Home
Madden 09 News Post

EA has just posted their first Madden NFL 09 Producer Blog.

Quote:
"This might be my favorite part of the job! Every year you guys find some of the most innovative ways to take advantage of our AI. Working on CG I thought of myself as a deputy of shenanigans, helping to fix everything from nano-blitzes to online disconnection cheats. And rest assured that this year will be no different! Let’s take a look at a few of the tricks we have already fixed this year:

-3 Man Front Nano- and other nano’ s of course
-Double Pass and HB Pass Plays
-Onside Kick Exploits
-Jump Catching and Spectacular Catch Exploits
-Online Disconnection Glitches- including the automotion offsides bug"

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jmood88 @ 04/13/08 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
well if that is your mindset going in, then you should have no reason to be disappointed in this year's game, since its going to happen.
It's happened every other year. Last year EA was supposed to have "gotten it" since they had this guy doing blogs every week but it was the same ol thing.

Quote:
I feel like we are past the transitional challenges and ups-and-downs that we experienced in the early years of Next Gen,
And it's only taken 4 years to do it!! Tiburon, just tell the truth. People wouldn't be as annoyed with the PR stuff if you just came out and said "we're making so much money that we really don't need to do anything".

# 22 jmood88 @ 04/13/08 06:48 PM
Quote:
And I disagree, people will criticize EA for anything.
It's not like they don't deserve to get criticized.

# 23 K_GUN @ 04/13/08 07:38 PM
lemmings just keep jumping off the ledge

# 24 countryboy @ 04/13/08 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
It's not like they don't deserve to get criticized.
to some degree, I agree that they do. But we both know that on these boards, EA gets bashed for just about anything they do.

# 25 jmood88 @ 04/13/08 08:24 PM
If they wouldn't treat their customers like they're idiots and bought up every license known to man then they wouldn't get criticized like this. Even with as much criticism as they've gotten they have just as many, if not more, defenders who will take any EA action and spin it into a positive("now that they don't have competition they can focus more on making a better game", "it's only the second year they've been on next gen systems lets wait until next year").

# 26 countryboy @ 04/13/08 10:28 PM
Quote:
If they wouldn't treat their customers like they're idiots and bought up every license known to man then they wouldn't get criticized like this. Even with as much criticism as they've gotten they have just as many, if not more, defenders who will take any EA action and spin it into a positive("now that they don't have competition they can focus more on making a better game", "it's only the second year they've been on next gen systems lets wait until next year").
I knew the "they bought up every license" argument would show up at some point. And as a fan of EA's products, I don't defend them by stating ridiculous statements or turning every negative into a positive. I figure out the positives and negatives of the game, decide whether or not its playable, and move on from there.

# 27 jmood88 @ 04/13/08 10:53 PM
Quote:
I knew the "they bought up every license" argument would show up at some point. And as a fan of EA's products, I don't defend them by stating ridiculous statements or turning every negative into a positive. I figure out the positives and negatives of the game, decide whether or not its playable, and move on from there.
Yeah it came up because it's a big reason for why people hate them.

# 28 countryboy @ 04/13/08 11:04 PM
Quote:
Yeah it came up because it's a big reason for why people hate them.
And I want to thank you for making my point.

# 29 BezO @ 04/15/08 12:21 PM
It's getting to point where EA's hype doesn't even address me any more. There wasn't a single thing mentioned that I'm seriously interested in. EA doesn't seem to even use the words simulation or realism in there hype anymore.

I know folks make fun of it, but is their motto still "If it's in the game..."?

# 30 allBthere @ 04/15/08 01:53 PM
Quote:
to some degree, I agree that they do. But we both know that on these boards, EA gets bashed for just about anything they do.
It's not hard to see why they get bashed alot; look at their products they put out ok- live, march madness, madden, etc. etc.. none of them are "Great"

now look at Rockstar - I don't see anyone bashing them because they put out spectacular products.
you can't hide behind the year dev cycle either since gta vice city was made in 8 months.

Triburon (sp?) just doesn't have the talent to go to the next level period. No one cares enough to do something 'ground-breaking'

and about 'best madden yet' comment - it's offensive because it's like, who cares if it's slightly better than '08, or '05 or whatever you think is the best, because it's a couple years behind where it should be. It's just not nearly good enough.

# 31 countryboy @ 04/15/08 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
and about 'best madden yet' comment - it's offensive because it's like, who cares if it's slightly better than '08, or '05 or whatever you think is the best, because it's a couple years behind where it should be. It's just not nearly good enough.
if my comment about this being the "best Madden yet" is offensive to you, then you are way to sensitive my friend.

the rest of that post we could argue back and forth, and frankly, I don't want to go thru all that. So we'll leave it at this. You have your opinion, and I have mine.

# 32 SteelerSpartan @ 04/15/08 06:20 PM
Nothing really to get excited about there, need to see way more to even get a grasp if this years game will finally put out

# 33 umd @ 04/16/08 12:08 AM
Quote:
And as a fan of EA's products, I don't defend them by stating ridiculous statements or turning every negative into a positive.
debateable.

There's plenty of fanboys in the bunch for every EA ***** - at least you admit it.

Madden has just been bad for too long time. There really isn't any motivation for them to make it any better - that's the reality. Sales are high - things are good. It's the same thing every year. Though, I do think Madden 08 was the most hyped (by EA and fanboys) we have ever seen - which led to it's being a rather large disappointment.

Is it the increased hype making the games a disappointment? Or is the disappointing games being released from that studio? Either way, seems the EA driven marketing gets ramped up every year.

The exclusive license is bad for football and sports in general. Baseball on 360 was weak on choices. Door swings both ways.

That being said - Take Two had their shot with APF and they dropped the ball. I thought it was a solid game but could have been better implemented (customizability) to re-gain a foothold in the market.

EA is football for now - deal with it. Blitz failed, APF failed, Backbreaker will most likely fail. Until someone makes a fully customizable generic game (not gonna happen) this is what we get.

Maybe lightening strikes and EA hits Madden out of the park this year? Though I know I've typed or seen that exact line somewhere before - maybe the last 5-6 years?

# 34 Sef0r @ 04/16/08 01:20 AM
not trying to get a job at EA like that Stephanomonic (sp?) guy from Maddenmania.com huh?

# 35 umd @ 04/16/08 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sef0r
not trying to get a job at EA like that Stephanomonic (sp?) guy from Maddenmania.com huh?
He was always a terrific fanboy over there. All the years paid off for him.

# 36 countryboy @ 04/16/08 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sef0r
Me?

No, I don't kiss butt to move up in the world, I kick butt and take what I want from the world.

# 37 SageInfinite @ 04/16/08 07:50 PM
Quote:
Me?

No, I don't kiss butt to move up in the world, I kick butt and take what I want from the world.
I like that

# 38 countryboy @ 04/16/08 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
I like that
thanks

# 39 edubbs @ 04/17/08 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I am willing to wait before I pass judgment but if I see a qb drop back 20 yards and throw a bomb then I am finish with the series.
I agree.

Before each release over the past 5 years, they will say "good luck trying that this year".

And each year it's still in the game. A so called simulation of the game of football, that has never had proper OL/DL interaction and a QB pocket......SMH.

That's why I'm waiting on 11 on 11 vids to determine any opinion with these games that EA/Tiborun are starting to hype up this year.

# 40 Sef0r @ 04/21/08 02:29 AM
Quote:
Me?

lol, I like that too

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.