Home
News Post

Pasta Padre has the scoop.

Quote:
"It appears that Facebreaker will be the next EA Sports game to get a price reduction. This follows the releases of March Madness 08 and FIFA Street 3 ($50) and NFL Tour ($40) which all had an initial sale price lower than the standard."

Game: FaceBreakerReader Score: 3/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 7 - View All
FaceBreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 1 yamabushi @ 05/05/08 12:22 PM
Looking at those other games, I think EAs trying to tell us something....

# 2 Complex @ 05/05/08 12:29 PM
As a die-hard boxing fan, this game interest me very little.

# 3 fistofrage @ 05/05/08 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex
As a die-hard boxing fan, this game interest me very little.
As a die hard boxing fan, I probably wouldn't play this game if it was free.

# 4 Brian_OS @ 05/05/08 01:57 PM
Rental

# 5 boomhauertjs @ 05/05/08 02:34 PM
I'm curious about this one. I'll check out a demo and would buy it if I liked the demo. I like arcadey Punch Out style boxing over sim boxing.

# 6 Heelfan71 @ 05/05/08 06:19 PM
It's easier to lower prices than improve quality.

# 7 jmood88 @ 05/05/08 09:02 PM
Too bad 2k can't just buy up the boxing license in response to this price cut.

# 8 Money99 @ 05/06/08 10:28 AM
I want a boxing sim, but this game looks like a lot of fun.
If it's at a reduced price, I'll be picking it up. Mike Tyson's Punchout and Ready 2 Rumble weren't realistic and yet I had a blast with both. More so than FN Rd3 which was supposed to be a sim.

# 9 JayBee74 @ 05/06/08 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
I'm curious about this one. I'll check out a demo and would buy it if I liked the demo. I like arcadey Punch Out style boxing over sim boxing.
As long as the playability is good I'm game. I spent hours playing FN3 online, and that was a arcade game masquerading as a sim. Who knows how much fun this one could be?

# 10 allBthere @ 05/06/08 02:26 PM
my problem is that it just looks 'cheap' if you know what i mean. With tour, and now this among others, EA games are starting to look like those burger king games that came out a year or so ago.

If they're going to make a game like tour, it should cost no more than 20 bucks.

# 11 stephensonmc @ 05/09/08 07:11 PM
Hey guys, I'm really happy to see that some of you are interested in this.

The dev team really spent alot of time on this game, so I really want that to get to you guys.

How about this, if you have any questions about the game that you just don't know about yet, write it in this thread and I'll do my best to get answers back to you.

If I can't get the answer to a specific question, it's not because we don't want to answer it, it's that we'll be talking about that information at a later date.

So ask away guys. Also, look for some new screens of another character in FaceBreaker on the site today. http://www.easports.com/facebreaker

# 12 Brian_OS @ 05/10/08 12:19 AM
Stephensonmc, please have your c0-workers join the FN Round 4 thread. We will have plenty of feedback and suggestions for the team.

# 13 Behindshadows @ 05/10/08 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Too bad 2k can't just buy up the boxing license in response to this price cut.
Well considering the way MLB 2k series is failing, and the way they are pissing on the marketing for Prizefighter.

I'd be surprised if 2k can buy a bag of chips, by the time Take - Two ruins all that Sega did building them up! Especially with the talents in that camp. Limited with a budget and an old Xbox 1 system.

Why buy a franchise, if your not going to utilize its talents and strengths!

Back on topic: If the price is reasonable, I'd give it a purchase. If not, its definitely a rental.

# 14 fistofrage @ 05/13/08 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Hey guys, I'm really happy to see that some of you are interested in this.

The dev team really spent alot of time on this game, so I really want that to get to you guys.

How about this, if you have any questions about the game that you just don't know about yet, write it in this thread and I'll do my best to get answers back to you.

If I can't get the answer to a specific question, it's not because we don't want to answer it, it's that we'll be talking about that information at a later date.

So ask away guys. Also, look for some new screens of another character in FaceBreaker on the site today. http://www.easports.com/facebreaker
How many characters will there be?
Is this mainly going to be an on-line game?

And can you please have some fightnight people come onto this board, we would love to interact with them and give them a list of what we think other boxing games have lacked in the past. Thanks.

# 15 stephensonmc @ 05/14/08 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
How many characters will there be?
Is this mainly going to be an on-line game?

And can you please have some fightnight people come onto this board, we would love to interact with them and give them a list of what we think other boxing games have lacked in the past. Thanks.
I'm the Community Manager for Fight Night as well and have been looking at all your stuff.

I'll go in the other threads and talk FN with you guys.

# 16 fistofrage @ 05/14/08 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
I'm the Community Manager for Fight Night as well and have been looking at all your stuff.

I'll go in the other threads and talk FN with you guys.
Thanks for the response. Its awesome to know that you have been looking at our posts. We often wonder if thats the case and really appreciate that you take the time to read it.

# 17 fishepa @ 05/15/08 03:53 PM
I'm looking forward to this game, it looks cool.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.