Home
News Post

Pasta Padre has posted a article called NCAA Football 09 Hands-on Time This Week.

Quote:
"We are expecting the latest build and we have been given free reign to discuss anything about it. Originally I had imagined a restricted build similar to what we used to get at E3 but apparently it will be the full thing. That means we’ll be able to dig into aspects such as online dynasty menus, campus legend changes, ect."

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 geraldparr @ 04/21/08 11:39 PM
pasta, pleeeeeeeaaaaassee take pics if you can, especially of off the field features (i.e. dynasty mode, online dynasty)...and also, the producers have said recruiting will be more "accessible" and not as cumbersome as last year...could you ask them exactly what changes have been made....thanks!!

# 2 Jethown @ 04/21/08 11:48 PM
Can't wait.

# 3 Crimsontide27 @ 04/22/08 06:51 AM
Lets be honest with ourselves here. Pasta is a community rep for EA and has a biased view on these products.

I wish they would give a hands on with someone that was impartial and not have anything to gain or lose from a hands on impressions.

Pasta will post his impressions and they will all proclaim this year to be the greatest, then when the peanut gallery gets ahold of the game, they realize its the same story as it has always been.

Past history proves this.

# 4 pastapadre @ 04/22/08 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldparr
pasta, pleeeeeeeaaaaassee take pics if you can, especially of off the field features (i.e. dynasty mode, online dynasty)...and also, the producers have said recruiting will be more "accessible" and not as cumbersome as last year...could you ask them exactly what changes have been made....thanks!!
I haven't clarified if we'll be able to take pictures/videos yet but I'll see what I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Lets be honest with ourselves here. Pasta is a community rep for EA and has a biased view on these products.

I wish they would give a hands on with someone that was impartial and not have anything to gain or lose from a hands on impressions.

Pasta will post his impressions and they will all proclaim this year to be the greatest, then when the peanut gallery gets ahold of the game, they realize its the same story as it has always been.

Past history proves this.
Well you must not have read my thoughts out of past events if thats what you believe (I was easily the least enthused with Madden last year and I chose not to go to the NCAA one). It'll probably be closer in feel to the NBA Live event where issues were pointed out and then we got to see how they improved on them by release time. Regardless because of the timing things will be more informational than opinionated. It wouldn't make much sense to try and communicate extensive thoughts of a game that is still very much not finished.

# 5 SteelerSpartan @ 04/22/08 08:55 AM
Someone has to ask em the technical stuff, these games have been stock full of bugs/glitches and I think its time we consumers get more info about that side of the game prior to release...

Like will the depth chart get reset if we edit any player on a team????...........

That annoyed the hell out me and if its the game again I'll go insane

# 6 SageInfinite @ 04/22/08 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethown
Can't wait.
Ditto. Pasta are you allowed to capture footage?

# 7 pastapadre @ 04/22/08 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Ditto. Pasta are you allowed to capture footage?
Not sure yet but I'm hoping we will be. I'll try and find out for certain later today.

# 8 SageInfinite @ 04/22/08 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre
Not sure yet but I'm hoping we will be. I'll try and find out for certain later today.
Thanx in advance . Can't wait for later this week.

# 9 J-Unit40 @ 04/22/08 10:39 AM
Please check to see if the CPU QB AI has improved and the CPU thrown INTs have been toned down to realistic standards.

Also, check to see that the spread option run plays work appropriately this year. The speed option was too easy to break for long runs last year and some of the slot option plays were almost an automatic 20 yard gain if you pitched to the WR.

Thanks for helping us get our NCAA info fix Pasta.

# 10 Tomba @ 04/22/08 10:43 AM
pasta please take notice of one thing that i thought they got absolutely right. the lighitn through the day and night and rain games from last year. see if it's been improved or absolutely hacked.

Also check grass textures and snow and rain effects...

I'm getting the Wii version for gameplay and next gen ONLY IF it has next gen graphics...

# 11 BezO @ 04/22/08 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre
Regardless because of the timing things will be more informational than opinionated. It wouldn't make much sense to try and communicate extensive thoughts of a game that is still very much not finished.
So more hype? If you're only relaying info and not giving your opinion, how will this be any different from an EA advertisement?

# 12 pastapadre @ 04/22/08 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
So more hype? If you're only relaying info and not giving your opinion, how will this be any different from an EA advertisement?
I would think you would want the information? I know things like how home field advantage works, how online dynasty works, are things that intrigue me. Correct me if I'm wrong there. I'm not saying that I won't have opinion mixed in too, its just that there has to be some perspective on where the game is at this point. If I don't like something I'll certainly mention it but more in hopes of it being addressed prior to release (and that I had made a point of it) than making a final judgment.

# 13 kcooper47 @ 04/22/08 11:48 AM
I'd like to know how many players can join a single online dynasty. I'm hoping for 12 (an entire conference) but preparing for less than that.

# 14 muggins @ 04/22/08 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcooper47
I'd like to know how many players can join a single online dynasty. I'm hoping for 12 (an entire conference) but preparing for less than that.
Very good question

edit: I think online dynasty is really the biggest thing to get info about. Online dynasty will sell a lot of people on this game. Hell if they have the turnover issue again I'll still buy it if online dynasty is done right.

# 15 pastapadre @ 04/22/08 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
Very good question

edit: I think online dynasty is really the biggest thing to get info about. Online dynasty will sell a lot of people on this game. Hell if they have the turnover issue again I'll still buy it if online dynasty is done right.
While obviously I won't be able to play it I'll definitely dig into the menus and options which should tell a lot about it.

# 16 beau21 @ 04/22/08 12:16 PM
Pasta -
if you can, please try and find out how similar the weather effects will be to Madden..

are we going to have the snow accumulate? footsteps? plowed yard lines? splashes when people run through rain puddles? etc.

thanks!

also.. assuming you haven't already left, what time are you going to be meeting them?

# 17 pastapadre @ 04/22/08 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1221
Pasta -
if you can, please try and find out how similar the weather effects will be to Madden..

are we going to have the snow accumulate? footsteps? plowed yard lines? splashes when people run through rain puddles? etc.

thanks!

also.. assuming you haven't already left, what time are you going to be meeting them?
I'm taking the red eye tonight and will be there early tomorrow. I believe that tomorrow and during the day on Thursday will bring time with the game but little to no producer interaction. Its Thursday evening that we'll have more of an opportunity to speak with them. But we'll see, I'm not sure how everything is going to lay out until we're there.

# 18 rudyjuly2 @ 04/22/08 12:48 PM
Can't wait for your impressions Pasta. Please tell me that you will get significant playing time against the cpu and not just against other humans? Last year's community day featured human vs. human gaming 99% of the time and they completely missed the bad cpu QB AI. How they didn't report the poor passing trajectories (until the patch) was beyond me as well.

What I'm looking forward to hearing about:
  • cpu QB AI
  • wide-open gameplay changes
  • DL pass rush moves/techniques (can you have an outside rush?)
  • player weight (too little weight or momentum to players last year)
  • multiple camera angles, in game saves

# 19 pastapadre @ 04/22/08 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Can't wait for your impressions Pasta. Please tell me that you will get significant playing time against the cpu and not just against other humans? Last year's community day featured human vs. human gaming 99% of the time and they completely missed the bad cpu QB AI. How they didn't report the poor passing trajectories (until the patch) was beyond me as well.

What I'm looking forward to hearing about:
  • cpu QB AI
  • wide-open gameplay changes
  • DL pass rush moves/techniques (can you have an outside rush?)
  • player weight (too little weight or momentum to players last year)
  • multiple camera angles, in game saves
I think we'll have the opportunity to get some single player time in sure. I know those are things that we would want to evaluate and give feedback regarding if they seem off. Thanks for the suggestions.

# 20 beau21 @ 04/22/08 01:09 PM
Pasta-
Also, if you can, find out what all situations we can use custom music for..

(i'm still hoping for team entrances and custom entrance music as an option)

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.