Home
News Post

This morning, the roster update that many owners of the PS3 version of The Show were waiting for was released, but not without some problems.

Because of MLBPA restrictions that prevent Sony from including players without any MLB service time, this week's roster update was highly anticipated and thought of as the real "Opening Day" roster set, since most players people were interested in have, by now, played in an actual MLB game. Most notable was Chicago Cubs' outfielder Kosuke Fukudome.

Now for the bad news. Apparently, after installing this roster update, PS3 owners quickly noticed that every single player in the league had their equipment defaulted to nothing. This means no wrist bands, no sleeves, no batting gloves. It's as though every player in the league has been freshly created without any accessories what so ever.

OperationSports.com's T.J. Cutini spoke with MLB 08: The Show senior producer Kolbe Launchbaugh about the problem earlier today. Launchbaugh's responsibilities do not extend to roster updates but he promised to look into the matter and report back to OS as soon as he had some answers.

As promised, Launchbaugh got back to us with the following:

Quote:
"Small update.

We found the issue that caused the problem and Brian is on the job looking for a fix. I still don't know when/if we can get a new roster up this week but we're going to attempt it. All roster deployments have to go through the QA process and seeing as we already do them weekly inserting another one into the mix may not be a possibility.

I'll let you know definitively when I have an answer one way or another.

-Kolbe"

We will keep you posted on any new developments regarding the roster update.

Game: MLB '08: The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 97 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 nflman2033 @ 04/08/08 01:24 PM
no acknowledgement of making Johnny Cueto white

# 22 Flightwhite24 @ 04/08/08 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13882
i have it all done i just need to know how to put it on the computer
Wish I knew, that was fast getting this done. Thanks for your time. Peace!!!

# 23 Pared @ 04/08/08 02:07 PM
Quote:
i have it all done i just need to know how to put it on the computer
Put in a flash drive in the PS3.
Go to the save file in the main PS3 menu, not within the show.
Press triangle and select copy to device.

# 24 Marino @ 04/08/08 02:10 PM
thank you...i have it up now with all the original equipment...and later tonight im gona put up some caps

# 25 Pared @ 04/08/08 02:21 PM
N/P man.

# 26 icicle22 @ 04/08/08 04:56 PM
Quote:
thank you...i have it up now with all the original equipment...and later tonight im gona put up some caps
You posted the file somewhere? If so I'd like to try it out if you don't mind posting a link.

Thanks.

# 27 Pared @ 04/08/08 04:57 PM
Gotta admit, this has hampered my excitement quite a bit. I wanted to start a 'chise last night that reflected this season.

# 28 SoxChamp @ 04/08/08 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Gotta admit, this has hampered my excitement quite a bit. I wanted to start a 'chise last night that reflected this season.
Me too. Looks like I'll be waiting another week.....at least.

# 29 Kolbe @ 04/08/08 05:21 PM
The bad news is, we will not be deploying a mid week roster to fix the accessory issue. The good news is, the fix (and even more updates) are coming next Monday.

-Kolbe

# 30 RoyalBoyle78 @ 04/08/08 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA
The bad news is, we will not be deploying a mid week roster to fix the accessory issue. The good news is, the fix (and even more updates) are coming next Monday.

-Kolbe
even more?

# 31 oldman @ 04/08/08 05:41 PM
Quote:

-Kolbe

Interested to see what the other updates will be.

# 32 callmetaternuts @ 04/08/08 05:43 PM
Quote:

-Kolbe
My guess is he means the next set of CAPS and movements based on this last week will be available.

# 33 b3ars4life @ 04/08/08 05:44 PM
also why are all of the players white? Alex Ramirez is cuban and is black not white i also heard jhonny cueto is white also???

# 34 huggerorange73 @ 04/08/08 06:01 PM
Quote:

-Kolbe
All I can say is SCEA is the model of how all software companies should conduct themselves.

Not only are these guys open to the community during development time, but they are supporting the product post release.

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 35 Scott @ 04/08/08 06:19 PM
Quote:

-Kolbe
Thanks Kolbe, you guys at SCEA are awesome..

# 36 Pared @ 04/08/08 06:32 PM
Quote:

-Kolbe
That's fine, I can live with that. Just as long as next week has the accessories fixed and the CAPs in, I'm good.

# 37 ps2baseball @ 04/08/08 06:49 PM
I started mine up last night. I am glad I did. Game 3, on the road, and my Sox are wearing Red jerseys with names on the back - a jersey that doesn't even exist. Makes it hard to worry about wrist bands when we can't seem to get the basic uniforms correct.

Oh yeah, and Game 2 the A's had black jersey's on - those don't exist either!

# 38 green94 @ 04/08/08 07:10 PM
Perhaps a patch is on the way?!

# 39 brunnoce @ 04/08/08 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
A's wore them a couple nights ago. So yes the Black ones do exist.
it exists, but the ones in the game are wrong..those are from the 2001 season!!!!
the new ones have "athletics" and the numbers written in white with a yellow boarder, while the ones in the game have it in green...

but at the same time im sure this is the A's fault...im pretty sure SCEA makes the unifroms they have on MLB style guide, casue thats problaby mandatory by MLB...so if a unifrm is wrong in the game, im sure its because its wrong int the style guide.

# 40 bcruise @ 04/08/08 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Perhaps a patch is on the way?!
That's what I was thinking. We'll never get him to say it (), but he did make a distinction between the normal roster updates and this Monday thing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.