Home
News Post

We have just posted some NCAA Football 09 stadium comparison screenshots. You can read about the details over at the official NCAA Football 09 website.

Quote:
"On Field Textures

"One thing we're really proud of this year is our field textures. The level of detail has improved quite a bit. You'll actually be able to see the difference between grass and synthetic turf, which is something that's totally new. We also have field degradation, so the field will see realistic wear and tear during the course of a game."

On Stadium Lighting

"In years past our stadium lighting has been really dark for the dusk games. This year we have separate lighting controls for the environment and the player, so when the player goes into a shadow, you'll still see the same level of detail you'd see in the full sun."

On The Fans

"Home stadiums have never felt more alive. In the past our crowd colors used to be more mixed with neutral colors, but this year we're showing off the home crowd's colors in a big way. Inside the stadiums it's very clear which fans are supporting which team. There are pockets in the stadiums with sections full of visiting team fans."

On Other Improvements

"There are a lot of other detail related things we've done to make the stadiums feel more authentic. There is fog that adds more depth to the fields in the larger stadiums, mow lines during snow games, and more dramatic skies that help to improve the environments."

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 sooners03 @ 04/13/08 08:37 PM
Here's the question... has EA fixed things like having cheerleaders @ TAMU? That always annoyed the crap out of me- Not having the Yell guys there. And random schools having cannon that don't in real life.

I sold mine, so I can't look- does Wyoming still have that funny 1979 Winnebago in the endzone? It was there in lastgen 07, it cracked me up.

# 82 BezO @ 04/16/08 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
Is there anyone else that all this little extra stuff doesnt bother? I mean I seriously could careless about how great the crowd looks or if theres cheerleaders,fg nets, ref's ect......... What is comes down too is how good the game plays. What good would all that eye candy stuff be if the gameplay has to suffer because of the time being spent on the little thing.
What bothers me is that we still have to be concerned with either. Gameplay should not be this bad, this far into the new gen systems('08).

Quote:
In my opinion they need to take a year to focus on the most important thing in the game (GAMEPLAY) Overhaul it and then add all the toppings after that. Cause after a few times saying wow fg nets are in the game , there gonna be forgotten about in 2-3 games played. Same with everything else ref's,sideline's,fans ect....
According to EA reps, that's what they did last year. If they considered '08 the gameplay improvement year... well, don't expect many improvements in '09.

Quote:
So far what Ive seen has looked really good but again its all for not if the gameplay remains the same. Not that it is bad but it must get alot better imo. There are still fundemental aspects of the game that are flawed, like a pocket forming for the qb, or Defensive Ends that attack up field but also contain the outsides.
I wouldn't assume that folks complaining about nets & refs aren't more concerned with gameplay. 1st, all we have to talk about right now are screens(I love the folks that complain about people's complaints this early in development. Should we look at the pics in silence and not comment?). 2nd, folks shouldn't have to preface their complaints with, "Though I think gameplay is more important..." Complaining about one thing doesn't mean you're satisfied with another.

Quote:
IMO we need more people bringing up the things that really matter instead of all the little things that should come after a solid foundation is built.
The overwhelming majority of complaints I see on these boards are about gameplay. Try a search for "QB Pocket", "Player Interaction", "Animations", "AI", "Interceptions", "Blocking"...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.