Home
MLB 2K8 News Post

GameSpot has posted a lot of Major League Baseball 2K8 screenshots.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K8Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 porkchop @ 02/28/08 12:01 AM
Wow those were really nice pictures. Even though they were for the PS3 but I'm sure graphically it's the same game. I'm a little disappointed with the lack of a shot of the fielding interface though, as I don't remember seeing one, just reading about the RA control.

It used to be that I thought "legends" teams and players were lame because it always only included a handful. It seems that 2k has changed that this year and I couldn't be happier for it. Alan Trammell in a baseball video game is something I haven't had in quite a long time... the original RBI comes to mind (still a fantastic game I still play once in a while.) Nice to see nonetheless.

# 42 Spectre @ 02/28/08 12:06 AM
Ugh, seeing Seaver in a Reds uniform still rubs me the wrong way.

# 43 Stroehms @ 02/28/08 12:07 AM
this game is definitely turning out to be a surprise. Just think what MLB 2k9 will be like. or if EA buys 2k, MVP 2k9 will be like with the ESPN capabilities and marketing ability. man, i'm pumped! I gotta say that if i was gay, i'd mary Ben Brinkman. sorry for that mental image. lol.

# 44 PVarck31 @ 02/28/08 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroehmerbasebal
this game is definitely turning out to be a surprise. Just think what MLB 2k9 will be like. or if EA buys 2k, MVP 2k9 will be like with the ESPN capabilities and marketing ability. man, i'm pumped! I gotta say that if i was gay, i'd mary Ben Brinkman. sorry for that mental image. lol.
What if he just wants to be friends? Then see what happens.

# 45 Spectre @ 02/28/08 12:16 AM
Those minor league pics make me feel all warm and tingly inside

# 46 Stroehms @ 02/28/08 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
What if he just wants to be friends? Then see what happens.
if ben had a myspace, i'd totally boot my gf from the number one spot for him. he's a God in my books.

# 47 sportsdude @ 02/28/08 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Okay, I am officially ridiculously pumped for this game now.....
yup. just looking through all the pictures and the classic players/teams, I'm really looking forward to this game.

# 48 brendanrfoley @ 02/28/08 12:32 AM
Yeah, these legends are something special. And speaking for myself, something totally unexpected.

# 49 RiSS RoSS @ 02/28/08 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
"That's what you call poppin' the mitt."

On topic, now...

Once more, I'm stunned at how many legends are in this game (Molitor? Joe Carter? Dante freaking Bichette? Brilliant!) If many have signature style, that'll be fine for me. Authenticity should set these guys apart from Joe Generic Minor Leaguer.
I can't wait to play just to throw a fastball at Joe Carter's face..... repeatedly.

# 50 BadKermit @ 02/28/08 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gamer
no batting gloves and no ear flaps on the helmets. only thing missing is the ball cap under the helmets. talk about old school. This game is going to be hot. But why no Mark Grace, Sandberg, Ernie Banks, Billy Williams or Ron Santo. No Cub love outside of The Hawk.

BTW, Dienkinger blew the call but the Cards still fell flat on their faces in game 7. Yeah I know, at least they made it to the Series in the last 63 years
Huh? Sandberg, Banks, Williams, Santo, and Jenkins are all in the game.

# 51 SeaNNyT @ 02/28/08 05:50 AM
The PS3's grass looks volumetric compared to the 360's. Whats up with that?

# 52 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/28/08 06:45 AM
Someone page Jim & Scooter ASAP....

# 53 Joey @ 02/28/08 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsTerritory
Does anybody know who any of those minor league players are when you get to the end of those legend pics? They're new as well...
Isn't the SWB Yankees pitcher Hughes? Looks like him to me, and he could be in the game since he played in the bigs last year.

# 54 TJdaSportsGuy @ 02/28/08 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
TribeKing you remind me of Mets fans who are never happy with their team unless the yanks suck. be happy that MLB 2K8 could possibly be a way better iteration then last yrs. Things look to be shaping up nicely. Its more friendly here unlike at 2K forums. I prefer the show and switched to PS3 but thats my peroative and I like to think people here dont push the Show on people too much
Let's PLEASE try to avoid these types of discussions, ok? Enough with the 2K vs. EA..err...Sony crap.

Anyone sensing a theme here?

# 55 TwinsTerritory @ 02/28/08 08:57 AM
PS3 updates in the late afternoon I thing...I hope its coming!

# 56 TJdaSportsGuy @ 02/28/08 08:58 AM
Quote:
Actually I want 2K8 to be good as wel. I did not mention any of your hype for 2K I just simply meant lets just focus on 2K8 w/o having to compare it to the show or saying its going to be better or w/e. This 2K8 as long as it makes great stride from 2K8 (which I think it has) I think we all should be fine. My disgust to your hype? None present here, I just wish we could talk 2K baseball here not The Show. As far as the postseason goes. Good job blowing the LCS.
Maybe you didn't read the post I wrote just above yours. Drop this discussion about comparing the two games, please.

# 57 FocusYoMindOnDis @ 02/28/08 10:00 AM
Quote:
TribeKing you remind me of Mets fans who are never happy with their team unless the yanks suck.
. You Yankees' fans, I swear.

# 58 FocusYoMindOnDis @ 02/28/08 10:02 AM
Well the game will be here soon, i for one am pretty excited. Just for baseball in general The shots look good to me. Just nervous about transitioning to the swing stick...and pitching, i want it to be very difficult.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.