Home
News Post

The official NCAA Football 09 website has posted some of the new features we can expect this year.

Quote:
College Atmosphere & Pageantry
  • All-new Dynamic Crowd System
  • College sidelines are packed with additional players, mascots, cheerleaders, and more
  • All-new authentic fields with new textures, lighting, and field degradation
  • New college player models, including more than 50 alternate uniforms
  • User Customizable Stadium Sounds & Music
  • Breakaway crowd reactions

Depth & Innovation
  • Online Dynasty is here!!!
  • Roster file sharing online
  • Improved recruiting system in Dynasty mode highlighting ease and accessibility
  • New post game presentation and play by play commentary
  • 1-4 player offline co-op
  • Return missed field goals
  • Bluff your play art to confuse opponents
  • Formation audibles
  • Smart routes
  • Bobble catches
  • Better passing control
  • Post play continuation
  • All-New Mini Games
  • Random play selection in practice mode
  • Quick replay
  • CPU vs. CPU (watch mode)
  • Smooth 60 FPS on PS3
  • Even teams option in play now

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 therizing02 @ 04/02/08 10:17 PM
Sounds GREAT..... so far. Please test the game this year before releasing it though because if all these great new features are in the game and the CPU doesn't throw the long ball or it's a turnover fest, the feature list means NOTHING because the game will be unplayable.

# 22 LBzrule @ 04/02/08 10:38 PM
Hahah. Here we go!! I want everyone to stop just for a second and read this list again. There is something that is very odd on this list. What the hell is a "College Specific Tackling Engine." ? What the hell could that possibly mean? I'm not sure what they could possibly mean by that unless they mean they are using a specific animation engine for NCAA that they are not using for Madden else the words are just filler and make no sense whatsoever.

Online Dynasty should be fun, but I hope you don't have the idea that you will have more than about 20 people in your online dynasty, IF that many. All the other stuff is just stuff re-introduced. Has the potential to be a solid, playable game. But if you are looking for a WOW game and I'll leave it at that.

# 23 bad_philanthropy @ 04/02/08 10:46 PM
Solid list, kind of lame about 1-AA teams not being in. Hopefully the implementation of Home Field Advantage won't go over like their first attempt back in '05 where the AI QB's became unable to make a smart throw and WR's couldn't catch the ball.

# 24 davin @ 04/02/08 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Hahah. Here we go!! I want everyone to stop just for a second and read this list again. There is something that is very odd on this list. What the hell is a "College Specific Tackling Engine." ? What the hell could that possibly mean? I'm not sure what they could possibly mean by that unless they mean they are using a specific animation engine for NCAA that they are not using for Madden else the words are just filler and make no sense whatsoever.
Maybe they are taking out some of the insane hardcore tackles and focusing on more of the smaller things that tend to trip a guy up or something? I wouldn't expect that, but just a guess.

# 25 jfsolo @ 04/02/08 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule

Online Dynasty should be fun, but I hope you don't have the idea that you will have more than about 20 people in your online dynasty, IF that many. All the other stuff is just stuff re-introduced. Has the potential to be a solid, playable game. But if you are looking for a WOW game and I'll leave it at that.
This is what stood out the most to me in the article, and I did take it to mean what you're hypothesizing, but with something like this we will definitely get the full scoop in the coming months and be able to judge it accordingly.

# 26 kenneth33 @ 04/02/08 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Honestly, ****ing mascot games before 1-AA. **** you EA. I knew that 1-AA was left out this year already, just didn't know they actually wasted their time to put the ****ing mascot games back in first. Also I LOVE how some of those "New" features were the ones they took out and are now putting back in. If your not gonna give me 1-AA, at least give me create-a-team. You know that feature that was in Madden LAST year. Glad most you guys are happy, but I obviously have reason to be sour.
I think the mascot game may have more to do with the Wii not the x360/ps3!!!! I THINK!!

# 27 bad_philanthropy @ 04/02/08 10:53 PM
I wonder if the field degradation is progressive over the course of the season. I know it probably won't be the case but it would be really cool if late in the season playing in a place like Heinz Field with the turf a real mess and limiting what players are able to do.

Now that they have all the Ducks unis in, maybe next year we'll see the rest of the NCAA alternates.

# 28 coogrfan @ 04/02/08 10:55 PM
Formation audibles
Smart routes
Random plays in practice mode
Online roster sharing

# 29 oldman @ 04/02/08 11:06 PM
Wow, I am amazed. It really seems like they are getting off their butts and actually making a decent game! One thing I am not happy to see however though is they didn't list whether or not you would have discipline problems or medical redshirts in the dynasty mode!!!

On another note, I guess dynamic is the buzz word around the EA office this year.

# 30 thmst30 @ 04/02/08 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth33
I think the mascot game may have more to do with the Wii not the x360/ps3!!!! I THINK!!
No, this is for 360/PS3. So happy to have mascot games back, OH BOY. Christmas has come early fellas!

# 31 ex carrabba fan @ 04/02/08 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Formation audibles
Smart routes
Random plays in practice mode
Online roster sharing
Yeah those sound good.

-Post game show sounds cool too.

-Post play continuation.. what is this?

Also, EA nobody plays those mascot games you dopes.

# 32 Rocky @ 04/02/08 11:13 PM
Only 2 things from this list really impress me......dynamic crowd reactions and better passing control.

The rest either were in last gen, been done in other games, or very vague, possibly underwhelming descriptions.

# 33 ex carrabba fan @ 04/02/08 11:19 PM
"Dynamic crowd system"- does this mean the fans will leave if it's a blow out and that sucky schools won't have sellouts? They need to put that back into the game.

I also didn't get all that excited about the game.. this is all stuff that should be in it. Now the gameplay hopefully will look and feel different but I doubt it'll be the best NCAA or anything crazy like that.

# 34 J-Unit40 @ 04/02/08 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Sounds GREAT..... so far. Please test the game this year before releasing it though because if all these great new features are in the game and the CPU doesn't throw the long ball or it's a turnover fest, the feature list means NOTHING because the game will be unplayable.
Co-sign. However, I am excited about a lot on that list. Please EA, do NOT jack up the gameplay and I will be and !!

I just knew I couldn't contain my excitement for too long. I'm still a skeptic like all of us, but this list has slightly lifted my spirit.

# 35 SageInfinite @ 04/02/08 11:20 PM
@ them mentioning 60 FPS on PS3 as a feature this year. LMAO! EA is hilarious.

# 36 J-Unit40 @ 04/02/08 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
@ them mentioning 60 FPS on PS3 as a feature this year. LMAO! EA is hilarious.
Not just 60 FPS on PS3, a smooooth 60 FPS Sage. LOL.

# 37 DubTrey1 @ 04/02/08 11:22 PM
Quote:
* Roster file sharing online
Game - set - match.

Hoping the gameplay is top notch this year and all of the alleged promises tehy list come not only to fruition, but executed to it's maximun potential.

# 38 Scott @ 04/02/08 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool17
What is POST PLAY CONTINUATION???
I don't think anyone is quite sure yet.

# 39 SageInfinite @ 04/02/08 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Not just 60 FPS on PS3, a smooooth 60 FPS Sage. LOL.

Seriously tho, how is this a bullet point feature? I can understand mentioning it in an interview or in a preview, but in a feature list? That's ridiculous. It should have been in last year(as well as in 07) and EA shouldn't use it as something to get a pat on the back this year. EA is really funny.

# 40 Scott @ 04/02/08 11:34 PM
Hmm...anybody notice this was all posted with a 4.1.08 date?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.