Home
News Post

Pasta Padre has posted two brand new screenshots of NCAA Football 09.

Quote:
"In years past all of the linemen were big, fat guys. This year we have added lineman body types that are much more athletic. This really helps make the players look more authentic."

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Sausage @ 03/21/08 11:09 AM
It is really hard to see the changes without a model from 08 to compare to. I would like to see some shots of the different lineman styles.

# 2 ausar72 @ 03/21/08 12:06 PM
Tell you what. I like the player models, but I hope they are still gonna do some work on those sideline guys...

# 3 J-Unit40 @ 03/21/08 12:24 PM
Looking better already. I see the colored gloves on the Oregon player. I just hope the players move better and not as rigid as they were in the past two years.

# 4 ProStylez @ 03/21/08 12:43 PM
I agree please do something with the sideline guys! The player models are improving each year while the stiffs on the sidelines look like they are stuck inside a Sega Genesis.

Does look nice though!!

# 5 nxt @ 03/21/08 01:10 PM
Looks good to me... let's see this bad boy in motion.

# 6 kenneth33 @ 03/21/08 01:21 PM
i see that s.miss player been hitting the gym this offseason look at the gunslooks like he's been with the fight night guys that a good thing... let's see we have 3-D grass[look at the D-MAC video] faster game play EA may be tring to make a good game but it will always be about game play

# 7 SageInfinite @ 03/21/08 01:42 PM
Good to hear they have some new lighting techniques.

# 8 BigD @ 03/21/08 01:45 PM
And please leave those seats empty for blowouts and crappy programs.... PLZ?

# 9 NYG_Meth @ 03/21/08 02:30 PM
Looks REALLY good.

# 10 myownsun @ 03/21/08 03:21 PM
Looks good

# 11 Rainey @ 03/21/08 03:41 PM
Southern Miss getting some love

# 12 LBzrule @ 03/21/08 03:41 PM
Skin textures look better than before. It doesn't look as "perfect" like it did before. Proportions on these two models look good, but alas, F screenshots. If the game does not animate any differently I'm not going to be impressed.

# 13 coogrfan @ 03/21/08 04:12 PM
Looking good, the oversized pads from last year have been fixed.

# 14 SageInfinite @ 03/21/08 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU_DW2
I agree. And the edges of the upper deck should be empty during weak non-conference opponents for some schools. Hopefully we'll see this on the Wii.

How different graphically do you think this will look between the 360 vs. the Wii, and the Wii vs. the PS2?
360 vs. wii is no contest. It'll probably look nearly identical to the PS2 version.

# 15 ewto16 @ 03/21/08 04:35 PM
Seriously??? Those look the same as the models from Madden 08. They don't look any different at all. Same pre-modeled wrinkles in the uniform and the same poor texture work on the player equipment.

The sidelines still look like crap. Wow, the crowd that I'm sure still looks like crap is going to have more color to it now. Why should that impress me? All the lighting and fancy graphic tricks don't mean a thing if the game still plays like total crap.

By the way, if you didn't notice yet, on the 360/PS3 EA just takes the Madden engine and makes it into the NCAA engine. THey used to be somewhat different. Not anymore. That is why the big feature for NCAA is branching/dynamic animations. That was the big deal feature of Madden 08.

# 16 Vadiplomat04 @ 03/21/08 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
Seriously??? Those look the same as the models from Madden 08. They don't look any different at all. Same pre-modeled wrinkles in the uniform and the same poor texture work on the player equipment.

The sidelines still look like crap. Wow, the crowd that I'm sure still looks like crap is going to have more color to it now. Why should that impress me? All the lighting and fancy graphic tricks don't mean a thing if the game still plays like total crap.

By the way, if you didn't notice yet, on the 360/PS3 EA just takes the Madden engine and makes it into the NCAA engine. THey used to be somewhat different. Not anymore. That is why the big feature for NCAA is branching/dynamic animations. That was the big deal feature of Madden 08.
Please stop reposting this garbage you posted on pasta's site

# 17 streetballa1555 @ 03/21/08 05:05 PM
The player models look good to me but almost all EA screenshots look pretty good just gotta wait and see this thing in motion and hoping they fix the sidelines + stiffness.

# 18 Bighoff @ 03/21/08 05:28 PM
The players seem to be looking a bit better then 08 but like everyone else I want to see how the game plays.

# 19 mvb34 @ 03/21/08 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badnews
Not impressed at all. More of the same garbage from EA. All of the power that these next-gen consoles possess and this game only looks like a slight upgrade from X-box and Ps2 cause of the power of the new consoles. Ea is not making their sports game engines to work in unison with the power of the next-gen console, and this is a slight to the literate game consumer. This will be the first time since super nintendo that I don't buy madden, and the first time since Weinke on the cover of Ncaa that I don't buy it. That is unless when they really start to reveal these games, I'm thoroughly impressed. Cause, there will be plenty of other games to keep me occupied. GTAIV, Metal Gear 4, SoCom, Killzone, NBA 2k9, Little Big Planet, and the new Mario Kart to name a few.
Right!! How can you really tell without seeing it in action.

# 20 CooLaidBlack @ 03/21/08 06:29 PM
looks good hope it plays just as nice

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.