Home
News Post

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 J-Unit40 @ 04/16/08 10:49 PM
I see Tebow's facemask is still hideous. Seriously, the dude won the Heisman. At least get him a legit facemask. I know it's petty, but hundreds of college football players are wearing that facemask and it appears EA still hasn't put it in the game.

Sorry for being petty, but some little things fire us all up sometimes.

# 82 ODogg @ 04/16/08 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I see Tebow's facemask is still hideous. Seriously, the dude won the Heisman. At least get him a legit facemask. I know it's petty, but hundreds of college football players are wearing that facemask and it appears EA still hasn't put it in the game.

Sorry for being petty, but some little things fire us all up sometimes.
Quit complaining, at least you didn't have the indignity of your entire teams' facemasks being the wrong colors (Buckeyes being white instead of gray in 2007).

# 83 J-Unit40 @ 04/16/08 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Quit complaining, at least you didn't have the indignity of your entire teams' facemasks being the wrong colors (Buckeyes being white instead of gray in 2007).
That was ridiculous. I was even ticked about that and I root against the Buckeyes.

# 84 BigL @ 04/16/08 11:03 PM
Seriously does anybody play the mascot game? I cant think of anything more worthless. THey can take the time and data that they put into that and use it to improve other more important areas of the game.

# 85 Jethown @ 04/16/08 11:09 PM
The trailer looks great! But then again it's just a trailer...

# 86 kenneth33 @ 04/16/08 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
These thoughts have been mentioned but as a Big XII kind of guy (and more importantly an Oklahoma guy) these things have me excited:

The RRS is in the Cotton bowl AND the crowd is split down the 50 yard line in the vid. Hooray!

Okie State's stadium expansion is in.

Otherwise, stadiums look better, game looks better overall. Instead of the cartoony look they've toned down the colors quite a bit, which is a huge plus.

I'm worried the wide open gameplay is going to result in unrealistic results with guys juking and doing unhumanlike stuff. HOWEVER, I honestly just want the game to be fun. I have never asked for a perfect sim as long as I can have fun with the game (as I think a perfect sim would actually suck). So here's to hoping the fun factor is back in 09.

I also might add that the audible system I proposed on MaddenMania right after NCAA was released last year looks like it is *kinda* in the game. I went into detail on a very similar system and Christmas Cards can be sent to me later.
I don't know you but i like the way you think!!!There are alot of ppl on here who get made that the game is not sim but they forget about the fun part i mean is that not why play games to have fun??pp get alittle to mad hell they can't make everyboby happy!!! I want my game to play sim- i what my game fast and fun- i don't care i just want to play some football..... That's alot of different gameplay...

# 87 J-Unit40 @ 04/16/08 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
Seriously does anybody play the mascot game? I cant think of anything more worthless. THey can take the time and data that they put into that and use it to improve other more important areas of the game.
7-year olds maybe. Pretty much worthless IMO.

# 88 SageInfinite @ 04/17/08 01:11 AM
Quote:
7-year olds maybe. Pretty much worthless IMO.
Yea same here. Maybe I'll get drunk enough 1 night to try it if I get the game. Nah I'd probably pass out before I play a mascot game.

# 89 MSchneider84 @ 04/17/08 01:28 AM
Video looks awesome, but Ohio State wears black socks, not white! That may seem stupid to some other people, but I need my schools uniforms perfect!

# 90 janglar @ 04/17/08 01:44 AM
I'm liking what I see so far out of the video, but the proof will be in the gameplay. I'm also interested to see how many alternate uniforms they have in the game, and if they are the updated ones.

# 91 Tomba @ 04/17/08 01:59 AM
hmmm again NCAA 09 will better better than madden just like last years i gather...

# 92 tehova @ 04/17/08 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker78
hell yeah, ECU always comes out to Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix which I will definitely put in.
quoted for truff

# 93 ex carrabba fan @ 04/17/08 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I see how this new control over jukes has already gone wrong. Did I see someone do a spin, then IMMEDIATELY spin in the other direction? I hope that's not their idea of more control.
Quote:

- Very fluid, almost too fluid by looking at the Miami RB. He does a spin move and then spins back in the other direction without breaking stride or anything (scratches head).
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The quick spin move in the opposite direction is another, although I am not to sure, they weren't trying for a fake spin move in that sequence.
That didn't look too natural.. and neither did a lot of the jukes they showed.. seemed stiff and slow or something.

Still got me a little more upbeat about the game.. the celebrations though, why can't they just have the players greet and do the mid air shoulder bump the player who scores?? Usually in college when a player scores, they aren't isolated alone to celebrate on their own.. especially with a mascot. Just have the players mob him no cut scene required. Little stuff like that takes a lot away from the experience.

# 94 noplace @ 04/17/08 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
they still got some ways to go, jukes seem overboard, hopefully we will be allowed to correct with sliders or so. secondly if you pause during the illinois game (where the audibles where) you can see LBs bending over touching there toes before the snap and a DL missing half of his body.
Yeah I saw that...They need to fix the morphing & collision detection. When watching the HD on my laptop them jukes looked very smooth, other than that double spin & that FSU RB step back the others looked pretty realistic. I just hope they fix the OL/DL & CB/WR play.

# 95 KG @ 04/17/08 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
they still got some ways to go, jukes seem overboard, hopefully we will be allowed to correct with sliders or so. secondly if you pause during the illinois game (where the audibles where) you can see LBs bending over touching there toes before the snap and a DL missing half of his body.
I noticed the exact same thing although it could be just an early build or whatever. The jukes do look a little ridiculous but they were turned down in last years game so I'm not too worried about it. The double spin was a little iffy, maybe if the 2nd defender hit Miami's RB and forced him to spin back I would have believed it.

# 96 noplace @ 04/17/08 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
There is a great deal of clipping going on there at that point too. Guys looking deformed and what not. They'll fix that most likely. Ohhh but I know they better fix the way the linebackers line up on NG NCAA on short yardage. It's straight bunk what they do. They line up on the line in between the linemen, pushing their guys offsides and what not, pretty messed up. I don't want to see any of that. Also, FB Dive better not still be a money run in short yardage situations.
LMAO! You did not just say bunk LB...How old are you? You are correct about the short yardage play in all EA games. That is a area no game has been able to implement. FB dives & QB sneaks are like money plays & should be clogged sometimes. Where's the true goaline play? Pile ups etc? They need to do a better job with the jump snap too. I really hope they fix the QB animations too. QB drops need to be more fluid.

# 97 chisoxmofo @ 04/17/08 08:55 AM
I just can't get excited about EA football anymore after reading and seeing all the information/videos for Backbreaker. This entire engine seems like a horizontal move from last-gen to current. The physics, animations, even graphics, do not seem to really take advantage of the technology. This engine needs euphoria, i feel like both Madden and NCAA have been the same game (even worse in some cases) since last-gen. I would love to see the entire engine overhauled to use some of the newer technologies that are coming out, but i dont think that's going to happen until the next batch of consoles

# 98 noplace @ 04/17/08 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
How strange in 2008 and on Next Gen consoles we are talking about EA getting juke moves, morphing, & collision correct. EA is promoting better control (fluid), wide open game play, blah blah blah. Wasn't all of this done before?? Didn't we have a game that included all of the above?? Hopefully if they get over on their take over, they will allow the dev team in place show them how it is done!

It is hard to get excited over a game that is light years behind. We are settling for new fluid controls, juke moves, etc. All of this was done before and EA is promoting like it is something never seen or done. Impress me by revamping the entire logic, animation, and physic. Bring me real football with no gimmicks, stale and redundant animations, and pre-canned results.
Thats the main problem, I'm starting to believe they just dont have the talent to do it...Plus we have no choice & they know it. I have always hoped that if they couldn't beat the competition they would just join them. Hire them or something but its getting to the point where I accept EA for who they are. A rich underachieving juggernaut with some serious pimp tactics....It is what it is, once you get to that point you just have to take it with a grain of salt or just dont buy the damn game...ino

# 99 noplace @ 04/17/08 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxmofo
I just can't get excited about EA football anymore after reading and seeing all the information/videos for Backbreaker. This entire engine seems like a horizontal move from last-gen to current. The physics, animations, even graphics, do not seem to really take advantage of the technology. This engine needs euphoria, i feel like both Madden and NCAA have been the same game (even worse in some cases) since last-gen. I would love to see the entire engine overhauled to use some of the newer technologies that are coming out, but i dont think that's going to happen until the next batch of consoles
You're 100% correct...The thing is, once the newness of Backbreakers gameplay wears off, the main issue will resurface to haunt the franchise...Licensing!!! No matter how good the game is the lack of licensing will eventually kill the franchise...Hopefully EA will by it & actually use it.... Damn you EA

# 100 chisoxmofo @ 04/17/08 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
You're 100% correct...The thing is, once the newness of Backbreakers gameplay wears off, the main issue will resurface to haunt the franchise...Licensing!!! No matter how good the game is the lack of licensing will eventually kill the franchise...Hopefully EA will by it & actually use it.... Damn you EA
I have a hunch that Backbreaker is really just a bait move by the developer. They want to dangle the engine in front of EA so that they bite and either purchase the studio or the engine. I know that's what i would do.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.