Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Cardot @ 04/17/08 09:49 AM
That video definately got me a bit pumped.....ofcourse so did this one:

This one wasn't too bad:

# 102 BSherrod @ 04/17/08 09:55 AM
Little did we know that stadium fly-bys where all that we were going to get and not just for the trailer.

# 103 poster @ 04/17/08 10:00 AM
I want to be excited, but I am skeptical. I love college football and always look forward to this game. The problem is that I never end up playing it that long as a myriad of issues plague the game.

It's nice that they are bringing back the old items, but every year when the game shapes up something obvious is always missing. Do we really have to go another year w/o formation specific substitutions? What happened to better presentation? Yes the sidelines are full, that's it? I hope there is more to presentation. This is the year 2008 right?

As I have gotten older, the time I have to play games has dwindled. Still love it and play as often as I can, but not as often. In the past I was primarily a sports gamer, but that has started to change. Year after year no matter the sport, no matter the company making it, the bugs and in some cases downright awful logic has started to drive me away. I try to have fun, and in some cases I still do, but again something is missing. Kind of like Simon's "buying a hamburger and not getting any meat" quote on Idol the other night. LOL.

A couple of week’s back I read a story on OS linked from IGN or another site about the new Metal Gear Solid 4 game. The producers of the game invited media members to play the game for a couple of days and report what they found with issues and what not so that the game could be fine tuned to make it better. When are EA or other sports gaming companies going to start to do this? The Community Day event should be during the heart of the development period as the gamers that attend can help to make the game better.

As much as I try to avoid reading on bugs, odds are something will plague this game too. I wish sports games came out every two years so they had time to make the game what it should be. Considering how I feel most of the time after I plunk down $60 for a sports game, I would pay $200 for games like GTA IV, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, MGS 4, etc. In short with so many great games out there, I no longer need to play sports games like I once felt I did. I still enjoy some, but most of the time I find that there are better ways to spend my gaming time. I'll say a prayer now and hope that this year's version is different.

# 104 LBzrule @ 04/17/08 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
After watching the vid again, you have to ask yourself, "How much of this is actual in-game footage?" In the formation sets you never see them snap the ball and all other footage seems to be rendered.

Looks like a good movie so far (so did 08 when they released the trailer and that game IMO was terrible!), but until I see actual game footage then I will determine if I am going to let EA sucker me for my loot!
Game footage is in there. Go to the part where it says formation specific audibles

# 105 LBzrule @ 04/17/08 11:32 AM
Quote:
What up LBz. I watched it again and did not see it. I saw the actual footage while in formation, but this was pre-snap.
Right that's why I put the frown cause it looks very similar to some of the funky things that happen pre-snap from 07 and 08. But I know what you mean, you want to see them moving. I'd say just based on that presnap and the graphic clipping going on there and the funky things going on with the linebackers and defensive line, that it might be intentional that nobody sees anything moving at this point. They are working to clear that up before anyone sees real gameplay. This was the same spot in the video that I notice outside shade tech by the Corners. They have a long ways to go and a short time to get there, we'll see how it all comes together.

# 106 spankdatazz22 @ 04/17/08 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
This was the same spot in the video that I notice outside shade tech by the Corners. They have a long ways to go and a short time to get there, we'll see how it all comes together.
Yeah, gameplay video will be the telltale. Will be interesting to see if the movement/placement have meaning or is just there for show

# 107 SageInfinite @ 04/17/08 12:03 PM
Quote:
Agreed. I hope they put out a Demo on live before the actual sale of the game. I doubt it though.
Well the had demos for 07 and 08 so I don't see why they wouldn't for 09.

# 108 BezO @ 04/17/08 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxmofo
I just can't get excited about EA football anymore after reading and seeing all the information/videos for Backbreaker. This entire engine seems like a horizontal move from last-gen to current. The physics, animations, even graphics, do not seem to really take advantage of the technology. This engine needs euphoria, i feel like both Madden and NCAA have been the same game (even worse in some cases) since last-gen. I would love to see the entire engine overhauled to use some of the newer technologies that are coming out, but i dont think that's going to happen until the next batch of consoles
Although Backbreaker doesn't look like a game I'd be interested in, their animations were waaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond what EA has shown. Every tackle in their vid was better than every tackle I've ever seen in an EA game. I know the primary focus for EA is money, but pride doesn't seem to even be on the list.

I wish my tastes weren't so against the grain. It pains me to see this much positive feedback for an EA trailer. I can only guess that those folks actually liked last year's EA games or have forgotten how much better EA's trailers are than their actual releases.

I can almost hear EA execs lauging in the background, thinking, "we got'em again".

# 109 Bootzilla @ 04/17/08 12:45 PM
The only games I really play anymore are football and basketball games. When July rolls around I usually haven't touched the 360 for a couple of months so, NCAA usually gets me pumped. I'm a lot less picky about things like refs and chain gangs. Just give me a good game with no glaring GAMEPLAY or STATISTICAL flaws out of the box. I'm tired of waitng for games to be patched after the bowl season before the major (game killing) flaws are fixed.

The juke moves do concern me. I like the USC back cutting back against the grain but the Miami backs move was ridiculous. No way can you go into a spin and reverse out of it on a dime. For all of those that hated the momentum in EA games this is going way too far in the opposite direction if you ask me. If someone pulls off that move it should be followed by the old Madden ambulance and a torn ACL ha ha.

Formation audibles-Yes!!!!!!!
Formation subs-?????
Easier depth chart navigation-??????
Specific punt and kickoff returners not starting runningbacks and receivers(unless they do indeed return kicks and punts)-??????
Better line interaction-?????
Better WR/DB interaction??????
Better QB touch/trajectory on passes-?????????
Cpu QB throw deep-?????
Lower completion % of deep balls-??????
Vince Carter vertical LB's-???????
More under/overthrown/just out of the reach passes that fall incomplete instead of interceptions-?????
Roster sharing like College Hoops2k8-?????
Are all of the stadiums in now-?????? Kibbie Dome (University of Idaho)

Stadiums and lighting look excellent as do the player models. Sidelines look more alive. I'm just ready to return to having fun again. I hope NCAA 09 delivers.

# 110 powerful @ 04/17/08 04:48 PM
I was somewhat impressed by the trailer. It looks like they finally got the stadiums and the atmosphere right. I hope some of those people on the sidelines are custom assistant coaches. I also hope they let you select more than just two captains and that the captains that you select can come out for the coin toss like in the real game. The juke moves look a a bit too superman-ish but I can deal with it. Being that they are pushing the wide-open gameplay angle, I hope that doesnt mean that they gave the super juke ability to everyone. That would be cheese city.The player models look terrific and I love the custom music feature... hope that works well. The autibles look top noch... good job EA!

I noticed something when observing the recruit. He was a Defensive Tackle and weighed 261 pounds. Im hoping that this is a sign that we'll see realistic attributes associated with the recruits in this year's title. In the past, there have been way too many recruits who are either 6'6 325 with a 500 pound bench press and an 800 pound squat as well *** way too many guys who run a sub 4.3 forty.... strait out of high school...way too unrealistic... Lets hope they get it right this time around. The lack of refs, chain gang and field goal nets is disappointing yet I believe they still have enough time to get those small features in. The mascot game is rediculous and need be banished although I know they constantly include it because its easy to do so.

The team specific magazines are a nice touch since there realistically isnt a Sports Illustrated or ESPN weekly college magazine in existance. The glitch where the opposite teams mascot celebrates with the play from the opposite team need be fixed ASAP.... Overall, still a long way to go and getting there slowly but surely.

# 111 countryboy @ 04/17/08 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
Seriously does anybody play the mascot game? I cant think of anything more worthless. THey can take the time and data that they put into that and use it to improve other more important areas of the game.
my fiance' plays the mascot game.

# 112 Soonerd2 @ 04/17/08 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerful
The glitch where the opposite teams mascot celebrates with the play from the opposite team need be fixed ASAP.... Overall, still a long way to go and getting there slowly but surely.
Just a guess but, I don't think it's a glitch. I think the mascot was mocking the player. He seemed like he was falling over or something.

# 113 countryboy @ 04/17/08 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
Just a guess but, I don't think it's a glitch. I think the mascot was mocking the player. He seemed like he was falling over or something.
same here. I am not convinced that its a glitch, but rather a celebration.

# 114 rudyjuly2 @ 04/17/08 07:48 PM
Trailers are nice but until you actually get your hands on it or see an extended gameplay video, you really can't tell much either way. I liked what I saw although I did notice the spin forward and backwards move which seemed to defy physics. I do want the game to be fun and if its a little on the arcade side, fine by me. I want more break neck moves and wide open gameplay like the PS2 had. As long as its balanced in the run vs. the pass and the cpu gives me a challenge, I'm sure I'll like it.

I agree with what Chris from MM said. Fun is the most important factor and I have a good feeling about '09. I think it will be really good although I doubt it will be perfect. As long as the cpu QB AI is fixed, I should be pretty happy. If you hated '08, I don't know how '09 will make you happy. But many of us liked '08 or with some fixes to a couple key areas, many more will be really happy with '09.

# 115 ChicagoChris @ 04/17/08 08:03 PM
Wow.,..that looks...dare I say...really good!

Was that a personal foul penalty I saw? :0

# 116 NINJAK2 @ 04/17/08 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Looked like every other EA trailer that hyped more than it delivered. 5 years ago, this might have peaked my interest.

I see how this new control over jukes has already gone wrong. Did I see someone do a spin, then IMMEDIATELY spin in the other direction? I hope that's not their idea of more control.
co-sign on jukes. I think in order to be as realistic as possible you have to reduce control just a little so you are not seeing sequences like that too often. Some people don't like being held hostage to an extent to animations but for the visualization of reality you must relenquish some imo.

Trailer looks good though.

# 117 muggins @ 04/18/08 09:48 AM
I couldn't care less about most of it, but the online dynasty may sell the game for me. I really can't believe they put in the interception shot and the mascot games in the trailer D:

# 118 irontesh @ 04/18/08 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
I couldn't care less about most of it, but the online dynasty may sell the game for me. I really can't believe they put in the interception shot and the mascot games in the trailer D:

Mascot part was included to appeal to the Wii crowd. Solid marketing technique.

# 119 bad_philanthropy @ 04/18/08 07:56 PM
Something strange I noticed in the trailer is that Oklahoma is shown wearing two different jerseys. Doesn't mean anything, but shows that the various clips were probably from different early stages of the game's development. The Utopia podcast also talked about the glitched out LB's, and also the vanishing helmet of the South Carolina player, just strange that EA would let stuff like that go in a trailer.

# 120 rudyjuly2 @ 04/18/08 10:47 PM
I think the Show guys had numbers or names in the wrong spots on alpha versions of their game for teams. This is pretty early. I'm not worried about some of that stuff. They just have to read this forum to determine what they need to fix before release. The Show developers did and I'm positive there are EA guys that follow all of the big message boards like this.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.