Home
Madden 09 News Post

GameStop has posted their Madden Mondays blog called Returning Missed Field Goals.

Quote:
"However, sometimes innovations in gameplay easily lend themselves to NFL authenticity. One of these Madden NFL 09 innovations is the ability to return missed field goals. Over the past couple of years, we've seen in the real-world NFL how a seemingly insignificant field-goal attempt can be turned into a momentum-changing, or even game-deciding, touchdown return."

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Scott @ 05/05/08 10:36 AM
my only issue with this is, why are all the defensive players just standing around.

# 2 djordan @ 05/05/08 10:37 AM
and it begins........lol

# 3 mdgoalie37 @ 05/05/08 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
my only issue with this is, why are all the defensive players just standing around.
I think these plays usually start by everyone just standing there watching the kick so that probably isn't too dumb.

The one issue/concern I have is I hope this doesn't mean that the CPU doesn't start trying 80 yard FGs just to show that this feature is in the game. It should only happen 1-4 times a season, league-wide, max.

# 4 Scott @ 05/05/08 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I think these plays usually start by everyone just standing there watching the kick so that probably isn't too dumb.

The one issue/concern I have is I hope this doesn't mean that the CPU doesn't start trying 80 yard FGs just to show that this feature is in the game. It should only happen 1-4 times a season, league-wide, max.
Yeah unfortunately we'll probably have more and more kickers going for 70 yard FGs.

# 5 djordan @ 05/05/08 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37

You guys are reaching now...lol.

You should hope they tuned down the kickers so the won't boot 70 yard field goals...

# 6 Alliball @ 05/05/08 10:58 AM
Great, now it will be a contest to see who can make the first 364 yard FG.

If you're going to exaggerate at least make it worth while.

# 7 mvb34 @ 05/05/08 11:12 AM
Good this should counter people online who like to run up the score by trying a FG at the end of the game.

# 8 marshallfever @ 05/05/08 11:14 AM
The graphics look pretty darn good. They really are approaching the first teaser they released of the game.

# 9 IStillDoWhatIDo @ 05/05/08 11:14 AM
great. i hope in addition to this, they made kicking much harder than before. it should be a challenge to make a 40+ yard kick, and it should be HARD to make a 50+ yard kick.

# 10 Ram209 @ 05/05/08 11:40 AM
Another "fluff" feature be EA instead of focusing on real gameplay innovations!

# 11 djordan @ 05/05/08 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Another "fluff" feature be EA instead of focusing on real gameplay innovations!
so I guess this is the only new feature in the game huh...OMGZZZZ>...IM NEEVER BUYING MADDEN AGAIN!!!!

# 12 Ram209 @ 05/05/08 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
so I guess this is the only new feature in the game huh...OMGZZZZ>...IM NEEVER BUYING MADDEN AGAIN!!!!

No its not Duh!!! But its stuff like this that us "madden haters" hate, instead of returning missed field goals and saying authentic NFL gameplay, focus on Authentic NFL pockets for QBs or Authentic NFL WRAP tackles etc..... But its the nature of the beast the masses is what pay the bills.

I could see it now the next Madden challenge two cheesers are tied up guy tries a 52yrd field goal for the win comes up short and the other moron returns it for six, and that could only be done with authentic NFL gameplay which madden can provide

# 13 FlyingFinn @ 05/05/08 12:12 PM
I think it is good that it was added because it can be done in real life. However, I am very concerned that it will happen far too often to be realistic. EA seems to go overboard when they implement new stuff because they want people to know its there. FG returns happen a handful of times during the entire season but knowing EA, we will see 1 or 2 a game.

# 14 SageInfinite @ 05/05/08 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I think it is good that it was added because it can be done in real life. However, I am very concerned that it will happen far too often to be realistic. EA seems to go overboard when they implement new stuff because they want people to know its there. FG returns happen a handful of times during the entire season but knowing EA, we will see 1 or 2 a game.
Exactly. It's EA's formula to totally over-due new features. Looks at NCAA and its 50,000 cuts to the cheer leading squad a quarter, lmao.

# 15 djordan @ 05/05/08 12:20 PM
You guys kill EA for everything though...

If it wasn't added you guys will complain.....

Now its added you guys are complaining thats its now added...lolol

# 16 FlyingFinn @ 05/05/08 12:22 PM
Quote:

Re-read my post. I am glad they added it... I just have concerns about implementation based on ea's track record.

# 17 Ram209 @ 05/05/08 12:24 PM
Quote:

No were killing them for the reason Finn said, because we will see one or two a game instead of one or two every 15-20 games! Its EA style superman flying tackles, Olineman flattening 320 dt etc.... I know game is not even out yet, but Im just going on a hunch

# 18 djordan @ 05/05/08 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
No were killing them for the reason Finn said, because we will see one or two a game instead of one or two every 15-20 games! Its EA style superman flying tackles, Olineman flattening 320 dt etc.... I know game is not even out yet, but Im just going on a hunch
Well here we go with my main point again....

Last year everyone was saying how ALL KICKERS could make 60 yard field goals...Now that EA listened to US and may tone the kicking down, you guys will complain because there will be alot of shorter/realistic FG attempts?.....

# 19 Ram209 @ 05/05/08 12:41 PM
Quote:
Well here we go with my main point again....

Last year everyone was saying how ALL KICKERS could make 60 yard field goals...Now that EA listened to US and may tone the kicking down, you guys will complain because there will be alot of shorter/realistic FG attempts?.....
Come on man really! I could see we are on opposite ends of this idea so lets agree to disagree or we will keep going back and forth.

# 20 Scott @ 05/05/08 12:43 PM
Quote:

I could really care less if the feature was added. Give me a QB pocket, better QB animations & OL/DL interaction and I'd be happy.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.