Home
News Post

According to Pasta Padre, NBA Live 09 for the PC has also been cancelled. So what's next?

Quote:
"After hearing that Madden for the PC had been shut down it can’t come as a huge surprise that NBA Live will join it on the bench. While this has caused the PC community more angst the sales and piracy concerns don’t seem to warrant new releases in their current forms.

The only PC titles that would probably seem safe are Tiger Woods and FIFA, while NHL would appear to be another possible cut in the near future."

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Behindshadows @ 04/10/08 11:11 AM
Good, they need to focus on the consoles. Half the PC versions were running off of old engines and things like that. This gives us gamers a better chance at getting better console versions.

Hopefully! And I'm crossing my fingers, they can put more efforts towards PS3 and 360 versions with the new engines!

Only bad thing about PC, is the modding and updates! In which I don't see sports gaming on PC's such a large thing anymore. Its all about MMO and FPS. So its not going to be a big loss.

# 2 Tomba @ 04/10/08 11:32 AM
What's next?

2k9 being canceled altogether and many of the EA games being rehashes we all will be complaining about i reckon.

# 3 Pared @ 04/10/08 01:08 PM
If you really think there will be "more effort" because of the elimination of the PC game, you're kidding yourself.

It's simply a business move to cut the weight. They're feeling the pinch from the NFL exclusivity and they're doing whatever they need to keep the profits coming.

# 4 Behindshadows @ 04/10/08 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
If you really think there will be "more effort" because of the elimination of the PC game, you're kidding yourself.

It's simply a business move to cut the weight. They're feeling the pinch from the NFL exclusivity and they're doing whatever they need to keep the profits coming.

I said I was crossing my fingers! lol.

But I am sure about one thing, Live will be an improvement. Mike Wang (Beluba is on the team and project).

And I know for sure MM09 will draw in a lot of CH fans, I won't say why! But you'll see, I'll PM you later with that info!

# 5 eDotd @ 04/10/08 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
And I know for sure MM09 will draw in a lot of CH fans, I won't say why!
Because CH got canceled?

# 6 Behindshadows @ 04/10/08 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
Because CH got canceled?
that doesn't mean anything! people will just 2kshare the game, until they get tired of playing it.

Didn't you learn anything from ESPN NFL 2k5 They will keep it alive!

but no I have other reasons, that will definitely move a lot of fans over! talk about it later, when I can speak of why!

# 7 luv_mist @ 04/14/08 09:43 AM
Only reason I'm hurt with this move is the fact that they didn't even attempt to upgrade the engine for the PC. I was hoping that they'd at least put out a "Vista Version" for those who would be capable of running better graphics and what have you. That's one of the reasons why I wasn't too fond of trying to get a sports game on the PC. That's probably why their sales were so garbage on PC. I honestly wanted to get a game on the PC but most of the development time and love went to consoles. If this move does bring about a better game on consoles, I'm all for it. I hope that they eventually revisit the PC with a few basketball titles. Someone needs to come out with an excellent rendition of basketball on the PC. I wish 2K would have at least attempted for one year to put a game on there. Would have definitely been the holy grail. Was Inside Drive on PC??

# 8 jaosming @ 04/14/08 01:45 PM
Inside Drive was only released on the PC in 2000.

Behindshadows2, you said " Good, they need to focus on the consoles." Well bud, EA didn't even touch the PC version at all this past year. They created the PS2 version and HB Studios ported the PC version over which is why it came out 30 days later than the console releases. This means that even after cutting the PC version there is no additional time devoted for the console versions of 09. And I do believe there are separate teams, one for the 360/PS3 versions, and one for the PS2/Wii/PC versions.

If you guys did play a lot on the PC you can essentially pick whatever version you like and it is being updated over at www.nba-live.com forums. 08 and 07 have been updated all year so far, there is an 06 complete update being worked on now, 2005 had a couple rosters come out lately and all art has been updated earlier this year. I updated a 2004 roster + art after this announcement and there has been the TRU mod for 2003 which last updated after the deadline. Also the 2000 forum has seen some activity but I dont think there is anything going on yet for that version.

# 9 DC @ 04/17/08 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2

And I know for sure MM09 will draw in a lot of CH fans, I won't say why! But you'll see, I'll PM you later with that info!
- I won't dare jump on that ship

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.