Home
News Post

GameSpot has posted a video clip showing off NCAA Football 09 with Dave Ross, the Project Lead.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 booker21 @ 04/26/08 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I swear...when I hear Peter Moore jabber on about "wide open gameplay", blah blah blah I want to punch him in the face. The run around, run around, throw deep offense seems to be in full effect, regardless of if he is playing on freshman difficulty.

And Petey...NO ONE CELEBRATES WITH THE DAMN MASCOT!

How hard is it to show a cutscene of the team RUNNING ONTO THE FIELD?!! Honestly...I'm serious.

That would help the "atmosphere" Petey.

Sorry, I'm just venting over stuff that should have been in and STAYED IN this series YEARS AGO.

Still plan on buying it but Good lord I wish there were some guys in charge of this game that UNDERSTAND FOOTBALL. Not a bunch of geeks who have no clue that in reality....football games aren't 65-60 explosions with 17 turnovers a game and 3 penalties.

End of rant.
agree!!!!!!!!!!!

# 42 jdrhammer @ 04/26/08 12:57 AM
On a positive note. One small thing(something I've wanted for years) I noticed was a scene with 3 TN defenders and one of them had socks up to the bottom of his calf, like on the old NCAA's and two others had the short ones. I hope sock length is an equipment option.

I would like to see FL with white and blue shoes, as well as all other teams' colors.

# 43 SageInfinite @ 04/26/08 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
On a positive note. One small thing(something I've wanted for years) I noticed was a scene with 3 TN defenders and one of them had socks up to the bottom of his calf, like on the old NCAA's and two others had the short ones. I hope sock length is an equipment option.

I would like to see FL with white and blue shoes, as well as all other teams' colors.
Hopefully it makes it in but 07 had this on its E3 build as well.

# 44 SageInfinite @ 04/26/08 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Nice looking game. The game look way too fast. If they could fix the qb ai then this could be a playable game but I need a pocket in a football game.
Co-Sign.

# 45 Scott @ 04/26/08 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Nice looking game. The game look way too fast. If they could fix the qb ai then this could be a playable game but I need a pocket in a football game.
I agree...games looks way too fast..

# 46 noplace @ 04/26/08 08:42 AM
LOl @ EA...Are the DE's running man to man with the OT's & RB? Damn EA you can ruin a good game by not implementing the basic fundamentals of football. I dont care what mode it was on the DE's are supposed to contain & come up filed on passing & option plays. Is this so hard to do?

I mean just add the damn animations & it should be played depending on how good a DE's awareness is...On the play where Tebow rolls out the DE follows the RB to the Left side of the field leaving the Right side wide open. WTF? This game has so much portential but EA cant get football right, I mean just look at the guys playing it. NERDS!!!! He is playing on the easiest level yet still abusing the exploits. The game looks damn good though, hopefully on All American & Heisman it plays more discipline.

# 47 edubbs @ 04/26/08 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
LOl @ EA...Are the DE's running man to man with the OT's & RB? Damn EA you can ruin a good game by not implementing the basic fundamentals of football. I dont care what mode it was on the DE's are supposed to contain & come up filed on passing & option plays. Is this so hard to do?

I mean just add the damn animations & it should be played depending on how good a DE's awareness is...On the play where Tebow rolls out the DE follows the RB to the Left side of the field leaving the Right side wide open. WTF? This game has so much portential but EA cant get football right, I mean just look at the guys playing it. NERDS!!!! He is playing on the easiest level yet still abusing the exploits. The game looks damn good though, hopefully on All American & Heisman it plays more discipline.
You are 100% correct.

Until their football games get a realistic QB pocket and containment by the DE's, NCAA nor Madden can never be considered simulations.

The OL/DL play looks absolutely horrid as usual in this vid.

# 48 billysims @ 04/26/08 09:21 AM
Looks great, but I see a game w/ an awful lot of emphasis on offense and precious little on defense.

Me thinks it'll be an offline game primarily for me this year.

# 49 billysims @ 04/26/08 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace

I mean just add the damn animations & it should be played depending on how good a DE's awareness is...On the play where Tebow rolls out the DE follows the RB to the Left side of the field leaving the Right side wide open. WTF? This game has so much portential but EA cant get football right, I mean just look at the guys playing it.
The company is led by a Brit, so I no longer expect much.

The game reeks of being catered to how 10 year-old Timmy wants to play with his friends.

I'm sure their soccer games will improve going forward, so they'll have THAT going for them, which is nice.....

# 50 billysims @ 04/26/08 09:28 AM
Quote:
I swear...when I hear Peter Moore jabber on about "wide open gameplay", blah blah blah I want to punch him in the face. The run around, run around, throw deep offense seems to be in full effect, regardless of if he is playing on freshman difficulty.

And Petey...NO ONE CELEBRATES WITH THE DAMN MASCOT!

How hard is it to show a cutscene of the team RUNNING ONTO THE FIELD?!! Honestly...I'm serious.

That would help the "atmosphere" Petey.

Sorry, I'm just venting over stuff that should have been in and STAYED IN this series YEARS AGO.

Still plan on buying it but Good lord I wish there were some guys in charge of this game that UNDERSTAND FOOTBALL. Not a bunch of geeks who have no clue that in reality....football games aren't 65-60 explosions with 17 turnovers a game and 3 penalties.

End of rant.
Co-sign this rant....

# 51 hawkeyekid @ 04/26/08 09:38 AM
I know not everyone will agree with me but no entrances, mascot celebrations, no pregame or post game show does not equal improved atmosphere.

I've been to the last 10 years of Iowa football games and never once did I see a player celebrate with a mascot.

I wish someone would work at EA that actually watches college football. I know the guys that make NHL 08 do, same with the guys who made NBA and NCAA 2k8 and MLB 08.

I would wet my pants if they had a couple generic entrances. I would jump up and down if my player scored, celebrated with his teammates (I actually didn't mind celebrations last year), the band played the fight song but got quiet when I kicked my PAT, and then they showed the TD, showed stats, etc. That's the way it happens on TV, why not on a video game.

# 52 Village Idiot @ 04/26/08 10:07 AM
That these guys think of NCAA 08 as "award-winning" and "a great game" speaks volumes.

# 53 ENIGMATIC 1 @ 04/26/08 10:09 AM
Do you still get to save highlights?

# 54 beau21 @ 04/26/08 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyekid
I know not everyone will agree with me but no entrances, mascot celebrations, no pregame or post game show does not equal improved atmosphere.

I've been to the last 10 years of Iowa football games and never once did I see a player celebrate with a mascot.

I wish someone would work at EA that actually watches college football. I know the guys that make NHL 08 do, same with the guys who made NBA and NCAA 2k8 and MLB 08.

I would wet my pants if they had a couple generic entrances. I would jump up and down if my player scored, celebrated with his teammates (I actually didn't mind celebrations last year), the band played the fight song but got quiet when I kicked my PAT, and then they showed the TD, showed stats, etc. That's the way it happens on TV, why not on a video game.
couldn't agree more

# 55 therizing02 @ 04/26/08 10:33 AM
On another note, it looks as if the Super Sim "feature" is still f'd up. What's the point in even adding this to the game if it's broken? Maybe remove it and add, IDK...team entrances....or....more teams....or...you get the idea.

# 56 J-Unit40 @ 04/26/08 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
That these guys think of NCAA 08 as "award-winning" and "a great game" speaks volumes.
Exactly. These guys are beyond clueless.

# 57 countryboy @ 04/26/08 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Review
this guy speaks the truth
not to me.

# 58 coogrfan @ 04/26/08 11:05 AM
Several people have pointed out the freshman level thing, but we also need to remember that this isn't anywhere near being the final product. The game is still at least a month away from being more or less finished, plus there will be another month of testing/polishing before it goes gold.

I'm excited about the potential of what I saw in this vid, and I'll be be very interested to see what the game looks like in a month or two.

# 59 prowler @ 04/26/08 11:35 AM
Quote:
Still plan on buying it but...
That's all they care about and that's why they will continue to release sub par games year after year.

# 60 Jistic @ 04/26/08 11:37 AM
Yay! Madden Sugar Buzz gaming has made it's way to NCAA 2009!

With Madden I don't care anymore, with NCAA, I keep getting closer to that day. If that game speed doesn't slow down by July, I'm out. I'm not in a rush to finish a game like the rest of the world.

Man every year with console sports gaming that goes by I'm more and more thankful for text based sim gaming. It's funny, the better our technology, the worse it's getting.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.