Home
News Post

This week, it's T.J. Cutini (TJdaSportsGuy), Matt Gagnon (mattyg), and Matt Blumenthal (TheLetterZ). The guys talk about the new online features of Madden 09 and NCAA 09. They'll also discuss new information on Tiger Woods 09, the Backbreaker football game coming up, and they even squeeze in some GTA4 talk.

Duration: 66:24 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ

Here's how to get the show:
  • Launch the media player in the upper right hand corner of the top menu bar.
  • Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes by clicking here.
  • Add the show to your favorite RSS aggregator here.
  • Download the MP3 directly here.
If you're listening to the show through iTunes, please leave us a review by following this link.

Here are links to some of the things we mention on the show:

Member Comments
# 21 Acid @ 05/06/08 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
TJ needs something unique, I was mildly changing it to avoid copyright issues.
"Go **** yourself, Operation Sports."

"You stay classy Operation Sports, I'm T.J. Cutini?"

# 22 LingeringRegime @ 05/06/08 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Alright...I have to ask. You live in the Pacific Northwest yet you're a Panthers, Bobcats, and Tar Heel fan. What gives?
I was born and raised in Charlotte, but because of my work, I live in Washington. One of the things I miss most about Charlotte is: sunlight I wish I could move back, but it looks like I will be here for a while. Thanks for asking by the way.

# 23 TJdaSportsGuy @ 05/06/08 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRETCHARUSS
I was born and raised in Charlotte, but because of my work, I live in Washington. One of the things I miss most about Charlotte is: sunlight I wish I could move back, but it looks like I will be here for a while. Thanks for asking by the way.
I was born and raised there myself. How old are you? What HS did you attend?

# 24 ExtremeGamer @ 05/06/08 09:19 PM
Quote:
A/S/L?

# 25 Acid @ 05/06/08 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
A/S/L?
PIX PLZ!!

# 26 ChaseB @ 05/06/08 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlyGilmore
Ah! My fans speak! YES!

i'm hoping to be on this weekend. I coach baseball in the spring and we had a Noon game on Sunday (which ended up getting washed out), so I wasn't able to attend.

But not really a lot more Euro to talk about until we get our hands on the game. We did discuss the demo a few podcasts ago.
Really? I don't remember you guys talking about it...I'm returning this weekend and unlike the other douches Bly and myself do play the footie games so we could hit on it briefly if anything...And then yea once May 19th rolls around I'll be getting it and I think Bly is going to try and weasel it somehow.

# 27 Acid @ 05/06/08 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slizeezyc
Really? I don't remember you guys talking about it...I'm returning this weekend and unlike the other douches Bly and myself do play the footie games so we could hit on it briefly if anything...And then yea once May 19th rolls around I'll be getting it and I think Bly is going to try and weasel it somehow.
2 guys who like football on the Waiver Wire?

I dig it.

# 28 BlyGilmore @ 05/07/08 11:24 AM
Quote:
All great broadcasters need a sign off. I'm still looking for mine. Cutini...OUT! is taken already.
I always like "Smoke 'em if you've got 'em."

so maybe "This is TJ Cutini saying ... smoke 'em if you've got 'em. See you next week!"

# 29 BlyGilmore @ 05/07/08 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
You could at least get the quote right.

"Go **** yourself, San Diego."
lol awesome.

"This is TJ Cutini, which of course means a whales ..... in german, signing off."

a couple of other thoughts ...

Ghostbusters II version ...
"On our next show, hairless pets. Weird. Until next time this is TJ Cutini saying ............"

Or maybe take a page from Kimmel ...

"Sadly that's all the time we have. Our apologies to Peter Moore. See ya!"

# 30 Acid @ 05/07/08 12:46 PM
"When life gives you lemons, just say '**** the lemons' and bail."

I think that should be T.J.'s sign off.

# 31 LingeringRegime @ 05/07/08 09:23 PM
Quote:
I am 33, I would have gone to Independence but my family moved to Hickory when I began High School. Small world, huh? Where did you go to school?

# 32 ASB37 @ 05/07/08 09:43 PM
Another great show tj you and the guys really do a great job ive been listening to every show since the merger, great addition to the site.

# 33 TJdaSportsGuy @ 05/08/08 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRETCHARUSS
I am 33, I would have gone to Independence but my family moved to Hickory when I began High School. Small world, huh? Where did you go to school?
Olympic High School...we hated you guys. O-Dawgs for LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB37
Another great show tj you and the guys really do a great job ive been listening to every show since the merger, great addition to the site.
Thanks a bunch, bro. We appreciate the kind words.

# 34 driddy @ 05/08/08 09:42 PM
Enjoyed the podcast, consider me a listener from here on out.

I disagree with your comments about NFL2k5. You guys kind of dismissed it as something that is getting better due to nostalgia, then you all went on to wax poetic about Tecmo Superbowl. uh pot = kettle. You even went as far as to discuss updated rosters and the sites providing them, I'll take 2k5 with updated rosters (as they do exist in your very own forums) over Tecmo superbowl with updated rosters. To this day Madden has yet to equal the innovations of this game and has essentially made next gen football a "meh" time of year. Hopefully this renewed focus on presentation will make the game shine, that's assuming they get the onfield stuff right of course. In any event, I'm glad for this site, and that there is a sports dedicated podcast.

# 35 LingeringRegime @ 05/09/08 01:14 AM
[quote=TJdaSportsGuy;2038344817]Olympic High School...we hated you guys. O-Dawgs for LIFE!!

Yeah, I wish my family didn't make that move. It was tough leaving all my friends.

# 36 ASB37 @ 05/10/08 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laettner32
Hey guys, love the podcast! Entertaining, informative, helps pass the time at work. Just an idea for a topic before the annual run of sports game releases cranks up w/ NCAA in July. Wanna hear your guys thoughts on the greatest videogame athletes of all time! Gretzky in NHL '93? Bo Jackson or L.T. in Tecmo Bowl? Ken Griffey in KG Baseball for the SNES? Or a dark horse...Bones Jackson for Super Mutant League F'ball! Just a suggestion, keep making 'em and I'll keep listening!
I second this...I believe there was an OS piece done on this very subject and would love to hear you guys' input on this.

# 37 rp71284 @ 05/11/08 09:30 PM
LOL it's obvious you guys aren't doing this until the Pens/Flyers game.

# 38 TheLetterZ @ 05/11/08 10:03 PM
No Mother's Day podcast. We'll let you know when we have an update.

# 39 BlyGilmore @ 05/12/08 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laettner32
Hey guys, love the podcast! Entertaining, informative, helps pass the time at work. Just an idea for a topic before the annual run of sports game releases cranks up w/ NCAA in July. Wanna hear your guys thoughts on the greatest videogame athletes of all time! Gretzky in NHL '93? Mike Tyson in Punchout? Bo Jackson or L.T. in Tecmo Bowl? Ken Griffey in KG Baseball for the SNES? Or a dark horse...Bones Jackson for Super Mutant League F'ball! Just a suggestion, keep making 'em and I'll keep listening!
We have something coming up on the front of Operation Sports I think you're really going to like - and i'm sure the Waiver Wire will jump in and provide some commentary as well.

so consider that a big old teaser

# 40 ChaseB @ 05/12/08 08:36 PM
Should be recording tonight, so yea....And if not tonight then def in next day or two.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.