Home
News Post

So, if you're birthday is today, feel lucky! Only 4 more years until your next one!

Why are there so many idiots on the road today? Seriously, if YOU are the first to stop at a 4 way intersection and EVERYONE is waving at YOU to proceed, you might want to go ahead and do that.

Me and T.J. were talking last night about some funny video gaming moments. We brought up the fact that we have those "Nodder" (taken from the animated movie "Cars") moments, where the next thing you know, you are waking up w/ drool on your chin (this was T.J.) facing a 2nd and 74. I've had a few games myself, where I was down 92-23 in NBA 2K8...Damn 5 second calls!

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: What is your funniest gaming moment?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'er!

mgamcbro2 (40)

Member Comments
# 1 TJdaSportsGuy @ 02/29/08 08:33 AM
What's up?

I'm sleep walking today as I had to work the Cal-Washington State game last night from our studios here on the east coast. I didn't get home and in bed until 3am eastern. Now it's 8:30am eastern and I'm right back at work. At least I get to go home early today...zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Sunday's going to be REALLY cool. All football season long last year, I belonged to this Buffalo Bills fan club at this sports bar here in town. The club was put together by the family of Bills LB Angelo Crowell. He's from Winston-Salem. Well, as part of being in the club, this Sunday, we're having a meet & greet with him at that same sports bar. It's gonna be awesome, meeting the defensive MVP of the 2007 Buffalo Bills. I'll be sure to post some pictures!

QOTD:

I may have a "nodder" moment typing this response. Funniest gaming moment had to be when I finally lost a game of NCAA Football '98 on the original Playstation in my college dorm. About 10 of us played through 2 or 3 seasons where I was unbeaten and won the national title each year. Even in friendly exhibitions, nobody had ever beaten me in that game.

Well...when I finally lost a game, we had such a huge crowd from the dorms sitting in there watching, you'd think it was a real game going on. When the final gun sounded and I lost by 2, they all mobbed Brandon (the guy who beat me) like he had just won the Super Bowl.

I still won the National Title that year, BTW. That was with East Carolina, I believe.

# 2 PVarck31 @ 02/29/08 09:05 AM
QOTD: My buddy and I were playing MLB 07 the Show on PS3 last year, Indians In Minnesota. Bottom of the 7th I believe, I was down 1 as the Tribe. All the sudden I was batting, but the announcers were calling it as if the Twins were batting. When I scored the runs counted for the Indians.

Pretty crazy glitch that never happened again.

# 3 boomhauertjs @ 02/29/08 09:12 AM
Looking forward to a pretty uneventful weekend.

QOTD: When I first got Rock Band and we were playing with my wife's family, my wife's cousin's husband got on the microphone and belted out "Mississippi Queen" while girating around with the mic. Everyone was cracking up.

Another one was when my cousin and I were playing my uncle in Tecmo Bowl. After we won, my uncle spiked the controller in anger and it exploded into a bunch of pieces. We still laugh about it from time to time.

# 4 HustlinOwl @ 02/29/08 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
QOTD: What is your funniest gaming moment?
I would have to say the summer of 2005 (NCAA Football 06). While being a bachelor my brother, a friend of ours and I had three PS2's all in the same room playing online like it was a mini network. We played like a round robin beating up on this one cheeser, not to mention had a keg for that opening weekend of the games release. I think we played that game all weekend long. The good ol times.

# 5 nyisles16 @ 02/29/08 12:36 PM
QOTD.. probably that stupid Brett Farve glitch that cost me a SB win in Madden 08.. losing by 3, getting the ball back with less than a minute to play & trying to drive.. on 4th down & 5, I drop back to pass and I see good old #5 doing this break dance, no one can sack him, the go out of bounds thing...

# 6 SPTO @ 02/29/08 12:38 PM
QOTD: I don't really have funny moments in videogaming but once when I was a kid everyone was at our house and I was playing Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. I had gotten the code to fight Tyson so needless to say I was showing them me losing to Tyson. Anywho I was pretty close to beating him at one point but I got knocked out. I yelled out F#^$#! and my father heard me and punched me right in the face for swearing. I ran upstairs and never came back down again for the rest of the night.

As for this weekend....I dunno what i'm doing. So i'll just play it by ear.

# 7 Cletus @ 02/29/08 12:40 PM
I was playing a guy who was a friend of mine, at the time, on NCAA 04. I was TCU and he was Clemson. I was beating him by around 10 at half time then got the kickoff to start the 3rd. I went into 2nd half offense mode (run up the middle to eat up the clock). I had done this on two other drives and the guy was getting so pissed he was cussing on the mic and on AIM. He finally has enough, says *bleep* this and calls a FG block defense on 2nd and 6, well I had planned to call a pass way before then, so I called a route to the TE out of the two tight end shotgun formation. 80 yards later I scored a td with a tight end who had maybe 75 speed at most.

The another time I came back from 42 down to beat my friend on NCAA 04 (I was Utah State and he was BYU). I fell asleep playing NHL 95 one and night and almost screamed when the game woke me up. One night I decided to see if I get play through all of the seasons on NCAA 05, won 7 straight national titles (simming) at Nevada and finally finished all seasons at like 6:30 am. I'm sure there's more (72 sacks with William Perry on Tecmo Super Bowl) but I've forgotten a lot.

# 8 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 02/29/08 03:04 PM
QOTD: I really dont know. Thats a tough question. Go back to easy questions

# 9 slickdtc @ 02/29/08 03:15 PM
QOTD: Sad and funny (in hindsight) moment. Playing MVP 03 and was going for a Team Goal by sweeping the Cardinals (a rival) in a series. I played the last game of the series like 5 times and every time they'd come up with a cheap win. After the 5th time I got so frustrated I went up and smashed the XBOX CD tray in. It broke, still worked, but eventually died a few months later.

I later learned that the Cardinals weren't even my rival.

Oof. New XBOX now, it's lasted since 2004. Considering the life span of my other XBOX's (two others), it's going pretty strong.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.