Home
News Post

GameSpot has posted a video clip showing off NCAA Football 09 with Dave Ross, the Project Lead.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 countryboy @ 04/26/08 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
That's all they care about and that's why they will continue to release sub par games year after year.

I actually enjoy the game and thats all I care about.

# 62 bad_philanthropy @ 04/26/08 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Several people have pointed out the freshman level thing, but we also need to remember that this isn't anywhere near being the final product. The game is still at least a month away from being more or less finished, plus there will be another month of testing/polishing before it goes gold.

I'm excited about the potential of what I saw in this vid, and I'll be be very interested to see what the game looks like in a month or two.
This is true, I think last year they were talking about still tuning right up until the beginning of June. But also we don't know what we can do with this game with sliders. I actually felt last year that sliders were pretty effective (especially after the patch) and could be adjusted to make a pretty enjoyable game, in fact I seem to find a slider set every year that makes the game play close enough to the way I want, so I'm optimistic about enjoying the game again. Of course it's still no excuse for all the odd design decisions and lack of other features in the game, but what can you do?

# 63 TheGamingChef @ 04/26/08 01:09 PM
The player models are excellent, but some animations are a little clunky.

# 64 razcan @ 04/26/08 01:13 PM
Jesus they are excited about players being able to celebrate with mascots. Seriously? They are hanging there hat on that? Promoting that as if anybody gives a crap? Seriously? At 10yrs old I wouldn't have cared about that.

What a joke.

# 65 davin @ 04/26/08 01:19 PM
I think the game speed is a result of the freshman difficulty. That guy playing the game scares me though, he doesn't even wait around before leaving the pocket. Even though I tend to scramble out more often than not, I wait to make some reads before doing so. I really do not think we can gain anything about gameplay from this vid, freshman difficulty kills that. Also keep in mind "wide open gameplay" doesn't look too good if they play on heisman and it is a defensive struggle. Oh well, I think it will be a long time until we really get to judge this game, until we have guys from other sites (not the ign, gamespot, etc) who test the game out at heisman and all american.

# 66 Altimus @ 04/26/08 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Several people have pointed out the freshman level thing, but we also need to remember that this isn't anywhere near being the final product. The game is still at least a month away from being more or less finished, plus there will be another month of testing/polishing before it goes gold.

I'm excited about the potential of what I saw in this vid, and I'll be be very interested to see what the game looks like in a month or two.
Well said. Game hits in mid July and it isn't May yet. Plenty of time for adjustments, and additions.

# 67 countryboy @ 04/26/08 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razcan
Jesus they are excited about players being able to celebrate with mascots. Seriously? They are hanging there hat on that? Promoting that as if anybody gives a crap? Seriously? At 10yrs old I wouldn't have cared about that.

What a joke.
thats not what they are hanging their hat on. Good rant though.

# 68 babyfat9 @ 04/26/08 03:10 PM
I Still see no Dreadlocks and Mullets on guys......Come on EA

# 69 SageInfinite @ 04/26/08 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
Yea Madden had them last year I don't see why they don't have them on NCAA this year.

# 70 ODogg @ 04/26/08 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
oh man, wonderful, yet another small thing ea could add and they don't. honestly so far the only two things i've seen that i've liked so far is better grass/field texture and much better lighting. so that's all they've done i guess this year. wow, that's unreal.

# 71 countryboy @ 04/26/08 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
oh man, wonderful, yet another small thing ea could add and they don't. honestly so far the only two things i've seen that i've liked so far is better grass/field texture and much better lighting. so that's all they've done i guess this year. wow, that's unreal.
I doubt thats all they have done.

# 72 ODogg @ 04/26/08 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I doubt thats all they have done.
oh i know, but those are the only two things i can remember offhand from all my reading and watching of vids i've seen. the online dynasty too but if the game's hosed then that's not much of an addition.

# 73 SageInfinite @ 04/26/08 05:14 PM
I'm telling you guys they focused on the online dynasty's that alot of you guys wanted. That was their major focus this year. Sucks for me because this is something I will never lose as well as online modes period.

# 74 Cardot @ 04/26/08 11:46 PM
1. What was up with the Synchronized Pilates that a few guys on the D-Line were doing? See 4:47 or 7:23 for a couple examples.

2. Where can I send donations for the cameraman to get a tripod?

3. I am also perplexed with the continued awkward pregame intro. I was trying to think of the last sports game I played where there were no pregame animations of the players before the game....perhaps the NES??? What makes it even worse, is that college football players charging onto the field maybe the most exciting entrance in all of sport.

# 75 ODogg @ 04/27/08 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot

3. I am also perplexed with the continued awkward pregame intro. I was trying to think of the last sports game I played where there were no pregame animations of the players before the game....perhaps the NES??? What makes it even worse, is that college football players charging onto the field maybe the most exciting entrance in all of sport.
AMEN!! And as many of you know i've stuck up for EA in the past in regards to some issues are much more complex than people who have never programmed know (I took computer programming in college so I see things a little different in this respect) but I honestly do not believe this would be THAT DIFFICULT. So WTF EA??

# 76 BSherrod @ 04/27/08 02:13 AM
I'm a little disappointed. Moving helmets and cutting to a cheerleader after every play is not atmosphere. Now I have to find a PS2 by June so I can play a version of NCAA that'll have entrances.

# 77 D.Winn @ 04/27/08 03:21 AM
Im not pessimistic, but that video SUCKED. I should have stopped watching it when he mentioned the game being on FRESHMAN. EA needs to take a year off, acquire the 2k development team, and come back with a completely different game. I've been playing this game for YEARS and i've seen minimal improvement on the next gen side. Cheerleader cutscenes are something that can be found on LAST gen in the earlier versions. I keep hearing about this "wide open" gameplay, and then i noticed that Tebow's Oline couldnt create a pocket for him to move around in. If this game scored an 8.5 last year..it will deserve an 8.6 this year. I play college games to see the my team rush onto the field and the crowd roars...not to see digital helmets and a stadium shot. Its simple, EA does not care.

# 78 LingeringRegime @ 04/27/08 04:11 AM
So sad. No pregame show, the 2K series is still superior. It's too bad that the developers don't see the need for this.

# 79 babyfat9 @ 04/27/08 04:38 AM
EA is so lame....i want to see Ralphie run on the field with the Buffs team, Miami's smoke screen like ps2, Notre Dames like ps2...Michigans banner....and other teams rush the field.....or for christ sakes give us some Logo stomps on the 50 yard line......that's freekin college football....forget this stadium view crap.....like we see the damn stadium anyways when we play.....we only see the field.....get some real college football ethusiast to give you inputs on games instead of men wearing ties, eating donuts at their desks or running to the break room before the free bagels run out !!!!!!!!

# 80 countryboy @ 04/27/08 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRETCHARUSS
So sad. No pregame show, the 2K series is still superior. It's too bad that the developers don't see the need for this.
While I agree that its pathetic that we get no pre-game show or at the very least team captains on the field for the coin toss, but the 2K series wasn't superior to the NCAA series when it came to college football games.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.