Home
News Post

GameSpot has posted 7 video clips from NCAA Football 09.

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mdgoalie37 @ 05/02/08 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRETCHARUSS
Yeah, the cutscene that really gets me is the one with the cheerleaders running through the end zone with the team flags during the game. Hopefully, that will be fixed.
Wasn't teh clip they showed that after a TD?

# 22 Cardot @ 05/02/08 03:17 PM
So that is SEC atmosphere? You could here a pin drop.

I have always liked the trio of of Nessler, Herbie and Corso.....but I think I am ready from a new crew. They just sound a bit old now.

I did like some of the animations.

# 23 Soonerd2 @ 05/02/08 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
From the latest NCAA 09 vids, I slowed down each and looked at the pocket (or lack of!). Maybe I'm spoiled by other games versions of the passing pocket.

Huge pocket with huge gaps. 71 is just standing there looking dumb.

Left guard finds out there is a lb/de free on the right side and goes behind all his linemen comrades to block said guy. Turns his back to the defense.

#71, LT, goes around the LG to the right to stand there looking like an idiot.

70 and 71 stand there with the arms up like t-rexes. This animation has been in the game since Joey Harrington was on the cover.
Who should 70 and 71 be blocking then? It is far from perfect but most of the pictures you selected to post they really don't have much to block.

# 24 Cdenz @ 05/02/08 03:19 PM
cheerleaders, you know EA will over done.

EA really has no idea what they are trying to do with game atmosphere

# 25 Soonerd2 @ 05/02/08 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
I was glad to see the CPU offense drive down the field though... as boring as it might be I wish the CPU scored on me by sustaining a drive rather than a big play... Im looking for a chess match not checkers... But I do see what your saying
I agree with you here. When I'm on defense it's either a 3 and out, pick, or missed tackle by a safety and GOODBYE

# 26 rudyjuly2 @ 05/02/08 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
I was glad to see the CPU offense drive down the field though... as boring as it might be I wish the CPU scored on me by sustaining a drive rather than a big play... Im looking for a chess match not checkers... But I do see what your saying
We need both though. Many times, TDs don't just come off of long 10-15 play, 80 yard drives. That's why teams are trying to find that explosive guy that can score on one play. College games usually have more big plays than the NFL as well. There has to be a healthy mix of long scoring drives vs. big plays.

If you look at this USC scoring analysis, from 2002 to 2007, over half of the team's points were scored by the defense or on a short field (drives starting on your opponent's half). Less than half the points came from drives that started on their own side of the field. Furthermore, if the ball started on their own 20 (or inside it), only 23.5% of their points came from a really long drive.
http://www.trojanfootballanalysis.co..._analysis.html

Just looking at a guy like Mario Manningham, the guy caught 72 balls last year at 16.3 a catch in 12 games. In his 12 games, he had a least one 30+ yard catch in 7 games. I want the cpu to have a great college player make big plays against me and not just move the chains. I want the same for me as well.

We also need more three and outs where teams punt more. Last year's game didn't have enough big plays or punts. Hopefully the balance will be good in '09 and I'm optimistic.

# 27 bad_philanthropy @ 05/02/08 03:34 PM
The cpu did throw kind deep in one of the videos trying to go over top of the corner.

# 28 muggins @ 05/02/08 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
Who should 70 and 71 be blocking then? It is far from perfect but most of the pictures you selected to post they really don't have much to block.
Moving to help double team, or pick up blocks off of a fellow OLINE who is falling. In the last picture there the one onlinemen has thrown a dline to the left. 70 should be moving to pick him up

# 29 Soonerd2 @ 05/02/08 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
Moving to help double team, or pick up blocks off of a fellow OLINE who is falling. In the last picture there the one onlinemen has thrown a dline to the left. 70 should be moving to pick him up
Na, like I said it is far from perfect or even correct, but those pictures just didn't add up to me.

Everyone's got an opinion though. Won't argue at all.

# 30 BigTigLSU @ 05/02/08 04:18 PM
Quote:
Na, like I said it is far from perfect or even correct, but those pictures just didn't add up to me.

Everyone's got an opinion though. Won't argue at all.
If its zone blocking then I dont see the big issue except with 70 not turned in the direction of the DT that has broken loose from his blocker

But another thing that is an issue if the DT is giving that blocker problems he should be getting Double teamed if its a 4 man rush. #71 could also be helping out against that DE as well especailly since its a 4 man rush

# 31 noplace @ 05/02/08 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
So that is SEC atmosphere? You could here a pin drop.

I have always liked the trio of of Nessler, Herbie and Corso.....but I think I am ready from a new crew. They just sound a bit old now.

I did like some of the animations.
Right? I'm starting to think atmosphere will be up to us with the custom misuc feature...I'm ok with that if the crowd noise is good

# 32 noplace @ 05/02/08 04:46 PM
Things I did like about the vid was more movement on defense. The LB's & Safetly moved mor realistic to formation shifts & motion. Seen a nice wrap takle on the kick off too. Has anyone said how many new animations were added. The main issue with EA still remains player interaction & presentation.

# 33 rudyjuly2 @ 05/02/08 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
Totally overrated. Looks and seems to be a 5 dollar update at best. This series and Madden need a total redo twenty years is really showing. I'm sorry for saying this but it doesn't seem like ea puts much effort into either of these games. Why have sliders if they don't make a HUGE difference in how a game plays
So you can judge from a 5-7 play set of videos that the game hasn't changed when all three guys that played it said its very different and a lot better? If you've already made up your mind to hate the game, what's the difference.

Some of your posts in the NCAA forum also seem contradictory. In one thread you say you play on AA and hold the cpu to under 3 ypc on the ground with a crappy team. In the other thread complain about how the cpu isn't tough enough on even the hardest level (which is heisman). Which is it? I certainly think with tweaking sliders (if you did that) on Heisman that the cpu would average far more than 3 ypc on Heisman unless you are the greatest gamer in the world. Are you making some of this stuff up? Honestly, state for the record what difficulty level you play on and your sliders which you say don't do anything. I asked you this stuff before and you just ignore it.

Link to you saying Heisman is too easy: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...l-ea-ever.html

Link to you playing on AA: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-question.html

# 34 Anaxamander @ 05/02/08 05:47 PM
There is no way a crowd has ever been that quiet in Auburn, Alabama. What happened to the HFA? Auburn has to be on the list of toughest places to play...

# 35 countryboy @ 05/02/08 05:57 PM
Quote:
they should be helping out or having their heads on a swivel looking around for potential "problems".

This is one aspect of the game that annoys me.

# 36 jdrhammer @ 05/02/08 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
i'm into playing NCAA 08 right now (after trying Madden 08 twice and getting bored with APF08). out of those 3, i think NCAA is the best offering from 2008 and i'm really enjoying my Husker dynasty play.
after watching these videos, however, i don't see that 09 is different enough to warrant the 60 bucks.

things i did notice different:
  • the grass-not worth the $
  • cheerleaders cut scenes-not worth the $
  • player models on sideline don't all look like the StayPuff Marshmallow Men-not worth the $
  • slightly better graphics/lighting-not worth the $
  • previous video i saw had the Mascots back in the game-not worth the $
maybe i'm blind, but i didn't notice anything else that really stood out to me as different than 08.

just my opinion.
Looked to me like Bama's players on the sideline have white cleats, while everyone on the field has on black. Hmmm.

# 37 Soonerd2 @ 05/02/08 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
they should be helping out or having their heads on a swivel looking around for potential "problems".

This is one aspect of the game that annoys me.
Totally agree with you. Other than pic 2 the QB is in no immediate danger of being sacked. I want double teams and all of that also. I just don't see the point in complaining about those pics where there is nothing to complain about protection wise.

# 38 countryboy @ 05/02/08 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Looked to me like Bama's players on the sideline have white cleats, while everyone on the field has on black. Hmmm.
generic sideline players.

Hopefully, at some point we can get actual players on the sidelines, something like what the Show has now, although its not perfect by any means, but its nice to see a real person on the sidelines/in the dugout.

# 39 jdrhammer @ 05/02/08 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
generic sideline players.

Hopefully, at some point we can get actual players on the sidelines, something like what the Show has now, although its not perfect by any means, but its nice to see a real person on the sidelines/in the dugout.
Yep. I don't mind some of them being generic, but how hard is it to have the K & P back by the net? The QB's should be by the HC. There should be benches at opposite ends of the sidelines, one for offense, one for defense. What is so difficult about that? Can the sideline players not wear the same colored shoes for mercy sakes? Surely they can/will fix this. It shouldn't be too hard.

# 40 countryboy @ 05/02/08 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Yep. I don't mind some of them being generic, but how hard is it to have the K & P back by the net? The QB's should be by the HC. There should be benches at opposite ends of the sidelines, one for offense, one for defense. What is so difficult about that? Can the sideline players not wear the same colored shoes for mercy sakes? Surely they can/will fix this. It shouldn't be too hard.
I agree 1000%. But I seriously doubt that they'll fix the sidelines this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.