Home
News Post

Got a call from my stepson yesterday, while I was at work. He said my house had been broken into. They got away w/ my 360 Elite, Wii, DVD player, Samsung monitor and some of my wife's jewelry. While I'm upset, I'm just glad nobody was home when it happened. Although I do wish I was...

The Pistons handled the Sixers and will close out the Sixers in Philly. Huge win for the Rockets as they stay alive, but the Suns and Mavs are done. Is it time for them to shake it up?

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: Have you ever been robbed of any of your posessions?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

mmowen (29), agte (23), mtmcq284 (19)

Member Comments
# 1 callmetaternuts @ 04/30/08 09:29 AM
That sucks Steve, im sorry to hear that happened to you, but glad that no one was hurt. Keep an eye out for your XBL gamertag online, maybe we can track him down like that other dude who stole a 360.

GTA IV rules my world btw

QOTD: Ive had 3 cars broken into in 3 different places, and none of my cars (at the time) were nice or anything. The last one happened 3 years ago when i was really down and at a bad point in my life, nothing serious, just down. Someone broke into my car, took everything i had in there, my wallet (which was not viewable, and was only in there bc i got home from work at 530 PM and just had to walk upstairs and go to sleep. Woke up 2 hours later to get food, and my car was broken into).

Its a helpless feeling and sucks. Sorry again.

# 2 Steve_OS @ 04/30/08 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
That sucks Steve, im sorry to hear that happened to you, but glad that no one was hurt. Keep an eye out for your XBL gamertag online, maybe we can track him down like that other dude who stole a 360.

GTA IV rules my world btw

QOTD: Ive had 3 cars broken into in 3 different places, and none of my cars (at the time) were nice or anything. The last one happened 3 years ago when i was really down and at a bad point in my life, nothing serious, just down. Someone broke into my car, took everything i had in there, my wallet (which was not viewable, and was only in there bc i got home from work at 530 PM and just had to walk upstairs and go to sleep. Woke up 2 hours later to get food, and my car was broken into).

Its a helpless feeling and sucks. Sorry again.
Yeah, if anyone sees steveos logged onto XBL please notify me. My last time online was w/ GTA IV on the 29th.

# 3 nyisles16 @ 04/30/08 09:36 AM
QOTD.. luckily, so far so good..

Sorry to hear Steve..

# 4 boomhauertjs @ 04/30/08 09:38 AM
Steve that really sucks about your stuff. I hope everyone is ok and that they catch the scumbag(s).

My wife left at 5:30 this morning for a bus trip with her school to Chicago. She was not looking forward to a trip with 37 middle schoolers (and I wouldn't either).

Cavs can close it out tonight. I'm looking forward to not having to hear any more stupid comments from the Wiz.

Not a whole going on the OS boards thanks to GTA IV. I feel so left out.

QOTD: When I lived in Cincinnati, my dumb*** roommate left our front door unlocked and some guys broke in. Luckily, another roommate came home while they were in the house and they dropped most of the stuff. The cops found a bag with the rest of our stuff (including my N64 controllers and some frozen fish from our freezer (LOL!). They also found a job application to Kroger's that one of the geniuses had filled out earlier that day. Needless to say, he was easy to catch. The roommate who left the door open wanted to ask our landlord to buy an alarm. The rest of us said why don't you try locking the door.

# 5 aukevin @ 04/30/08 09:45 AM
That really sucks Steve. Hopefully the criminal will be stupid enough to sign on as you so a location can be found out.

# 6 LiquidCrash @ 04/30/08 09:46 AM
Sucks to hear that Steve, I'd be pissed off it that happened.

QOTD: Yes. Last year someone broke into my truck parked down the block from my house. They stole my sub, amp, face plate for my deck (I know, shoulda taken that out), and a tool set I had in the back. I was pretty angry when I saw it. I had gotten home late from work the night before and had to be in early that day, so that wasn't exactly the start of the day I wanted to see. Of course, whoever did it hasn't been caught and nothing of mine has been recovered. I think I have an idea who it might be, but with no proof I can't do anything.

# 7 Acid @ 04/30/08 10:04 AM
Damn Steve, sorry to hear that. But like you said, it's a good thing no one was home, so at least no one got hurt.

QOTD: Nope, I've been lucky.

# 8 hooder18 @ 04/30/08 10:28 AM
That s sucks Steve.
QOTD: My wife and I got robbed last year, she went to Target came back 45 minutes later and everything was gone, my 50" HDTV, XBOX 360, 250 DVDs, jewelry and a personally signed Troy AIkman jersey but everybody was safe so that was all that I cared about. Plus I got all new stuff a couple weeks later and a alarm system.

# 9 Nomah5 @ 04/30/08 11:04 AM
Steve, sorry to hear about the break in. Karma is a wonderful thing so it will come around and bite those scumbags. Most criminals are idiots, whether its with the cameras at stores, etc. So, they will more than likely use your gamertag.

Are you dissapointed with GTA? Kind of dull if you ask me. Driving is difficult and i just thought the control (fighting) is kind of drab. Maybe i need more time.

Yes, MAJOR changes for my Suns. New coach is needed as is new players. I look forward to a big offseason implosion!!

# 10 Scott @ 04/30/08 11:21 AM
QOTD: Nope, thankfully

Steve, sorry to hear about that, glad you and your family are okay though.

# 11 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 04/30/08 01:12 PM
Steve. Im sorry man, i have never been a victim of this, but i have friends who have been multiple times.
This world makes me so pissed sometimes man.

Glad everything is ok

# 12 slickdtc @ 04/30/08 04:35 PM
QOTD: No, thank God. Doesn't matter what they steal materially, it's what they steal mentally that hurts the most. I'm glad I haven't been a victim (knock on wood). Sorry to hear about the invasion on your house Steve. Hopefully they get caught.. then again, I believe in karma so they'll get theirs.

# 13 sbmnky @ 04/30/08 05:08 PM
Steve that totally sucks - sorry to hear.

QOTD: I've been fortunate thus far

# 14 davin @ 04/30/08 05:45 PM
QOTD: Yes. Back in highschool I used to listen to my cd player on the bus (my bus ride was 25 minutes each way) so I put it in my bookbag in a locked compartment with my cds inside my locked locker. I come back to my locker 3rd period, everything is gone. I go to the office to report this, to which our excellent (sarcastic) assistant principal then tells me that cd players are not allowed in school anyways, apparently there was nothing I could do and the school didn't care at all. That was over 100 dollars worth of stuff, I was pretty upset. My school wasn't really known for that kind of theft so it was surprising.

# 15 McLite @ 04/30/08 06:12 PM
Sucks about the burglary. Nothing makes me madder that hard working people who are gone from their house and these savages break in and steal their stuff.

QOTD: I've never been a victim of burglary. All though every day I leave for work and see my pot smoking Section 8 neighbor sitting in his car listening to music I expect to come home to a kicked in door.

Some of the things I have at my house though...
- Heavy duty strike plates on my doors, makes them harder to kick.
- An alarm. I really don't care for the bumbling Barney Fife that would show up but the noise is great.
- Motion lights.
- A lock on my back gate...bad guys hate climbing walls to get into backyards.
- An 85 lb German Shepherd which roams my backyard and garage at will.
- My serial numbers for all my good stuff stored on a piece of paper in my closet. Makes it a lot easier for the police to find an owner when pawn shops are checked.

# 16 chilli311 @ 04/30/08 09:45 PM
QOTD: Sorry to those folks who have been victims of this.

Luckily, I have never had anything serious stolen from me. Worst I've had was my 40 Oz to Freedom CD... 3 times!

# 17 Brandon 2006 @ 04/30/08 09:56 PM
QOTD: I had only 1 thing stolen from me ever. A New York Yankees hat that my cousin bought me while he was in New York.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.