/27/08 06:03 PM
Quote:
You can report the post to a mod using the report post link. But I don't really think he was hating, just making a joke.
Nah I am not hating at all. Just poking fun and I was using "Macho Grande" as a code word so to speak. Just being a goof.. long day at work.

Sorry if I offended anyone.. just having fun and don't see the need for all the bashing that goes on about 2k8 and MLB 08.

Again I apologize

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.