Home
Madden 09 News Post

Hmmm... If not Madden, who will it be? SportsWrap has a few in mind, who would you like to hear in Madden 09?

Quote:
"Speculation is sure to run rampant over who these “biggest names in the business” are who will be lending their voices to the Madden franchise. Awful Announcing has already thrown out several predictable possibilities: Aikman and Buck. Simms and Nantz. Kornheiser, Tirico and Jaworski."

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Sausage @ 03/31/08 09:02 PM
Just got word Big Tigga from Fight Night 04 fame will be the new radio announcer, LOL; as quoted by Big Tigga himself "If he gets ups he's a champ, if he doesn't he's a chump".

For real I hope whomever they get records more than there catch phrase. Peace.

# 22 BaseballCtchr @ 03/31/08 10:53 PM
I call Gumble and Collinsworth since there is the connection to the NFL Network.

Second prediction is people actually want the radio guy back instead of Gumble.

# 23 Shinyhubcaps @ 04/01/08 12:16 AM
Everybody knows that John Madden is just a figurehead at this point. Just keep his likeness in the game to some extent and everything will be fine, and then you can go find some new commentators.

I agree with whomever said they should get no-name individuals with a lot of time. I have a putrid voice, but I would record commentary for that game if it meant having deeper commentary. Like NBA 2K8, I believe that they only had a couple of recording sessions, and the guys had other commitments as well. MLB 08 The Show, however, had their three-man announce team on-call, as well as a continuously working script writer. They went the extra mile to give the game some variety (and yet you still hear the same phrases after a while).

Presentation-wise, they'd be wise to get the FOX announcers, but as mentioned, that's unlikely. I sure hope it's not the Monday Night Football guys, because in real life, that is the most mismanaged slew of broadcasting components I have ever seen. Nobody needs five studio hosts and two sideline reporters when not one person in your three-man team is even remotely tolerable or knowledgable.

If they go with NFL Network, they can get Bryant Gumbel and include a module that randomly says the wrong team's name 7 out of every 12 times.

# 24 blklightning @ 04/01/08 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
I really think it will be the MNF crew. ESPN has to start demanding something from their EA deal at some point.
besides a paycheck? not likely.

# 25 ComfortablyLomb @ 04/01/08 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
People will still complain 1 week later on how it is repetitive.
Anything as good as mediocre last-gen announcing will be better than the radio guy. Listening to a single man in the booth and audio mimicking a broken mono radio speaker was the single stupidest decision made in the new Madden games. I have $2000 worth of stereo equipment, a $2000 TV, and $400 game system, and they're trying to nail the sound of audio vomit? Unbelievable. I just can't get over how egregiously stupid the radio guy's existence is or was, I just can't.

# 26 MoL2k @ 04/01/08 04:32 PM
What they need to do to keep it fresh is have additional lines of commentary every year there is a franchise.

Lets say in year 1 they have 300 lines of commentary....in year 2 add another 100, year 3 another 100, and so on...

I think that would keep it fresh to a point

Better yet. Offer DLC for commentary. You can pay 500 points to get the commentators of you choice. 100 points to get an additional 500 lines of commentary.

Hey...I think I am on to something.

I just remembered everyone was so PO'd at the commentary before they changed, I just say be careful what you wish for. Last time you got a guy talking in a tin can. (I liked the idea when I first heard about the radio guy. BUT I thought it was going to be a different announcer for each team...not just the same guy every time.)

# 27 lefty1117 @ 04/01/08 05:32 PM
The MNF crew would be terrible for this game. I just don't see 3 announcers working very well. It should be Buck and Aikman doing play by play and analysis, with goose doing commentary on halftime about the stadium's concessions offerings

# 28 ZM Punk @ 04/01/08 06:05 PM
I'll be happy with any announce team... as long as that stupid radio guy is gone.

# 29 diamondmd @ 04/01/08 09:01 PM
I think it is obviously going to be Gumbel and Collinsworth.

# 30 mashaddict @ 04/02/08 01:36 AM
I hope it isn't the MNF crew. TK makes me want to kill myself, he's not color commentary, just idiotic. Aikman and Buck would be tops, but I would settle for ANY of the CBS crew, they do a pretty good job.

# 31 FresnoST. @ 04/02/08 03:20 AM
-just give me something other than the radio guy.

# 32 JrGaf @ 04/02/08 10:00 AM
I Think they should sign deals with the TV broadcasters and set up the REAL crews. Thats prolly a few years away. CBS guys doing AFC and FOX guys in the NFC. Have all the Announcers. Sign them all . lol

# 33 BDawg35 @ 04/02/08 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
People will still complain 1 week later on how it is repetitive.
Sure they will ... if it's repetitive.

# 34 chiefs_fan @ 04/03/08 04:00 AM
Welcome back to last gen EA. This will probably the big "new" feature for 09.

# 35 Pared @ 04/08/08 04:24 PM
My money is on "Dan" and "Peter" from none other than...

# 36 ckarlic @ 04/09/08 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
This is great. The radio announcer is the worst part of Madden Next Gen. With an entirely new commentating team, there's indication that EA worked on presentation. This, not gameplay, was the biggest flaw of Madden last year.
I agree..the radio guy was annoying!!!

# 37 SportsTop @ 04/11/08 06:39 PM
Does the news that Bryant Gumbel is no longer with NFLN ensure that he won't be part of the in game announcing team?

I hope so.

# 38 countryboy @ 04/12/08 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Does the news that Bryant Gumbel is no longer with NFLN ensure that he won't be part of the in game announcing team?

I hope so.
I hope so too.

# 39 ComfortablyLomb @ 04/14/08 09:09 PM
I can't wait for the "the radio guy wasn't this bad" posts late in the summer.

# 40 HealyMonster @ 04/14/08 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I hope so too.

might not be the best but hell be able to record alot of lines with his newly aquired free time....

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.